Strange musical tastes? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

adirtyhippy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:17 pm
Heartless-Revenge
I ask everyone(meaning just my friends, lol) if they know Apocolyptica but they don't. I'm shocked anyone knows them. I only learned of them cause I was going around youtube. I love them cause it shows that cellos don't always have to be classical music(I play the cello so this bugs me, lol). I like listening to 80-90's songs mostly cause I hate the rap of now-a-day.

I only recently got into them myself, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! A good friend actually told me I should look into them, because I'm a long time fan of Rasputina. And if you haven't heard Rasputina, OMG, you NEED to! biggrin 'Specially if you play the cello! Those girls ROCK MY SOCKS.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:18 pm
Ska Hippie
User Image
I live near Ani Difranco's hometown
3nodding

Uhm.. I like 3rd wave ska, some less-poppy 90's punk bands, classic rock, some grunge, techno/trance/dance...Just about anything, really
User Image

Oh that is awesome! biggrin

I LOVE your username by the way. X3 Hippies represent~  

adirtyhippy

Heartless-Revenge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:22 pm
adirtyhippy
Heartless-Revenge
I ask everyone(meaning just my friends, lol) if they know Apocolyptica but they don't. I'm shocked anyone knows them. I only learned of them cause I was going around youtube. I love them cause it shows that cellos don't always have to be classical music(I play the cello so this bugs me, lol). I like listening to 80-90's songs mostly cause I hate the rap of now-a-day.

I only recently got into them myself, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! A good friend actually told me I should look into them, because I'm a long time fan of Rasputina. And if you haven't heard Rasputina, OMG, you NEED to! biggrin 'Specially if you play the cello! Those girls ROCK MY SOCKS.

No I haven't heard of them. Are they on youtube?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:34 pm
i heart old movies & muscials i love bob hope he is awsum, & dean martin old blue eyes franky um i also like heavy metal & i heart heart heart my techno  

Rainbow_Raver_baby

Tirsden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:39 am
*makes note to look this Ani Difranco up* (edit: I did, hmm I don't think I actually like her... d'oh! Ah well. Meanwhile, the Industrial Victorian playlist I just found on Imeem is interesting. 3nodding )

I had a boss steal my work tapes once, the mix I had threw him so badly (and this was after he'd been having to overhear them for about a year). blaugh ...so I listened to country, because I could stand it even though I hated it. He hated it worse. Needless to say, I got my tapes back. They had everything from Kermit the Frog to Madonna to anime songs to Rammstein to Spice Girls...

I love techno, metal, most rock, "angst rock" or emo or whatever the heck they are calling it now (hmm, there's another entry for the "you know you`re old when" list), anime stuff, movie soundtracks, video game soundtracks, a bunch of classical, and experimental / surreal / ambiance. There's also celtic, J-Pop, and I should quit editing this thing and go to bed... I adore Eminem but can't stand most other rap / hip hop / R&B. I now flat-out refuse to listen to country.

Yes, my musical tastes confuse people. Gotta love it. And I am completely unafraid to say I heart MCR! xp

And I know Apocalyptica quite well, though I have only recently discovered them. GREAT STUFF. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:33 am
I'm pretty much stuck on My Chemical Romance and The Used....before then was Linkin Park and Stone Sour...Hanson and before then I just listened to whatever my mother listened to. LOL  

ANGEL_OF_DEATH1985

Angry Kitsune

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:35 pm
heart I love old musicals and old movies from the Hollywood glam era. My fave actor is Audie Murphy (He's so hot!) and fave actress is Elizabeth Taylor. There's this one movie that I absolutely adore in which they both starred and it's called, "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." heart *sigh* My parents told me that I'm old cuz these are stuff they saw in the cine when THEY were teens! evil

xp I've been in a weird phase now ever since my teenaged years in which I love rock music and Japanese rock and pop. Right now, my fave bands are Back On (who did the opening theme song called "Chain" for Air Gear) and of course, Asian Kung Fu Generation. I also love Gackt and Hyde from L`Arc ~en~ Ciel and T.M. Revolution. surprised Also, my best friends got me interested in Taiwanese and Korean dramas, and our fave Korean band so far is DBSK heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:16 pm
Heartless-Revenge
adirtyhippy
Heartless-Revenge

No I haven't heard of them. Are they on youtube?

Yep! They have a few things on Youtube. Just look up Rasputina! My personal favorites of theirs are their covers of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, and Led Zep's Rock N' Roll. I like their original music also though, like Brand New Key and Hunter's Kiss. Awesome stuff.  

adirtyhippy

Skye River

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:53 pm
I grew up listening to metal, reggae, and hip hop when I was younger. Over time, my musical tastes has gone into various genres. Performers such as Bjork. Lily Allen, Michelle Branch, and various Japanese and Korean performers.

One unusual addition is from a female Lebanese artist named "Haifa Wehbe".  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:56 pm
I listen to just about anything...except rap, pop or country...

But music is my life source...though I can't play it for the life of me...I think I will just stick to singing...badly...*shrugs*  

Damsel_Areli

flash_75

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 pm
wwell my tastes are a little bit strange they go all the way up to dark and goth metal and then am listening to the only pop boy band I respect and thats Five also I like 60's 70's and 80's music, metal, japanese rock and pop, video gameOST's, TV shows OST's, cartoon OST's, some hip hop, and I think thats it its the most i can think of right now  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:52 pm
I listen to tons of different stuff. Beethoven to the Backstreet Boys. Mozart to Manson. J-Rock to opera and everything in between.  

Puck the Elf

Feral Nerd

17,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Mikiba

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:57 pm
I like a lot of different kinds of music. I like everything from Happy Hardcore (yay go kandi kids? xD) to classic punk such as the Dead Kennedys. I also enjoy Smooth and Classic Jazz as well. The only genres I'm not that interested in are country and rap. :]  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:40 pm
My main influences come from the many branches of rock - alternative, classic, grunge, and (some) industrial. And out of all the bands that I like, Everclear and Nine Inch Nails top my list. Yeah, I know... I got weird taste in music (if you know their style of music, you will understand why). But I do like some big band/jazz and the occasional oldies, especially from the 60s and the British invasion.

But I HATE country and rap, although I have some respect for the Man in Black. I'm still trying to figure out why he's being played on alternative rock stations these days other than he was like country rock and the fact that he did a wonderful cover of NIN's "Hurt"... Then again, I'm also seeing some old pop rock artists crossing over to the country charts at the same time. eek  

Hikarino

Music Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces