Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Gah! *bangs head on table* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight the movie--What do you think about it?
  Yay
  Nay
View Results

chame0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:25 pm
So glad I live in a box and haven't seen the movie or read the book xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:02 pm
You are quite the lucky duck, if you ask me, chame0. :]  

NovelistaBug

foxtrotblues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 am
(hey, kitsune is my fursona name...no, it's not very creative, my brain is mush.)

I saw twilight with my good friend whose name is...umm...she's a cosplayer and therefore has about 1,000 different accounts on here each representing one of her characters, so i don't know what to call her. anywho...

We saw it to make fun of it- THAT'S how you should go to see twilight. Edward was duly renamed "Mr. Sparkles" (if you saw the movie you know why) and his one true love is Miss No Personality. That movie needs a Mystery Science Theater 3000 style commentary track. It would be awesome.

lol @ supersonic vampires.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:57 am
I read and watched Twilight just to see what was so fabulous about it. It wasn't the best thing in the world but it had a few interesting moments. I'd rate it as a decent fanfic but hardly a best-seller book.

The movie, at best, was slightly dull. I don't know if the city of Forks is really that dull looking, but it seriously lacked color, the whole thing would have changed very little if it was filmed in grey. I preferred Pattinson as Cedric Diggory better. His Edward looked a little Emo to me. The girl who plays Bella looks rather bitter all of the time, which you could say is her role, but I feel that even when she smiles she looks unhappy stare This kind of bothered me.

Anyways that's my rant. Summary - book is an ok read if there's nothing else to do. Movie - not something you want to pay for.  

Chosan

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

katie243

8,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:21 am
dumbest thing ever.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:33 pm
I like Twilight (the books) very much, but the film just ruined EVERYTHING that I had in my imagination sad  

VirtualDuck

TrueBlood225

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:37 am
I hated it... I was looking so forward to it and I knew it was gona be a disappointment... But I like the books better, and the mov would had been better for me if i hadn't read the books.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:27 pm
Boooo
it was very bad, hopefully next one will be better..

SorryYourWet

Dangerous Hunter

5,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Bishielurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:29 am
So I find it hilarious that Rpattz (the guy who played Edward) hated Edward, and so played him as a character who hated himself. XD

God I hate Edward so much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:01 pm
NovelistaBug
I love those icons smile

Frankly, one of the big things that sets me off from Twilight now is the SPARKLZ. What the heck. I don't even get it. Just... no... gonk

I thought the movie was better than the book though. Because they took out a lot of the fluff and stupidity, it flowed a lot better to me. Of course, then you didn't QUITE know what was happening in some scenes. Transitions weren't so great...

Overall, I wish Twilight would get buried. Sadly, I don't think it will for a while...

WOW. that made me so mad. i remember when i introduced you to the book-- 8th grade was it? you were in love with it. Just like i was. just like poli was. I recal you loving the "fluff and stupidity" because you wanted cody to be your edward in a way. dont even deny it, i was there. The SPARKLZ were always there, i hate it when people used to love it, but then once it become popular they decided it wasnt cool to lke something that every one else liked. That is crap. im tired of every one bashing twilight. your entitled to your opinion but is it really neccasarry to converse about how much you hate or love it all the time??? the AntiTwilight people are JUST LIKE the people who love it. think about it. evil

massacre mandi

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:01 am
I just find it all so funny. I mean first an overrated witch and now vamps. I guess next overgrown fad would be a werwolf or I dunno magical friendly giants?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:13 pm
Overrated.  

fromthatshow

NovelistaBug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:09 pm
No one knows what it's like to be hated
To be fated to telling only lies...

@ Mandi... woah, girl, chill it. I don't like it anymore. Is that so hard to get? I read the books, I loved them, but then I got to thinking, got to reading, and got to finding it not as enjoyable as it used to be. And as I realized what it all was, I knew I'd NEVER want a boyfriend like Edward. Stuff like that happens all the time. It's human. And I didn't stop because others started. I got sick of seeing it everywhere I turned! It got way overbearing. And I agree that avid anti's are just like avid fans. We both think our own way about a book. And we both speak how we think of a book. And please don't turn this into my fault. Don't go bashing ME for making an opinionated comment. >.>

Anyway. Bishie, I know, I found that kinda funny too. I loved reading that article where he talked about his character. xD

@Miss-Dark Oh no! werewolves have already been hit! How about Gorgons? Let's see how they can glorify Gorgons blaugh

But my dreams, they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:09 pm
Join in on the 20k's Poll Making Contest!

Sorry, Buggie, but Medusa'a already been hit as well. She was glorified as a sexy, steamy temptress that lured men to her bed and then she'd turn them into stone, after doing the dirrty deed! xD That was in "Blood Ties."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

massacre mandi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:03 pm
@ Buggie.
I was also making an opininated comment, i was not bashing you. i was trying to get my point across, sorry you took it the wrong way. it just you talk about how much you think its BLAA now but its like, you used to be one of those overly obsessed fans, i seem to remember you going to the releses party at midnight just to get a copy of breaking dawn.
Quote:
And I didn't stop because others started. I got sick of seeing it everywhere I turned! It got way overbearing.
and that is the same exact thing.... rolleyes

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games