Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
Death... What does it mean to you, do you fear it, and why? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death is to you...
Only natural.
84%
 84%  [ 85 ]
Horrible...
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
A thrill
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 101

Soulfire29

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:13 pm
Why do you feel this way?
I feel this way because to me death is only the beginning of my new life. I died before and was reborn. it's a long story and many will never believe it so I will leave it alone for the time being.

I would definetly like to learn more about that.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:01 pm
Death. The end of life. What is it to you?

I kind of believe life is like a test. Who are you going to be? What are you going to do? How are you going to affect the people in the world with you. Can you believe in God without any proof that He does or doesn't exist?

Are you afraid to die?
Yes and no. My life is what I've made it for good and bad. I wouldnt voluntarily hand it over without a damn good reason but I accept that I have to go one day. And honestly I'd prefer to go either at the same time as my husband or the day after. I'm more afraid of people I love dying, as irrational and probably selfish as that is, b/c it's hard to be alone.

My religion, intuition, the fact that I like my life and feel like it has meaning whether I understand it or not.  

Lady_Niqui

Hanamura-sensei

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:53 am
I used to fear death.
It used to scare me.
Then last year I suffered a heart attack and realised that death is just a sleep.
There is nothing to be afraid off.
Yes, while you are alive you cling to the idea of there being something after you die, but of what I can tell you, there is nothing and the weird part is, it's not even scary.
The thought that this life ends and that there is nothing after it, used to scare me...but it doesn't any more.
Dying hasn't changed my perspective on life, but rather on death.
It just makes you wonder why people bend over backwards and work like mad just to earn enough money to have a nice home.
Sometimes I think it's pointless, because one way or another, we all have to die one day and we can't take our possessions into the grave with us.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:52 am
every thing and every one are born to die
our first breath of life puts us on the road to death
out energy and bodys need to go back to the earth to make way for the next generation of life  

twotees

Lucky Lass 38

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:33 am
Death is the greatest kick of all. That's why it's saved till last.

No, I'm not afraid. I want finally to know what it's really like.
Don't know why I feel like this. I just always have.

PS I would have no trouble ending my own life if I became incapacitated by age or disease.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 am
Death will be a welcome respite from living in my case. I have not long to worry with the how, that is known, the when is still iffy. Dying is what you make it. I want to think of dying as a roller coaster ride, thrown your hands in the air and scream, "WHEEEEEEE!!" whee Being dead does not frighten me either. It is nothing, we are gone, like sleep between the dreams.  

Tess A Tigre

SpiritChangling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:57 am
What is it to you?

The end, darkness, the path to nothingness. When you die all processes stop and you cease to exists.

I'm also looking into the belief of reincarnation.

Are you afraid to die?

Sure - I'm rather attached to being aware and thinking. Probably what's brought me to look into reincarnation.

One shot to get it right, and no prize at the end. I'm not so sure I'm wear I want to be in life, feeling a bit behind were I should be. However, I have accepted it to an extent. Hell, I'm only 22, I don't really need to fully accept it until later in life.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:46 am
I'm not afraid to die. The manner of death is yet another question entirely.  

Pookynators Mom

Hitched Lunatic

charamath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:23 pm
That's kind of a tough question at the moment. I used to be afraid that there was nothing after death- that we just ceased to exsist. However, I no longer fear that because I have died and now know that not to be the case. What I am afraid of is not completing the task that was assigned to me when I died. I was a suicide, the only thing saving my soul from hell is this one task, and right now I am prevented from completing it and it's almost like God just stopped listening the moment that happened. I have had the most atrociouse luck since then, to the point even friends came to the conclusion that something wierd is going on. I think I covered all three?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:32 am
to an oilfielder death was always close as machinery let loose taking the man down next to me or a fire. tank crews fear fire or ammunition cookoffs, to me that was just the cost of doing business. later doing patrol and alarm response security its gunshot by some nutbar- got over that too. to be told one has a heart problem, that takes awhile to accept. working on that...
I cannot fear something beyond my control.and if it is true I'll just recycle until it is learned right then there is nothing to fear. all I am doing is changing out air frames and a memory block.
the only thing that worries me is whats on the other side and did I guess right.  

ronin124

TailsOS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:54 pm
What is Death to you?The end of your physical life

Are you afraid to die?Heck yes. Especially considering I'm an agnostic.

Why do you feel this way? It's simple. I dont believe in things that I cant use all of senses on. for example life now REAL. After life eh. It's just me. I'm not nockin any religion here folks just giving my explanation is all.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:46 am
Death is but the last adventure that all living beings must take (and this is coming from a former submariner). Everyday, you wake up and continue your losing battle with death, always staring at Death's door wondering if today is going to be the day it takes you into it's cold grasps.

Do I fear death? Not anymore. Long ago, I used to fear it. But now, I just remember that death is death. Can't fear what is inevitable.

Why do I feel this way? Hmm, blame it on the military. Besides, like I always say, "death is no great mystery, only the when and how."  

Sefar Morisota

Rayhenart

8,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:25 am
What is death to you?
An ending. Theres been many discussion about death: life after death, nothingness, or paranormal energies and so on. I guess it kind of depends on the individual what death means to them. Death is just simply an ending.

Do you Fear Death?
Not really.

Like most people I've seen my share of tragedies, death and the stories behind them. Death just happens. I would be saddened if a loved one dies however life will go on whether we like it or not. To live is a priviledge, best not to waste it.

"Brace up yards you cack-handed deck apes, dying is the day worth living for!" Cpt. Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:46 pm
What is death to you?
Is when I get to rest.

Do you Fear Death?
No.

Everything dies.  

Saki Shadow

Sarah_Jones69

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 pm
Death is just a natural way of life, you're born, you live your life, and then you die. I don't fear it at all, we're all going to die sometime, why not make the best of it?  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff