Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
How did you know? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reveladom

Omnipresent Loiterer

15,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:05 pm
There's no such cat in the metropolis, who holds all the pieces in monopoly,

Hmm, it's hard to put even an approximation to the question. I really started into it when I was about seven or eight. I'm not sure. I just remember staying the night at my best friend's house and talking. I remember, asking him "have you thought about liking boys?" Of course he looked at me like I was crazy, I think, but then thought about it. After that my memory get's garbled. I remember calling a few mini-make out sessions "practice" (grouping included, which, I know, eight or nine is a little too young for all of that) *scoff/laugh* It was all we ever did when we hung out, up until I was ten or eleven

Of course he "grew" out of it and started really getting into girls. Hard for me to accept at first, but I moved on to a very brief bisexual stage, and now I'm gay. Have been since I was 13.

for performing surprising illusions, and creating eccentric confusion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:37 pm
For me I just knew I was bi. Since I was a child I was attracted to both males and females.

Right now I'm actually more confused though about my sexuality then I've ever been and I'm about to turn 20. Right now I'm realizing I don't want to date men. Though I'm very sexually attracted to them, I feel like I'm settling when I date men.  

Pink Plaid

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500

Reik8

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:54 am
Somehow I knew it since ever. I always felt a little bit different and I always wished to be a boy. Since ever. The very first time my mom said to me that I'm a girl I got all aggressive and screamed at her that I was not. But she didn't feel anything about it and didn't take it seriously. So I lived on, always best friends with guys because I kinda was scared of the girls. I don't know why xD Even in primary school they only were interested in such things like dresses and it was all weird to me. I couldn't understand them. Even when I tried to.
I always was proud of it when somebody thought that I was a boy. And the first time I told it to someone was in fifth grade. To my best friend. I don't think that she really got it at that time but she still remembers and accepts me. In fifth grade I hated it that I got breasts and tried to hide them but, as you can think, without great success. I started to ask myself what was wrong with me and if my friends were thinking the same. But they weren't. My best friend sometimes talked to me about my wish and said that I would feel better when I talk about it. I did but it didn't make it better. Then my mom became suspicious as I told her that I didn't want to be a girl. She asked me if I rather would like to be a boy. I was in 6th grade and I felt kind of ashamed and was scared how my mom would react, so I only said: ,,I don't want to become a woman, I want to be nothing." Until now nothing changed about this wish and I have to have courage to tell it my mom because I don't wanna live like that anymore. I'm feeling torn up. And I hope she'll understand me and will support me no matter what. Then I'll see how it'll go (in school and so on). I hope this all will end good ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:41 pm
Last year(9th grade), I started realizing I was bi. I felt an attraction to guys, but I also started noticing girls also. Now that I think about it, there was a time in 7th grade, when I practically stared at this girls nipples. But, honestly I'd rather be with a girl than with a boy, so maybe I'm a bit confused(but then maybe not: guys can be such asses exclaim ). People always judge. It's a habit. So when I judged a girl I automatically looked at her bottom(I have no idea why), and thought, wow, how...pretty.  

Harmony8910

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50

Destructive-Kiwi

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:08 pm
I didn't really know until I started liking a girl when I was in 8th grade, she was a sister of friend but she was the first lesbian I had ever been friends with. She was always there and then when I was a freshman in high school, she was a Senior.

((For the sake of the story I'll call her Lala))

I would always tease her about being a senior (how my 2010 Class was better then 2007) and even when she graduated I would think about her from time to time. Now we got back in touch and we're taking it really slow.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:55 pm
I didn't want to be bi. I freaked out. I thought no one would like me anymore. So I denied my feelings. For some strange reason it actually started with Demi Lovato...don't ask really. I would joke around saying I liked her and my friends would laugh but I guess I really did "like" her. And right now I finally admitted it and so did my best friend!  

Spider-Man_Alex

Friendly Friend

BluMommy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 pm
Well i knew back when i was 6 when i would sneek away with a friend when i was little and kiss cause we saw our parents do it, She and i would always kiss when we played and always behide a tree x.O i know pretty young lol. But then i moved and yeah. lol.
But i always liked guys alot and tried to burn the memory in the back of my brain. x.x
I really didn't want to be bi myself. But in 7th grade i started to really like girls as much as guys and came out to my friends. [not my parents yet x.x] My friends took it well. lol.
But ever since then i have dated more girls then guys even though i like guys more. x.O;
idek..
Oh well lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:27 pm
I didn't know until I was 12, and I tried to deny it. Not because I wanted to be straight, but because I wanted nothing to do with romance of any kind.  

Captain Jailbait

sarah moonpaw

3,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:12 am
well, around 10 years old, (not joking) i started to notice when the other boys would talk about how hot some actress was, the first thoughts i got were of...well. an anime guy, matt from digimon season one, i use to wonder, "how would he look nude?" then it flaired out around 13, when that always happy time for any guy, gay or straight, (joke) know as puberty rolled around, and i started have more than thoughts about some of my favorite hotty hot hotties from tv, like guys from power rangers, and men that could be cool and hold their own in combat.

but it wasn't till 15 that i accepted it, and finally admitted i was gay, got a bf and was happy for a while...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm
Hmm...How to say it... For as long as I remember, I never really noticed a difference between liking girls and liking boys. Whenever someone would ask who I like, i'd just say "Guys are hot and girls are sexy!" I didnt know what bi or lesbian meant at the time, I barely even heard them before. At about grade 10(was 15 at the time), I noticed everyone more (yay hormones!) I had a couple boyfriends during that year, but never felt happy with either of them. Both ended on unhappy terms..

After that, I started to get a crush on a friend, who I knew was straight. I kept thinking "Oh i'm just lonely or something, it'll pass". The crush passed, but the attraction to women didnt. Thats when I started looking around, quietly figure things out. One day, it just sort of clicked that I was gay, and it was a very comfortable realization!

I'm now somewhat out of the closet, to close friends and some family members. Some still dont know and they do ask "When are you going to get a boyfriend?" so its a little tough, but things are getting better and better everyday.  

Gijett

Phantom_Daisuke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:54 pm
i think i always had interest in guys ever since when i was lil, not kids tho -__- no haha XD. but i didnt kno wat it was so it didnt get to me. maybe not until 3 years ago, then i kinda question myself that i might really like guys (not my fault D: therse this guy at my school that i liked n he always flirts with me D: how am i suppose to not enjoy that haha XD) ya so by questioning i was lieing to myself saying no i like girls n such n such n such. Then a year ago i think i finallly accepted that i like guys smile . i came out saying i was bi but i think now im more interested in guys n dont really put girls on my mind anymore XD so maybe im gay now? haha  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 am
I honestly didn't realize it till early this year.
There was this girl, Kyo, and I found it that I couldn't stop looking at her or thinking about her. The very first person I told was my friend Skittles. (no, that's not her real name.)
Skittles is bi as well, so she was having an extremely girly moment and awwing and stuff.  

Pink Freudian

RainyxDay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:48 am
Hmm... Let see where to begin...
When i was a little girl, i cant remember what age, but i had this friend who i was best friends with. I remember having an attraction to her but not really knowing why or what it was. She moved away or something i cant really remember. but i know i liked her. I always seemed to like girls but always went after the boys. When i was in, i think, second grade, i had befreinded this girl. She was beautiful and one of my best friends till the sixth grade. Again it was one of those things where i liked her but i didnt know. I alwyas wanted to be around her and she was amazing. But then i moved this time and we lost conact. i never really thought of being a lesbian or bisexual till i hit the eighth grade. I came out to my friends as bisexual but i never really took action in it. So i kinds just went with the flow. I had a few boyfriends after that, until my senior year. I met the most wonderful girl cause of my freind. I knew she was a lesbian but i didnt know it myself. I was dating this guy when i frist met her. But right away i knew meeting her was fate. I fell madly in love with her. And i realized, i was never attracted to men. I mean i was but this person made me look at life differently. She changed it. And i dont regret any of it. I finally found myself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:44 am
Well ((I'm Lesbian BTW)) I found out when I lived in Texas. A girl I met there stole my heart away and I never told her I only told her after I moved back to London. But ever since then I never really fell for any boys. Like sure theres a cute one over there and another over there but I always fall for girls.  

iiToxic_Raveii

MinkyMoonStar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:01 am
I've always been a very loving and understanding person. I never really judged someone based on their gender, and growing up, my mom (who got divorced when I was about 5 or 6) was always working to take care of her then-four kids(now she has 5. X3) so I pretty much had only myself to look up to. And my mom is a big supporter of "don't judge someone before you get to know them." So I guess being bi came from that? But I didn't realize it until middle school when I started thinking about what it would be like to date my friend. Then I realized that I liked girls, as well as guys. I consider that a positive defining point in my life. ^^  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff