Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Its time for "Reviews of movies i rented" (my opinions) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i keep doing this?
  Yes
  Nah
View Results

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:02 pm
Sure, sounds like a deal. I can review that one.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:17 pm
"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (no spoilers ill try my best)

An independent film starring Jim carry "enough said?" Nope, and no hes not playing a funny quirky guy who looks loike he has ADHD. This is a drama/romance movie..ish.

The story is of a man who while in the middle of the night gets his mind tampered with by scientists who dont really care for their professon and would rather make out in the victims house then to focus on the task at hand. Now it does the affect of you dont know the time frame untill the end of the movie.

Scenes will switch around and effects will happen as this mans mind is wiped out. Why? Because of love, awwww. i know your asking yourself why well rent and watch the movie. It is nicely done. For some reason it reminded me of "Big Fish" (ill review that later)

The trippy graphics continue as the mind gets erased and tampered with...does it end well? yes why should i rent it? good story, great casting, nice graphics...a 5/5  

Saintsage777

The McNinja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:47 pm
hehe my bro had to watch that for his psyche class so also rent if you feel like learning about the human mind!

sorry for intruding and back to the reviewing now =]  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:15 pm
(hey feel free to always comment)  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:04 pm
(comming soon a 2 PART REVIEW)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:43 am
its time for "Kill Bill part 1" One of the BEST action movies that i have seen. In this 2 part movie review ill give my opinion on both Kill bill Vids. feel free to comment or give your own reviews.

Uma Therman gives one of her best performances in this movie. "The Bride" was her name, she was a woman who died....yet shes back with a sleek katana to get revenge on those who killed her, ruined her wedding, and even killed Samuel L. Jackson, (that parts in the second movie though)

The music in this is great it sets the mood perfectly, the intro in classic black and white like its a cowboy movie. (exept shes just driving a car in it announcing basically the plot of the movie)

Shes gonna kill many people to get to one man....Bill (thus kill bill) she faces a woman who has a kid, Lucy Lu and her mafia, a gunslinger man who works at a strip club, a woman with an eyepatch, and Bill (am i missing someone that she has to kill? i think thats it)

There will be blood in this (more blood then in "there will be blood") if you want action, a good plot, fighting, women fighting eachother, good music, or is just a fan of QUENTON TARRENTINO (i think i spelt his name wrong) (damn typos) i reccomend this movie, part 1 a 5/5 PART 2 is next  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:27 pm
(ill post PART 2 after a certain someone posts their review of grave of the fireflys)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:43 pm
(the Kill bill part 2 review will come after my friend upholds his part and does a review...untill then let me review another BAD MOVIE...yay)

THE WATCHMEN....nah i havent seen it lol

Twilight...i will eventually oh how i want to tear this movie apart..but i havent seen it..although i can guess what it is.

"The Haunting" there we go.... Released during the time where haunted movies was big "House on haunted hill the remake" was another one...there were more but i cant remember.The story is of a haunted mansion and yes Scary Movie 2 was mainly based off of this movie.

A college professor wants some students to enter a haunted mansion or something. So they go, eh with my college if this was for extra credit most likely ill go to a freaking haunted mansion too. Now this movie us under horror but its not scary. The teens get scared in the house as the main female character resembles the wife of the haunting ghost.

What happens next is pure comedy.....not really, if everyone getting scared and find out the story of the place. stretched for like..an hour 45 minutes....fun. then the girl using herself as an advantadge, to get rid of the ghost leave the mansion. the end....well not everyone leaves, now usually in a horror movie theres a limit of 3-6 deaths give or take the story...in this movie theres 1 death at least 1 i can remember....a guy shoves his head into a chimney as some statue pengalem comes out knocking his head of...thats it death wise.

soo to sum it up, 1 death, a bland storyline. not good graphics, acting medum (its a horror movie what do u expect) ehhh a 2/5 i would give this a 1/5 but the one guys death was a bit pleasing soo yeah  

Saintsage777

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 pm
Grave of the Fireflies (198 cool is Isao Takahata's masterpiece, and one of Studio Ghibli's best releases. It follows the lives of two children, a brother and sister named Seita and Setsuko, who are victims of a war ravaged Japan. The movie is set during World War II, and even for an animated film, it doesn't wimp out on the violence. However, the film doesn't focus on violence; it focuses on the plight of the two children, who are left practically without family (there is one distant relative, but she cheats the children out of many of their possessions).

The way Takahata juxtapositions the happy, almost carefree lifestyle of the children -- even when they know they could be just minutes away from death -- against the backdrop of war is chilling and heartbreaking. As an audience, we hope that these two children will make it out alive. We become so close to these characters, that we almost want Japan to win the war, just so they will have food to eat and a place to stay. But Takahata bypasses the storybook endings that many other animated films would have taken, and sets up an ending that is inevitable, yet still surprising enough that it pulls at the heartstrings. The film is carefully constructed to lead up to this single moment at the end of the film (which I will not divulge for fear that it would ruin it), yet it still flows smoothly and effortlessly.

Overall, Isao Takahata's Grave of the Fireflies is a superb animated film. The voice actors for both the English and Japanese cast are peerless in their grasp of the struggles of wartime, and Takahata's script, based on a novel by Akiyuki Nosaka is nearly flawless. The one quibble I do have is that the frame narrative set up at the beginning of the story and the intermittent appearance of a certain apparition seem almost pointless -- I say almost only because I'm certain the original intent was to probably keep the viewer at a distance from the narrative at hand. However, this didn't really do its job, and only after repeated viewings did I even understand that there was an extra, more fantastical layer to the film, which I still found unnecessary. Even after that, Takahata has still crafted a great film which will stand tall beside the rest of the pantheon of great war films.

(Oh, and if I have to give this film a star rating [which I hate doing] I suppose I would give it a 4/4. It's not perfect by any means, but giving it a rating any lower seems like I'm robbing the film of something.)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:48 am
Grave of thew fireflys i say a 5/5 if it doesnt make you cry youll bawl up inside its sad but nicely rendered.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:51 am
User Image(soon when im done with college class..kill bill volume 2)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:14 pm
(alright enough stalling)

Kill bill Part 2. The second hals/conclusion of the 2 Kill bill movies. As our character "The Bride" continues her hunt for vengeance, her past is shown of how she gets her kickass katana, how she learned her fighting styles. and her relationship with bill....and samuel L. Jackson dies T.T towards the end, well a shock comes in the end, someone dies, music plays, and the credits roll.....

im not gonns spoil this movie but this gets a 5/5 its action packed, it has a great story, nice twist at the end, its filming was good, music was good, the bloodwas good.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:32 pm
another review soon if u have any suggestions for something for me to review do post it  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:07 pm
Saintsage777
and now for your feature presentation another rental review.....

(alfred hitchcock music) -fades into the sillohete- -light turn on- "Good eeeevening, today i present to you folks another movie that i rented, its a movie that I....didnt like...go figure"

"No Country for Old Men" its supposed to be adapted from the book but im just reviewing the movie The casting is good, the movie was a bit stretched out but it somehow kept u from leaving during those scenes. The villan was good, the story was interesting...now ur wondering why im saying its a bad movie when it seems pretty good...well..it is...3/4ths of the way through

about after That blond cowboy gets shot (i forget the actors name he was from Natural Born Killers) after he gets s**t it went to s**t...yes spoilers..ish are in here...

the last 14th of the movie or so...the main character dies...by some mexicans...and thats no to view of if the mexicans die (in the movie they should) or get caught (no im saying the mexican characters in the movie who manipulated a family to kill innocent peoplke and take some drug money those mexicans..in that movie...should die... just so i dont seem racist to all of those politicly incorect people out there) lets see, the love interest dies, and the villan lives...but but it doesnt end there...as the final scene the sherrif (played by Tommy Lee Jones) goes in this boring talk with someone...and cue the credits

im sure someone will say "its a masterpiece" or something and its interesting character delelopment but that last 1/4th of the movie just ruined it everything else was good but then it went downhill...soo, yeah thats my review of that movie

I agree entirely with you about No Country For Old Men. It was different, slow, but still interesting, but it completely lost me near the end.  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:52 pm
Yeah towards the end it just lost it  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers