Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
My goodness - the rudeness of kids these days. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame_Fluffy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:13 pm
TopazCirtrine
The AGE is always what they like to ask ru 13......I respond by saying ...
Does it matter and I change the subject.....

I'm that same way when these kids ask about sexual orientation - but I don't change the subject, I address it with a question of my own. To summarize the typical Q and A...

them: how old r u?
me: Older than you, probably.
them: how old?
me: That's none of your concern, kid.
them: u r bi?
me: What kind of question is that to ask me, and why does it matter?
them: idk i jus want sum frendz.
me: Again, why would the age and sexual orientation matter? If you're trying to make friends, these should be non factors. I mean, do you only want to be friends with bisexuals?
them: no
me: then why should it matter?
them: b***h ::walks away:

Those conversations can be incredibly amusing and sad at the same time. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:23 pm
Mrs_Black_Bear
Yes I have come across that anoyance unfortunately

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you deal with such behavior? I think it has to do with a lack of good parenting since now days spanking your child is considered abuse, and it would also seem Christianity is banned in all aspects from schools and the general public which annoys me greatly I mean what about Freedom of religion? Another Problem is the Media, I think the Media also has alot to do with the attitudes of children and teens today, I mean look at what almost all teen movies are promoting and the music too, sex, violence and disrespect!

The world has certainly declined and it makes me very sad, Though I hope to have children of my own and raise them to be respectfull of all people and well manored.

no kidding! its absolutely rediculous >> I hate that thats whats expected of teenagers to be-we need better role models! Not all this rap, sex, drugs and fake love!  

chugglets

Sl1pstr3am2010

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 pm
wow, i know... like they found out you're older than 20 and they get all paranoid, or just say "You don't have much of a life" sometimes i want to say back, "shouldn't you be paying attention to your class...rather than annoying me."

though during the summer it really wouldn't work.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:40 pm
Devilish Zukin
I know when I was younger I was pretty quiet. >>

What's with kids being so opinionated now-a-days?

Well you know what they say about opinions..... they are like buttholes.... everyone has one and they are all, at least occasionally, full of crap..... blaugh  

terrible tim

Sl1pstr3am2010

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:49 pm
terrible tim
Devilish Zukin
I know when I was younger I was pretty quiet. >>

What's with kids being so opinionated now-a-days?

Well you know what they say about opinions..... they are like buttholes.... everyone has one and they are all, at least occasionally, full of crap..... blaugh

lmfao... so true *wipes tear* rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:21 pm
Madame_Fluffy
Devilish Zukin
It's very insulting, considering that a lot of us "Older People" are the ones that are donating to the site to keep it even running. x__X

But to many of the younger generation, that common fact goes unnoticed by them. Hell, the concept of donations needed to keep the site running is completely foreign to them.

As far as they're concerned - Gaia is for kids only and no one over the age of 17 should be on this site.

They say the same thing about MySpace and Facebook and the internet in general!

I spend most of my time is spent with teens, and they are shocked when they find out I'm in my late 20s and don't have kids. I'm not getting any younger rolleyes . Yes, they tell me that!  

Lady Christine the Merry

Sl1pstr3am2010

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:24 pm
Lady Christine the Merry
Madame_Fluffy
Devilish Zukin
It's very insulting, considering that a lot of us "Older People" are the ones that are donating to the site to keep it even running. x__X

But to many of the younger generation, that common fact goes unnoticed by them. Hell, the concept of donations needed to keep the site running is completely foreign to them.

As far as they're concerned - Gaia is for kids only and no one over the age of 17 should be on this site.

I spend most of my time is spent with teens, and they are shocked when they find out I'm in my late 20s and don't have kids. I'm not getting any younger rolleyes . Yes, they tell me that!

which is weird and not true cause most of the sites like those are created by people that are already graduated and are probably over 21 any way...
the internet was made for everyone.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:32 pm
Shadowdragon087
Lady Christine the Merry
Madame_Fluffy
Devilish Zukin

which is weird and not true cause most of the sites like those are created by people that are already graduated and are probably over 21 any way...

But that is what the younger generation sadly doesn't seem to understand. They are honestly that naive these days.

As an example, during a trek through Towns, I came across these pair of gaians trying to hook up with one another. I wandered over casually and asked flat out. 'How do you know s/he's as old as s/he says s/he is?'

The answer? 'Because s/he told me s/he was'.

Pointing out the fact that people can easily lie about their ages online doesn't seem to register to these kids - either that, or it simply doesn;t phase them.

Which I find rather scary. O.o  

Madame_Fluffy

Sl1pstr3am2010

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:51 pm
Madame_Fluffy
Shadowdragon087
Lady Christine the Merry
Madame_Fluffy
Devilish Zukin

But that is what the younger generation sadly doesn't seem to understand. They are honestly that naive these days.

As an example, during a trek through Towns, I came across these pair of gaians trying to hook up with one another. I wandered over casually and asked flat out. 'How do you know s/he's as old as s/he says s/he is?'

The answer? 'Because s/he told me s/he was'.

Pointing out the fact that people can easily lie about their ages online doesn't seem to register to these kids - either that, or it simply doesn;t phase them.

Which I find rather scary. O.o

yeah which reminds me of the other day this girl started arguing with me. She turned out to be 10, I looked at her profile and it's all "I'm only 10, even though my profile may say I'm 17"
I should report her, but that won't stop the fact that gaia can't control whether or not they lie.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:02 pm
Madame_Fluffy
So, my fellow geezers, I must ask...

Do you ever come across the younger populace of this site, and upon learning your real age, you hear the following...

'OMG!!1WTF R OLD PPL DOING ON GAIA?!1! F*CKING *****!!! H4VE NO L1FE!!1 DEY SHULD B B@NNED!1!'

I find this incredibly insulting, don't you?

I mean, why is it so appauling to learn that there are adults on Gaia Online? And why do they automatically assume that these same adults have no lives of their own, or that they're *****? (just because some of these whipper snappers are on this site - disobeying the site rules by seeking a cyber sex partner - does not mean the older users are here for that purpose, as well).

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you deal with such behavior?

I agree, I think it's kinda rude... There are some forums where the younger ones are saying stuff like "This should be for the younger people, why are old people here" like it's shocking...If they don't like it then they should just go, lol... I actually have 2 people on my friendlist that are over the age of 35 and I don't care... I had one person asked me my age I told them and the reacted by saying "Wow, your older then me, you could be like my mom"....your mom? then they asked me to be their gaian mom, and so I accepted it, you know being old and all lol....  

Dimika-Yuuki

iFaith-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:02 pm
I tend to get it sometimes. I guess I've been running into people that don't mind my age. Thought I've seen others get that treatment. I always say something along the lines of: "Oh so its wrong for someone over 18 to be on this site? Last time I checked you had to be OVER 13 to join. Which I am over 13 and so are they." They'll shut up and walk away. Kinda funny.

Although what does bother me is when you could have topics in towns, someone would make a 21 and over topic and tons of teenagers and tweens would pop up and go around asking people if they wanted to cyber. When did 21 and over become "Yay! Let's have some hot pixle sex!"? Since Gaia added the ignore feature, I end up having to place almost everyone on ignore because of that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:23 pm
Madame_Fluffy
TopazCirtrine
The AGE is always what they like to ask ru 13......I respond by saying ...
Does it matter and I change the subject.....

I'm that same way when these kids ask about sexual orientation - but I don't change the subject, I address it with a question of my own. To summarize the typical Q and A...

them: how old r u?
me: Older than you, probably.
them: how old?
me: That's none of your concern, kid.
them: u r bi?
me: What kind of question is that to ask me, and why does it matter?
them: idk i jus want sum frendz.
me: Again, why would the age and sexual orientation matter? If you're trying to make friends, these should be non factors. I mean, do you only want to be friends with bisexuals?
them: no
me: then why should it matter?
them: b***h ::walks away:

Those conversations can be incredibly amusing and sad at the same time. XD

XD yea but it has me in stitches everytime it happens lmao  

BloodFire_420

blitz789

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:39 pm
when have i NOT heard that...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm
iFaith-Chan
I tend to get it sometimes. I guess I've been running into people that don't mind my age. Thought I've seen others get that treatment. I always say something along the lines of: "Oh so its wrong for someone over 18 to be on this site? Last time I checked you had to be OVER 13 to join. Which I am over 13 and so are they." They'll shut up and walk away. Kinda funny.

Although what does bother me is when you could have topics in towns, someone would make a 21 and over topic and tons of teenagers and tweens would pop up and go around asking people if they wanted to cyber. When did 21 and over become "Yay! Let's have some hot pixle sex!"? Since Gaia added the ignore feature, I end up having to place almost everyone on ignore because of that.

Ppffft. Everyone knows we have HOT HOT GRANNY SEX going on in here.

Seriously, though, it's because there's a 'mature' age limit which makes them think that we can get away with that sort of thing despite it being a bannable offense.

I remember on Neopets (stop looking at me like that) and there was a +18 guild. At the time I was a touch envious (wasn't 18 yet), but not enough to lie to get it. However, I was talking to some others who weren't allowed in, and all they thought was that the guild must be able to cyber and talk about 'mature' subjects revolving around sex.  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

Sarah_Jones69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:43 pm
Well, I find it very offensive. I do not like going into towns, or reading forums and seeing sex sex sex, and come to find out, these people are 13-16... Now tell me somethings not wrong with this world.....But yea...I don't understand kinds these days.....  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff