Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
.::The Death Penalty::. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:28 pm
I think the degree of the punishment should fit the the degree of the crime. Lets go with degrees of murder.

First off I do not think you should go to jail for accidentally killing somebody. I don't mean like your robbing someplace and the gun "accidentally" goes off. I mean if you accidentally kill someone in a car accident or your out hunting and your buddy decides to be a dumbass and put tree branches on his head and pretend to be a deer and you shoot him. The horror of having killed someone is enough punishment. Just ask my uncle who hit a crossing guard that wasn't wearing his vest. He didn't go to jail because he paid for every penny of the mans funeral and was a paul bearer. It was clear he felt sorry. He visits the man every year and brings him flowers. the same goes for self defense.

Now say you rob a convenience store and shoot the clerk or something else where you kill in order to complete another crime (not including rape) In that case you should have 5-10 years added and be rehabilitated. Repeat offence gets you life.

If you kill once and have a clear motive and intention to kill the person such as killing your cheating husband and his floozy. You should be put a rehabilitation system. Not prison. prison needs to be totally redone we need to help these people. Find out why they did what they did and help them to not do it again. If they do then end the revolving door, they don't get out. After these people have been sufficiently rehabilitated they can go out into the public.

If you kill for the sake of killing, kill a child, or are serial murder you can choose the rest of your life in solitary confinement never leaving the cell your in with only the company of the guard bringing you your food or death by lethal injection. Once you choose you cannot change your mind. Within a year of receiving the death penalty you are put down like the animal you are. I also think this goes for rapists. Rehabilitation may be possible for date rapists though I doubt it. I honestly think waaay worse things that violate the 8th amendment should be done to ***** like things I won't mention.

I also think we need to stop putting people in jail for minor crimes. People who get caught doing drugs are not criminals they are victims and should be put in rehab, not jail. I also think weed needs to be legal, there is no harm in it and there are thousands of people with a permanent mark on their record because of it. I mean it's already more illegal to sell oregano as weed that it is to sell weed. If you steal instead of going to jail you should do what this one town does be punished with humiliation. I don't remember the name of the town but if you steal you have to hold a sign outside where you stole stating what you stole from there for a certain amount of time. I also think prison should be more like Nazi work camps except not as cruel but you know living in camps, working for your bread. Shot if you run and screw warning shots.

that's my opinion anyhow.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:31 pm
Hikari No Tamashii
I would have to say no death penalty, but not because I feel it's wrong for the government to kill.

I Think that the punishment in place of the death penalty should be a life sentence(Truly life, not some set number of years) in solitary confinement with only the conveniences needed to survive.(Food, drink, toilet, bed, place to get exercise(AKA work)- no fancy game systems, tv, etc).

After 30 years, they should be able to choose death IF they are willing to donate their organs to those who need them.

But maybe I'm just a cruel person XD

ITA except I think exercise is being nice. I would say the cage door doesn't open except to kill them.  

whatagirlwants

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Hester Peche
I believe in the death penalty.

I feel it is nessicary in some situations.

Like, if someone accidentally kills another, or even in the heat of the moment they do not deserve the death penalty--they deserve psychological help.

But, if someone is a homicidal maniac and nothing can be done to help them, like therapy and they are absolutlely hopeless. They deserve the death penalty--because they could kill again.

Though if someone snaps and shoots down everyone in a bus, they don't deserve the death penalty--again pychological help.

I only believe in the death penalty as a last resort, and only if the criminal can't be reformed.

I don't thing there's enough emphasis on phychological help in the prison system--crimes can stem from things deep in the psyche. And criminals--as fellow humans--deserve help, not just locking them in a cell for 10 to 15 years.

I mostly agree. I also think if your like the columbine boys your need therapy not death or imprisonment...I can sorta associate with them. I wasn't a murderer I just wanted the pain to stop. Luckily I didn't have the resources.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:43 pm
La Petite Princess

Negative: the death penalty costs more than 10 years of housing an inn-mate

source. Do you know how cheap euthanasia is? They use the same stuff for lethal injection as they do for animals and most vets don't charge for the euthanasia itself. Also most people who get life are in in prison more than 10 years.  

whatagirlwants

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
Akarui Mizu
Lieutenant Shotgun
Hikari No Tamashii
I would have to say no death penalty, but not because I feel it's wrong for the government to kill.

I Think that the punishment in place of the death penalty should be a life sentence(Truly life, not some set number of years) in solitary confinement with only the conveniences needed to survive.(Food, drink, toilet, bed, place to get exercise(AKA work)- no fancy game systems, tv, etc).

After 30 years, they should be able to choose death IF they are willing to donate their organs to those who need them.

But maybe I'm just a cruel person XD

I think that's a good idea o3o

That's not a bad idea.......

Your vote is null simply because you can't make up your mind. Good bye.

I don't get this  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:05 pm
Doshie-Egg
I don't believe the death penalty is right. Its not just the two wrongs dont make a right thing, or even the wrong person getting killed when there not guilty thing - I think dying is too light a punishment.
I know that sounds a bit odd, but think of it like this; you kill someone and get killed yourself. Its over. But if your put in prison for the rest of your natural life, rotting away staring at the same 4 walls, all individuality and rights taken away from you, thats got to be worse. Mental pains always worse than physical pain, especially if it lasts for years on end.

Of course that all falls down when prisoners are released after 5 year...

Plus, think of the murderers family. Its not thier fault thier son or daughter did what they did. No parent should have to bury thier child, no matter what they did.

agree  

acg1313

XHarmony_The_KH_LoverX

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 pm
I'm against death penalty. Not only does everyone deserve a second chance, but isn't killing someone wrong? What would that make the legal system?  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:36 pm
i think that its wrong if we kill them r we any better...but if the person is still a danger, to himself or other, even tho hes in jail u might have to. also some criminal r uber smart and can escape. so im kind of in the middle.  

XxDiscoxDinoxX

Official Gothic Chick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:36 am
Personally, I support the death penalty. My only issue is that it should anly be used for serious offenders that are sure risks in a normal community.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 am
I very much believe that the death penalty is wrong, because (forgive me for bringing the bible into this, it's just what I think please don't be offended) it is one of the ten commandments, Thou shall not kill, this means in justice or in hate either way it is a sin. Plus I think rotting away in a jail cell for the rest of the murderer's life is way worse than being killed, but if he does get the death penalty, he is going to hell, which is basically prison for eternity, and if he goes to jail the rest of his life AND dies without being saved he goes to hell, but if he does get saved before he dies (now I do realize that some killers are mentally unstable and sometimes have the inability to be saved without someone helping them, which most likely won't happen in prison) then he will go to heaven, so any way it happens he still get's punished, but if he's sent to death then the person that is responsible for it will have to take responsibility on judgment day. Yeah I know it's a bit contradictory but it makes sense sorta, if you think about it.  

BugxNicole

Lavender x Massacre

Quotable Smoker

7,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 am
There's no reason to kill someone even if they did murder someone. That's like saying two wrongs make a right. Put him/her in jail, but there's no reason to show them what they did is correct.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:40 pm
Lightning Poet
I very much believe that the death penalty is wrong, because (forgive me for bringing the bible into this, it's just what I think please don't be offended) it is one of the ten commandments, Thou shall not kill, this means in justice or in hate either way it is a sin. Plus I think rotting away in a jail cell for the rest of the murderer's life is way worse than being killed, but if he does get the death penalty, he is going to hell, which is basically prison for eternity, and if he goes to jail the rest of his life AND dies without being saved he goes to hell, but if he does get saved before he dies (now I do realize that some killers are mentally unstable and sometimes have the inability to be saved without someone helping them, which most likely won't happen in prison) then he will go to heaven, so any way it happens he still get's punished, but if he's sent to death then the person that is responsible for it will have to take responsibility on judgment day. Yeah I know it's a bit contradictory but it makes sense sorta, if you think about it.

Actually, it's Thou shall not murder. The death penalty was in the bible. It's a legal procedure, not murder. Besides, even though the majority of the world is Christian, not everyone is.

ANYWAYS, I'm all for it. But I think that people should be tortured, then killed. Depending on the degree of murder, the torturing will be worse. But maybe I'm just evil >:3  

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

Official Gothic Chick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:46 pm
iNicoler
Lightning Poet

Actually, it's Thou shall not murder. The death penalty was in the bible. It's a legal procedure, not murder. Besides, even though the majority of the world is Christian, not everyone is.

ANYWAYS, I'm all for it. But I think that people should be tortured, then killed. Depending on the degree of murder, the torturing will be worse. But maybe I'm just evil >:3

I agree with everything you just said  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces