Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Watchmen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:59 pm
ScarletFrost
I was actually disappointed. It was so edgy it felt like swallowing razor blades. Normally I like comic-book movies, but I guess this one hit too close to home. **shudder**

Really? I felt none of the edginess of the comic book in the film version, it just didn't question the violence or the horrible situations quite a much as I'd like. I'm going to give it a repeat viewing, obviously, but I hardly felt it was that edgy, nowhere near dark enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 am
Best movie ever! Mopped the floor with Iron Man and slightly beat The Dark Knight in my book.. I absolutely LOVED it! Rorschach was FRIGGIN' AMAZING!!!  

HylianLegacy

absolutezerocel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:11 pm
the watchmen was simply amazing, except for blue p***s every 15 minutes or so...still for this to be a comic/graphic novel adaptation it was absolutely mesmerizing, and all though it fell short in some respects...it was the best depiction of super heros i have ever seen...and Rorschach was beastin through the whole movie  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:25 pm
I thought the movie was brilliant. To me it was great to see all the edge and raw of the novel on the big screen. All the hype over the movie is what drew me to the book, and I think it didn't dissapoint. I think my favorite part was the fact that it looked exactly like the book had come to life. Especially loved how much Walter Kovacs of the movie looks exactly like the Walter Kovacs of the book.

the watchmen was simply amazing, except for blue p***s every 15 minutes or so

Oh I totally agree. Lol. My parents were cracking jokes about after the movie.  

Marie_Myself_and_I

Taylonn

Green Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:22 pm
The guy who portrayed Rorschach was amazing. The ending, "Do it!" Homanz, I teared up. So is it me or was the 10 minute love scene a little...strange? I did like it over-all. Some things were changed (of course) and the ending was different from the graphic novel but I was satisfied. The one thing that did get me though was Ozymandias' costume. Nothing like how I remembered it from the graphic novel.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:38 am
I don't understand what people's problem with a p***s is, it is entirely consistent with the character and the nudity is a strong visual metaphor for Manhattan's growing distance from humanity. There's no need to get embarassed about it.  

loIitoads

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:13 pm
I understand that it's a metaphor for his character, and I'm sure it's just us being prudes in this society, but still. Would you honestly, sit there with your parents and not be a little uncomfortable about a blue flacid p***s showing up on screen all the time? xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:33 pm
it was really awkward watching watchmen since my mom had to come with us since it's rated R. It wasn't Rorschac chopping a twisted kidnapper's head in half that was awkward to see, it was the moment on the ship thingy where a very non censored, unnecessary sex scene took place. But still, a great movie, unless you aren't the kind who's into the whole "dark side" to being a superhero. I mean, if you're expecting Ironman or Spidey-ish movie, then don't go.

*copied from my post in the other watchmen thread*  

Quack Quack Mutherducker

Quack Quack Mutherducker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:35 pm
oh yeah and the best line in a movie EVER,

I'd have to say belongs to Rorschach saying

"GIVE ME BACK MY FACE!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:50 pm
It was a great adaptation of the alledged "un-adaptable to the screen" graphic novel.
Sure, many nice things got left out, but they still gave a few winks. For instance, the music when Dr. Manhattan shows up at the Vietnam War, it's mentioned in "Under the mask" though on a different context. If you feel life it, check it out  

XHoshi_no_HikariX

loIitoads

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:41 am
sankapoo
I understand that it's a metaphor for his character, and I'm sure it's just us being prudes in this society, but still. Would you honestly, sit there with your parents and not be a little uncomfortable about a blue flacid p***s showing up on screen all the time? xd

Not really, but I'm 20, I don't know what age most people here are, I guess anyone not 'meant' to see the film because of the age certificate probably wpuld be embarrassed.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:19 pm
Lolicat von Doom
I don't understand what people's problem with a p***s is, it is entirely consistent with the character and the nudity is a strong visual metaphor for Manhattan's growing distance from humanity. There's no need to get embarassed about it.

Alright, justifying something because it's a metaphor doesn't mean anything. Say, hypothetically, in a movie some guy chops up and rapes a little kid in full view. But oh, it's a metaphor for how America's corporations treat the citizens of it's nation, or something dumb like that. Since it's a metaphor, does this give me the right to write it off as anything but completely disturbing?  

CaptainBaconMan

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:49 pm
CaptainBaconMan
Lolicat von Doom

Alright, justifying something because it's a metaphor doesn't mean anything. Say, hypothetically, in a movie some guy chops up and rapes a little kid in full view. But oh, it's a metaphor for how America's corporations treat the citizens of it's nation, or something dumb like that. Since it's a metaphor, does this give me the right to write it off as anything but completely disturbing?

For one thing, the argument is ridiculous, as nudity is not quite the 'faux pas' that rape and murder of a child is, but I do believe that if sucha thing can be done with artistic integrity, then it is fair game, yes.
However, to be disturbed or embarrassed by a little nudity is just a little immature, it's not that shocking.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:25 pm
ok please tell me there were like 5 sex scenes and no boobies but john the blue guy has his lil john hangin in the wind thru the whole movie rofl  

BlazeKingz

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:47 am
BlazeKingz
ok please tell me there were like 5 sex scenes and no boobies but john the blue guy has his lil john hangin in the wind thru the whole movie rofl

I didn't think it was a particularly little John, haha.

However, a flaccid p***s isn't exactly a sexual object.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff