Desirable Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:51 pm
I think it's disgusting.

You've basically just ruined your life.
Getting pregnant while having a plan for going back to school might ruin everything, since raising a child requires your attention 24/7.
Most teenagers have sex because they just can't stop and I don't blame them, but thinking they can't get pregnant without protection is just disgusting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:26 pm
I feel that anyone who doesn't want a child (teen or not) needs to use protection. But sometimes protection fails, and what's done is done. At that point I think it's the girl's choice (personally I'd abort), but if she's going to keep it she better have a really good plan for supporting it and will probably need some outside help.

The teen mothers I know are mostly alrightish... their babies aren't being neglected or anything, but a lot of them could be working harder in my opinion.
I have a good friend though who is amazing.
She got pregnant during her senior year because her birth control actually made her more fertile (she has PCOS). She finished high school, went to a semester of college, gave birth over winter break, took a semester off and started up school again in the summer. She also has been working 20-40 hours a week since finishing high school (and not s**t jobs, she works with me at NASA). She's currently a junior and will finish her chem degree with honors in two more years, all while working about 30 hours a semester. Even so, she can't completely provide for her daughter, so her parents help her out, but she pays for everything she can.

Even she agrees getting pregnant as a teen is not something anyone should aim for. s**t happens though. Keeping the baby is certainly difficult and a choice that needs to be very seriously and realistically considered, but with some help and a lot of hard work it's possible to make the best of the situation.  

Vacuum Tubes

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:59 am
In my experience, people are way too quick to pat themselves on the back for being judgmental toward pregnant girls whom they don't know beyond "well, she goes to my school, therefore I know everything about her personal life", and don't waste any time in announcing how proud they are of themselves for not ending up like them.

A friend linked an article recently that delves into how teenage pregnancy, in more cases than you may expect, is a sign of an abusive relationship.

It's really something to think about before conjuring up preconceived notions. Not accusing anyone here of doing so, this is more of a "i wish everyone in the world would pay some bloody attention" sort of thing. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:05 pm
If it happens it happens. It is something that is happening, and yeah sometimes it happens because kids are dumb, but other times it happens still when kids are smart about having sex--well there's no smart way to go about it, I just meant birth control and condoms.
And it's always a difficult decision for a couple/or just the girl to keep the baby, or get an abortion, or give it up for adoption.
And if she does keep it, it just makes her life more difficult because she had to grow up faster than her peers. And it can also heavily impact the life of the child as well...

There's no right or wrong answer for this, or even a clear cut one.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Meggie Bubble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:25 pm
Teenagers should be apsent. that is the 100% way to avoid pregnancy.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:55 am
Meggie Bubble
Teenagers should be apsent. that is the 100% way to avoid pregnancy.

Lol.
On topic:
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK IT'S COOL TO GET PREGNANT AT 16?
This girl at my old school is pregnant, and she's all like YAY IM LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING A MOM!
It's just like.. wow, you just ruined your life by not using protection. You fail.

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Seawicket

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:02 pm
Teen pregnancy, that's a hard one.

I don't agree with teenagers purposely getting pregnant.
It annoys me to no end.
There's people twice their age who can't get pregnant
and are more mentally/financially ready to have children.

But there are the situations that are uncontrolable
(rape, failed pills, broken condoms) and in those cases
you have options. I personally don't agree with abortion,
but if that's someone's choice, there's nothing you can
do to stop that. But there's adoption. And for those who
choose to keep the baby, and go to school, and work.
I give you two HUGE thumbs up.
Anyone who can handle that, is amazing.

I think that teenagers, just shouldn't be having sex.
But if you're going to do so, know the consequences.
Don't just wear a condom, take the pill. Use spermicidal lube.
Take precautions. Sex is a BIG thing.

No offense to anyone who's a teen mother.
And it might sound like I'm rambling a little.
This is just such a touchy subject.
There's always so many sides to the story, every
teen pregnancy case is different. So there's different ways of handling it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:25 pm
in my opinion teenagers who get pregnant durin their skool time deserves it. cause your suppose to be buildin up ur education for your future and you just run off and have sex that just pisses me off. they get pregnant, SO WAT? it was your fault and you chose to have sex and ur boyfriend's not gonna care about you who told you to choose this road right?  

BannedAccount8623822

Christizzle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 am
Friendshipstar
in my opinion teenagers who get pregnant durin their skool time deserves it. cause your suppose to be buildin up ur education for your future and you just run off and have sex that just pisses me off. they get pregnant, SO WAT? it was your fault and you chose to have sex and ur boyfriend's not gonna care about you who told you to choose this road right?

You don't know that girl. You don't know her situation.

People are too quick to judge, that's my view on it. If you see a young girl with a baby, you don't know how she ended up in that situation.
She could have been raped and ended up pregnant. She could have been a dumb b***h and didn't use protection while whoring herself about.
You. Never. Know.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:31 pm
Friendshipstar

No, she doesn't deserve it. Guess what? Accidents happen, don't be so quick to judge her. She may have used protection and sometimes it fails. That's why its called an accident. People are not just going to stop having sex, its a natural thing that humans do. Even if she was dumb about it and didn't use protection, she probably wasn't informed on how to prevent it. You'd be surprised how many girls aren't educated. Today, I learned in psychology that some girl thought that she could prevent getting pregnant just by drinking mountain dew.  

Matron Mord Sith

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:31 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Friendshipstar

No, she doesn't deserve it. Guess what? Accidents happen, don't be so quick to judge her. She may have used protection and sometimes it fails. That's why its called an accident. People are not just going to stop having sex, its a natural thing that humans do. Even if she was dumb about it and didn't use protection, she probably wasn't informed on how to prevent it. You'd be surprised how many girls aren't educated. Today, I learned in psychology that some girl thought that she could prevent getting pregnant just by drinking mountain dew.

WTF? Mountain Dew? O_O  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 pm
Rei Uchikino
I am your Mord Sith
Friendshipstar

WTF? Mountain Dew? O_O

That's new....and just wait until the Breaking Dawn movie comes out....girls will be getting pregnant everywhere...just like the Jamie Spears thing...

City Pop Barbie

Fashionable Star

supersailorpeach

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:56 pm
I'm so against teenage pregnancy. I wonder why teens even think sex is fun, honestly. It's just my opinion anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:14 pm
Rei Uchikino
I am your Mord Sith
Friendshipstar

WTF? Mountain Dew? O_O

I know right?  

Matron Mord Sith

Christizzle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:37 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Friendshipstar

Wow, that's stupid.
Everyone knows Dr. Pepper works way better.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff