Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
The Golden Compass - A let down of EPIC proportions. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was Golden Compass a Good or Bad movie?
  Good
  Bad
  Haven't seen it, but want to.
  Haven't seen it, and no interest to do so.
View Results

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:57 pm
kingsly III
I've heard that the movie quite a bit to be desired in the way of faithfulness to the book, but as a movie inspired by the book or standing alone I really enjoyed it. The effects were beautiful, and the world created was sumptuous. they put a lot of detail in it, and while I wasn't to found of the open ending at least it was happy.
No. The movie was not faithfull to the book in anyway shape or form. Read the book and you will see. And the ending. NOT how it ended in the book. They royally ******** that up. IMO  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:35 am
It seemed like a good movie to me. I haven't read the books. I hope it continues soon smile  

Dark_Night1_Wing

Clockwork Alchemist

Swashbuckling Bibliophile

37,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 am
sankapoo
kingsly III
I've heard that the movie quite a bit to be desired in the way of faithfulness to the book, but as a movie inspired by the book or standing alone I really enjoyed it. The effects were beautiful, and the world created was sumptuous. they put a lot of detail in it, and while I wasn't to found of the open ending at least it was happy.
No. The movie was not faithfull to the book in anyway shape or form. Read the book and you will see. And the ending. NOT how it ended in the book. They royally ******** that up. IMO

They gutted the book of all meaning when they made that movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 pm
The movie was okay, I guess. If I did have to complain about one thing though, is that whoever made the film just used a all-star cast (with exception of the child actors), which didn't seem to work to well, because the cast seemed quite...bland, they didn't really seem like they were putting much effort into their roles. And the fact that they screwed up the ending in a way which would screw up any sequels (which they announced aren't going to be made) because it just leaves us with Lyra and Roger going of with Lee, Iorek and Serafina to find Lord Asriel, rather than giving us the cliff-hanger that the book does with everything going chaotic, and Lyra going into the new world. I guess it could have been worse, but I'm glad that they aren't making the other two films, or at least let someone else do it.  

Plasaar

Versatile Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

STATlC ECH0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:33 pm
I was SUPREMELY disappointed with this movie because I love His Dark Materials and this didn't capture the books at all; it just made The Golden Compass boring.  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff