Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel Of Sol

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:08 pm
Get out as soon as you can and when he is gone. Take what you can and leave and never look back. If he comes looking for you, act like you never met him and keep it that way. He won't change and he will only think of himself. Get out before it is too late. I'll be praying for you... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:21 am
Well let me give you a bit of history on myself.
My father was a jack of all trades, He had his own business and a day job. His business was called R&J Sound and Computer systems, He did recording, supplied music equipment for musician, he was a di and and a musician himself and he did pc sales, repars and upgrades, which all together just paid the debt, expenses and kept us going. We moved just outside of our hime town to a farm when I was 10 years old, at 12 my mom stopped working because of depression and stress. Living out of town meant that if my father had a function or job to do Me and my 4 year older brother HAD to tag along, so despite school we had to stay with till early ours of the morning. As time passed we moved even further away from Town/City, 80km (49.7miles) from my school to be exsact. I missed at least 50 days of school a year because of fatigue or because of not having enough money for fuel.

So at a point of my senior year in high school I had relatively average grades and poor attendance. On April 6th 2005, My father Died of a heart attack. Our family members were generous and helped alot, so did my Fathers MANY friends, the whole thing cost us nothing and we had money to spare. So the next 4 months I lived with my bf at the time (Current ex) So that I could finish school and graduate. The bank took the only working car back because of a ******** clause in the life insurance. My mom couldn't find a job so she moved to her sister in another town 200km (124.3miles) away. My brother, became a leech on one of his girlfriends. After I wrote my last exam, I went to stay with my mom (and broke up with that bf), for the summer december holidays and my birthday.

I was planning to go to my grandmother or my fairly rich cousin in January so that I could get a job and start my life, But the I got an SMS (Ceelphone msg) on my birthday from an old friend that I had a crush on that had transfered to another school and we hit it off and he sugested that I go and stay with him for a few months before making any deffinite plans.

The day before new years We drove through back to my old home town, to live with him. Long story short, I'm still with him and I'm dependant on him.

Original_DraconicFeline

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:35 pm
I don't know which precinct you live in, but there may be a one stop center nearby you can visit. Or a church. I hate to advise anyone to visit a church, but sometimes they do have links to social services.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:10 am
First off I live in SOUTH AFRICA... You know the place thats at the tip of Africa? Secondly going to church would mean leeching off of the pity and kindness of others. Honestly If I wanted that I would go and live with my grandmother....  

Original_DraconicFeline

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:23 pm
See, that's why I was wondering what precinct you were in. Near Johannesburg? Capetown? More outreach possibilities if you're trapped.
Caught in Nyanga? Sandton? Different situation altgether, but I beleive one stop centers operate thereabouts.

Also, churches aren't all that kind. Sorry, but it may offer you an alternative if things get really bad. Churches have been known to, for instance, offer sanctuary. That's not pity so much as mercy.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:24 am
I'm in Randburg. I see what you mean... Sorry for misunderstanding..  

Original_DraconicFeline

Original_DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:08 pm
I have had a chance to talk to my bf. He has been so overprotected because he had a gf killed right in front of him and didn't want that to happen to me whom he loves even more. We discussed various things and I can honestly say there is so much that I understand now that I didn't before.

He also said that he can't "not" be overprotective, its either caring too much or not caring at all. Two extremes. I'd rather be loved too much than not at all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:06 pm
That's a self serving lie. Don't fall for it. Of course your family is a bad influence, they might just find out what a jerk he is and above all else he doesn't want that! So it's better to make them the bad guys so you won't even think of going to them.

Your bf's behavior is typical of a serial abuser. They have tons of justifications for their abusive behavior and wave a carrot of eternal love, if YOU will just go along with their behavior. After all, he has reasons. The reasons are complete BS. He's lying and he's beaten you down emotionally to the place where you believe his sh!t.

If you continue with him, your future as an occupant of a coroner's slab is in the making. He is dangerous. We are not just trying to be melodramatic. There's thousands of stories of people just like you ending up beaten to death by boyfriends who have terrific reasons/excuses for their behavior. Or perhaps you'll luck out and only recieve brain damage. Broken bones, broken teeth, internal injuries, those will soon be yours to treasure. Abusers take things in steps and he is marching right along a well worn path into beating you to a pulp. And you are marching along the same path hundreds of thousands of women around the world have tread before you.

I join the chorus. GET OUT OF THERE NOW! AND DO NOT MARRY HIM!!

Get off that path now. Being in such a situation isn't exciting. It doesn't make you some wonderful, forgiving, loved person. It just makes you a fool for staying and not getting out.

I think your grandmother is the key. You said she is over the hill and that you are a housekeeper. Why not ask if you can live with her and you will be her housekeeper for room and board? You won't be leeching off anyone. You'll be pulling your own weight.

Churches are not places that you leech off. They are places that serve. It's their job. It's pretty much the same as if someone hired you to clean their house and they clean it before you so you wouldn't have to do it because they didn't want you to think they were taking advantage of you. It's your job to do that cleaning; it's their job to help people that need help. You pay them back by offering help to the next person that needs it.

Don't believe his self serving BS. Call a member of your family and tell them your boyfriend is abusing you (he is) and that you need to get out now. If you don't want to confess that, call grandmother and ask if you can be her housekeeper until you get back on your feet and if she doesn't have a way to get you to her house, call another relative and say you want to go help with your grandmother since she's getting so old. If you have to, WALK. Even if it is a long, long way away.

We are not kidding. You are in danger and all your posts just seem justifications why you are still hanging around a dangerous animal. There is no justification. You have to leave. No more talking to him about things, leave. He doesn't deserve an explaination. Don't hook up with him again. Don't talk to him over the phone. Don't read any letters, e-mail, text messages from him, and if you do, remember, abusers promise the world then take it away from you once you are in their power.  

Etoile de la Mer

Wendy Belle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:13 am
You did not make him the way he is.
He is the way he is.
He will not change.
You can not change him.
It will get worse, not better, no matter what words he uses now.

He knows exactly which words will keep you under his thumb.
Please listen to those who have been where you are. This IS the exact path of an abuser.
Has he hit you yet?
If not, expect it to start with a single slap or punch, which he will make you believe you forced him to, followed by abject apologies and a promise that it will never happen again.
Followed by it happening again, only maybe more than one slap or punch, and even more apologies and promises, perhaps even tears as he begs you to forgive him.
Each time, he will make you believe you made him hurt you.
Each time, he will make you believe he is truly sorry, and that it will never happen again.
And each time it will get worse and worse, from bruises to broken bones, ever increasing, never decreasing.
This path only goes one way.
If you are not willing to walk out now, as so many wise people have advised, at the very least start preparing. On your next payday, open up a new bank account he knows nothing about, and put some or all of your money where he can't touch it. If you can, discreetly start carrying a backpack or larger purse with you, with a toothbrush and a few important items you would need if you had to suddenly leave. Tuck your ID, and other important papers, things you couldn't do without, in an inside zippered compartment. Start creating a state of preparedness within yourself, so that if you had to, you could just walk out with that purse or backpack and get yourself to safety.
All these people who have advised you to get out, are caring about you and want your safety and well-being.
Please take their words to heart.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 pm
Everytime I work up the resolve to leave something comes up. Like my friend's car is broken and may take months before he can help me.

~Sigh~ I'm not sure how to go about it... confused

Original_DraconicFeline

Original_DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:53 am
Me and my bf way at the begining...

User Image

Me now...

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:40 pm
You are living with a loser like that? burning_eyes

I wouldn't leave the house either. I'd be embarased that someone would recognize that I was living with him.

You can do tons better. You're a hottie. He's what people in my area call stoner-trash. He's a kid pretending man and failing miserably. Go find a real man with real man parts and a real man mentality.

Is he on drugs? Or is it alcohol?

Yeah, I'm being harsh but...are you blind! eek  

Etoile de la Mer

Original_DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:17 am
He is REALLY good in bed... redface He's just a regular smoker, not a druggie or alcoholic... sweatdrop

He isn't ugly... But then again I don't have very high standards because I go for interesting people. If someone is good looking but not interesting then its a waste of energy...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:57 pm
You say he's interesting and good in bed, but you deserve kindness, support and respect in a relationship. Anyone who truly respects and cares about you will be good in bed, because they will be more focused on you and pleasing you than on themselves.  

Wendy Belle

Etoile de la Mer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:17 am
Original_DraconicFeline
He is REALLY good in bed... redface He's just a regular smoker, not a druggie or alcoholic... sweatdrop

He isn't ugly... But then again I don't have very high standards because I go for interesting people. If someone is good looking but not interesting then its a waste of energy...

I'm coming to the conclusion that you don't want advice. You have heard our advice and each reply you give is only shows one thing. You don't want to leave him. You are giving excuses and justifications. Your last post only showed just how much you are NOT even considering leaving him. You are even justifying his actions for him.

Here it is plain and simple:

He doesn't love you.

Things won't change.

You can't make him a better person.

Your staying is placing your in danger.

You don't want to leave him.

Maybe you thought we'd start in on a "true love" and "love will change him" or maybe even "things will get better" riff. Forget it. If you want that kind of garbage, go over and post at the general forum where the kids are. Some stupid 9-14 year old will probably happily give you the pats on the head you are looking for.

Maybe it makes you feel better for us to all say that he's the one at fault and that you are such a great person.

Well, you are a great person. The problem is that you are also acting like a fool. Stay in that relationship and that is all you will be. You won't be better than him, you'll just be the stupid t**t that didn't get her a$$ away from him when she should have. YOU asked for advice and are throwing it away. You have oportunities, but you refuse to act on them. Yes, it is easy to do nothing, but nothing leads to nothing.

Stop the pity party and the justifications. You are either going to get your a$$ out of that house or you are going to spend your life with a man who thinks of you the same way other people think of their dog.

I'd crawl begging to my family to take me back or help me before I lived with that humiliation. And while you are at it, you shouldn't look down at that "loser" brother of yours. You are doing the same thing you accused him of. Or is that why you dislike him? He reminds you too much of yourself and your own situation?  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff