Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
What are your opinions on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:12 pm
alliballi52
I am your Mord Sith
I see nothing wrong with it personally. Sure I practice safe sex but if I end up getting pregnant before I wanted to I'm going to have some one falcon punch the s**t out of my stomach so hard that the fetus will sail out of my vag like a torpedo.
Yes, call me a murderer. Call me a monster. I'd rather my unborn child be dead than having to be brought into a world where its not wanted and adoption is out of the question.

Why it would have a loving family that wasn't part of a monsterous human.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded. Could you rephrase this?

Adoption only solves the problem if you don't want to take care of the child. If I'm pregnant, don't want to be pregnant, and can't, for whatever reason, wait nine months, it doesn't help me at all.

I also personally feel that it is irresponsible and selfish to bring a child into the world, and then throw it into a system that is already overcrowded and expect someone else to take care of it. Much like how you feel that it is morally wrong for you to abort a fetus, I feel that it is morally wrong for me to put a child up for adoption.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:15 am
I say that abortion should be legal but monitored. Limit the number of times that people can get an abortion. This weeds out and punishes only those who are just using abortion as birth control.  

Hikari No Tamashii

Im A Little Pea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:07 am
Hikari No Tamashii
I say that abortion should be legal but monitored. Limit the number of times that people can get an abortion. This weeds out and punishes only those who are just using abortion as birth control.
...Who does that? 0_0

Anyhow, I'm pro-choice, all the way.
I don't think a woman should give birth to a child she doesn't want (or unable) to care for. I don't think a woman who was raped should also now turn her life around (and that experience pretty much ******** your life up anyway) to care for the child of the man who assaulted her.

If someone is financially stable, and can take care of a child and has an accident, sure, it's something to consider. But we don't need more teen parents. We don't need more children growing up poor and miserable, because their parents thought they should have them even though they are 15.

I don't think it is fair to expect a teenage girl to drop out of school and have a baby because a condom broke. This happens a lot. Maybe more than you think, because it isn't something everyone talks about.
It's happened to me, it's happened to several of my best friends. I took the morning after pill, and if I didn't notice the condom broke and found out I was pregnant later, I'd get an abortion for sure.

I'm not going to change my entire life because of this. I'm going to attend university soon, I won't give up everything I have over one accident. I am an adult (with needs of course), I was cautious, but those things are not 100% safe. I should not be punished for that, and an aborted fetus at its early stage isn't much different from semen spilled into your condom. There's no difference between getting an abortion when you're one month pregnant, taking the morning after pill and, yes, even using protection. It's all the same to me.

If I choose to have children, I'd like to do that when I'm educated, married ready. As a 21 year old with a high school diploma with 800$ income I can't raise a child properly. I also don't want to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:23 am
If you ask me, there should be an age limit to abortion. If you're under a certain age, you can get abortion. BUT if you're somewhere around 17 or older, abortion should NOT be aloud. If you can carry out a pregnancy and birth, or at least a cesarian section, then you should. There are plenty of people who are willing to take care of the baby. I know that if I some how got pregnant, my mom would take care of the child so that I could go to college. The reason I say that abortion should be aloud under the age of 17 is that this would insure that any normal woman would be through puberty and fully capable of carrying a child. If you aren't at a certain age, then you're lower body probably wouldn't be built for pregnancy. Keep in mind, this is only my opinion, not to mention that I'm 14, so yeah. I'm just average little nieve kid, I only exist in your miiiiiinnnnd!! sweatdrop  

Dance Axel Dance

~LukaTheNeko~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:23 am
I don't think you can be more positive about it than you are when you claim to be 'neutral' n_n it's not like you could ever say 'Yaaay! Abortion is the way to go!' :'D
But, personally, I think there should be the possibility to abort. At any age, under all circumstances. (Although I agree with the 'time limit' of 3 months we have over here. Afterwards you can only get an abortion done if there turns out to be something extremely wrong with the fetus.) In my opinion, every women has the right to decide what happens to (and inside) her own body. And personally I attach more value to the rights of a person who is actually alive and has already lived without 'help' (like, for example, the fetus is doing. It would under a certain age not be able to survive on its own without his mother/medical help/...and with survive I do not refer the to basic care all babies need, but simply the ability to -live-).
There are many different reasons for wanting an abortion, and all should be seen in the light of the mothers' view on things. (For example, some might say that financial issues aren't that big a deal, as the gouvernment will offer support. But if the woman who requests the abortion sees this as an important matter, it should be considered a valid reason.) I don't think it will ever be an easy decision for anyone. I highly doubt it will ever be used as a form of birth control, especially the later term abortions. Appearantly those are rather painful for the woman in question, and sometimes not without risks. In my opinion, you cannot divide unwanted pregnancies into two groups, with one in which it is allowed to have an abortion and another where it's not. Every woman is equal and has the right to decide over something as important as whether or not having to be pregnant and giving birth to a child. I don't think anyone else has the right to decide for her.
I guess that makes me extremely pro-choice? :3

[Edit: personally I also don't think you can use 'adoption' as a solution. Some women, and I am one of them, do not wish to go through pregnancy. You shouldn't force that upon them, I think.]
<3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:32 am
I'm against it 100% in every single case.

You say something really self-contradictory when you write, "I see it as okay if you or the babies life is in danger." Um, the abortion ENDS the baby's life, so I don't see how abortion is a good thing if the baby's life is in danger. Hmm, dying naturally or being torn apart bit by bit? Thanks, I'd take natural and so would any baby.

The child's life is equal to the mother's life. Sometimes all efforts have been exhausted and only one of them can be saved, and in that case nature must take its course. We don't have control over everything. It is NEVER okay to destroy one person to save another person. That makes no sense because we are equal. It's one thing to let someone die in a burning building because you can't save them, but it's another thing to set the fire. We can never play God with someone's life. Aborting a child to save the mother makes no sense. When it comes to that, we can only stand back and let nature take its course and do our best to save BOTH. It makes me really angry when people put the mother's life above the child's life. Don't people realize that every mother started out as an unborn child?? They are equal. The child is not greater than the mother and the mother is not greater than the child. One is an adult and one is a child, but that does not make one more deserving of life than another. And as for me, I'd rather die any kind of death than kill my own baby.

I agree with you in everything else you say, apart from the above. Abortion is murder, pure and simple, the murder of an innocent, brand new life. It destroys the child's body, but even more importantly, it prohibits that new person from entering the world and fulfilling his or her unique purpose in life. It's like murdering a plan of God altogether.  

jiarrah

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:00 pm
I could honestly care less about what some chick does to her body.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:19 am
jiarrah
I'm against it 100% in every single case.

You say something really self-contradictory when you write, "I see it as okay if you or the babies life is in danger." Um, the abortion ENDS the baby's life, so I don't see how abortion is a good thing if the baby's life is in danger. Hmm, dying naturally or being torn apart bit by bit? Thanks, I'd take natural and so would any baby.

The child's life is equal to the mother's life. Sometimes all efforts have been exhausted and only one of them can be saved, and in that case nature must take its course. We don't have control over everything. It is NEVER okay to destroy one person to save another person. That makes no sense because we are equal. It's one thing to let someone die in a burning building because you can't save them, but it's another thing to set the fire. We can never play God with someone's life. Aborting a child to save the mother makes no sense. When it comes to that, we can only stand back and let nature take its course and do our best to save BOTH. It makes me really angry when people put the mother's life above the child's life. Don't people realize that every mother started out as an unborn child?? They are equal. The child is not greater than the mother and the mother is not greater than the child. One is an adult and one is a child, but that does not make one more deserving of life than another. And as for me, I'd rather die any kind of death than kill my own baby.

I agree with you in everything else you say, apart from the above. Abortion is murder, pure and simple, the murder of an innocent, brand new life. It destroys the child's body, but even more importantly, it prohibits that new person from entering the world and fulfilling his or her unique purpose in life. It's like murdering a plan of God altogether.

They mean when it's BORN. If it has fetal alcohol syndrome, and it's so messed up that there's not a chance that it'd make it past 3 months, would you allow it to live those 3 months in agony and twisting pain while it's inards fight to survive? If its stomach is somehow slower producing of cells, so within a year, the stomach is entirely destroyed by the acid within it, and the child is left to starve or somehow put through extreme measures that no child should really go through?

It IS okay to kill one to save another. The fetus isn't considered living till it's taken it's breath of air outside of the womb. If this woman is, say, 15, she can still produce children. If the sperm of the father was not right in some way or form, or if she uninentionally harmed the baby and its birth is considered a terribly hazard, where she's likely to DIE, maybe even WILL die if she doesn't abort, she SHOULD ABORT. If there is nothing to be done, you're willing to let someone who had a future ahead of them, but went to a party, got drunk, and got it on and got preggers die? Who didn't get to finish school die? Are you really THAT AGAINST IT? that you're going to be able to sit at a memorial in school for this young woman who could have just taken a pill/shot/whatever and lived? I feel that this was NOT thought out in the slightest. If you die and the baby is in the womb, and its too young to be born, that'd be killing it. way to go.

Not to take the miracle factor out of it at all, but a newly concieved child is only 2 cells =/ Sure, it multiplies, but at one month, a child is only this big ---> .

so no, its not murder. Sure, we shouldn't play God, but people kill each other all the time. it's the way the modern society is.  

Azusanga

captain selkie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 am
I think abortion may be the way to go. Sure, many pregnant women are of a legal age to have intercourse and have a husband, boyfriend, or just a stable lifestyle to support them, but what about underage girls who by having a baby will not be able to complete their studies at school and then will not be able to care for a baby. I think in some cases, this is the right thing to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:39 am
I'm completely against abortion but sometimes it is necessary. if a girl is under 18 or 17 and pregnant, she should consider getting an abortion, teens aren't ready to be parents yet and never can until they learn to take responsibility for what they do or are involved in. however if you are 18 you shouldn't even consider abortion. It is your fault you did what you did so( i hate to sound like a b***h but...) suck it up and take responsibility for what you did. it doesn't matter if you didn't want to get pregnant, you did. People always think" oh I don't need protection. It won't happen to me" YES IT WILL. It happens to everyone. It might be hard but you can get through, even if you need to ask for help from friends and family. But an adult should never consider killing an unborn infant because they don't want it. If you didn't want a baby then you should've used protection
I don't think that adoption can be considered as an option either. Think about it, a woman/ teen gets pregnant with a child and they don't want to keep it, but also don't want to kill it, they'll send it to a foster home or something right? But when that little baby grows up, they'll be thinking their whole lives "i'm not wanted in this wold. After all my mom didn't want me"
That's a scar you'll leave on a child their entire life. They'll be wondering why their birth mother didn't keep them, why they sent them away to live somewhere else.
I know that some do this because they couldn't afford to keep them or because they felt that they weren't ready to care for them, but it still hurts that child no matter what they're told. They will still think they are unwanted and that could damage that child's confidence. It might even make them suicidal. I know kids who are adopted and one of them used to be depressed cuz he never knew his mom and he was suicidal because kids would always tease him about being adopted.
just remember that this is just how i feel about these things. i don't expect anyone to agree with me  

Akarui Mizu

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Image_of_God_yeah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 pm
ABORTION IS MURDER!!!! I AM COMPLETELY AGAINST IT IF YOU DON'T WANT A BABY DON'T HAVE SEX IF YOU ARE RAPED HAVE IT GIVE UP FOR ADOPTION OR SOMETHING! WHEN YOU GET AN ABORTION IT IS KILLING AN UNBORN CHILD IT'S THE SAME AS KILLING A BORN CHILD NO DIFFERENCE IT'S STILL MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed stressed scream scream scream scream scream scream evil evil evil evil evil  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:05 pm
I say that it's a big fat juicy NO! The only reason that I would ever even think about abortion is if I got raped. And that's only because, I know that there would be a possibility that the baby could end up like it's daddy. And God knows that that's the last thing we need in this world right now. Another malester/rapist or whatever you wanna call it...But other than that, OPEN ADOPTION PEOPLE! I mean, there are tons of people out there that want a baby that can't have one. And you would be helping them. And I mean, yeah it would probably be the hardest thing you'll ever have to do, giving your baby up that is, but that's why you make it open adoption! Open adoption means you can see the baby whenever you want to, you can help out with the money if you want to, the 'parents' could send you pictures and write letters about how the baby's doing and stuff. The baby can still be a part of your life. The baby can still be your baby. You could have it be like the baby knew that you were the birth mother and that the peoples they live with adoptyed them but that they are still his/her parents. Abortion is not nessicary unless you get raped. My oppinion on that will not change. It's obviously a very strong oppinion. You can reply to this, you can voice your oppinion. But just like you can voice yours, I may voice mine as well. Wow I just realized how long this response was! haha  

guess beaniewatson

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:15 pm
No offense, but a lot of people who post and say NO ABORTION are either a) brainwashed by their religion or b) haven't thought about it completely.

It should be the WOMANS choice. The baby changes the WOMANS body, the WOMANS life, and she should have a choice if she wants to keep it or not. If the kid is going to be a reminder of a womans rape, and she'll hate that kid more than almost anything, why should she keep it? And why should that kid be put into a system that is already overrun with unwanted kids?

Hell, for quite awhile it's nothing more than a fertilized egg. It's like a fish egg but bigger. If that woman doesn't want it, and she doesn't want it for a good reason, then it should be her choice. Although I disagree with kids getting abortions as birth control. THAT'S NOT HOW IT ******** WORKS.

Personally if I had sex and I got knocked up before the time I'm 25, I would have someone yank that kid out of my uterus so fast. I can't support a kid emotionally or financially, and I have a plan for my life that doesn't involve kids. Me and my boyfriend wouldn't be able to go for our dreams with a kid. It would absolutely ruin our life, pretty much.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:10 pm
I am staunchly pro-choice. I do not believe that there are certain circumstances in which abortion is okay or not okay, unless you count "abortion is only okay when the woman wants one" as a circumstance. I believe it should be an option available to all women, and that we should trust her, and any unbiased counselors she may ask assistance of, to make her own decisions about her life and her body.  

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Distant Starlite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:47 pm
I completely full out disagree with abortion because it's taking an innocent person's life away throwing away everything he or she could have been. It's true that maybe she don't like the father of the baby but it's also her baby, someone to cherish. If they couldn't afford to take care of the baby give him or her up for adoption. Adoption is better then abortion.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff