Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Most Baffling Film You've Ever Seen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 am
Saint Kimo
[Hollow Point]
That's why Dee Snider's Strangeland was so effective. It was made when the internet was first gaining momentum, it was relatively new and scary. The fact that a psycho killer could use this to his advantage and lure younglings to him is incredibly scary, especially if you put it in the time frame that it was supposed to be viewed.

I want to see A Scanner Darkly for 2 reasons:
1) I'm excited about the vector art, that is superbly done
2) It's cyberpunk

I agree with you as far as the internet part but the movie just came off being preachy when it came to dee sniders character. Pain blah blah finding yourself blah blah. I don't think this movie was baffling at all just bullshit.
I never said it was baffling. I was using it as example in reply to Jadera's comment about real life being scarier.

You can't really just put it down as "too preachy" either. You have to look at the character as a whole. His pseudo-philosophical ideals were self-righteous as well as incredibly frightening when put into context. It showed that he was incredibly strong, he was insane on many levels, he was intelligent and tactful, and finally he had no remorse whatsoever.

Put into context, I think that his "preachy-ness" just added another facet onto an already multifaceted character.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 am
[Hollow Point]
Saint Kimo
[Hollow Point]
That's why Dee Snider's Strangeland was so effective. It was made when the internet was first gaining momentum, it was relatively new and scary. The fact that a psycho killer could use this to his advantage and lure younglings to him is incredibly scary, especially if you put it in the time frame that it was supposed to be viewed.

I want to see A Scanner Darkly for 2 reasons:
1) I'm excited about the vector art, that is superbly done
2) It's cyberpunk

I agree with you as far as the internet part but the movie just came off being preachy when it came to dee sniders character. Pain blah blah finding yourself blah blah. I don't think this movie was baffling at all just bullshit.
I never said it was baffling. I was using it as example in reply to Jadera's comment about real life being scarier.

You can't really just put it down as "too preachy" either. You have to look at the character as a whole. His pseudo-philosophical ideals were self-righteous as well as incredibly frightening when put into context. It showed that he was incredibly strong, he was insane on many levels, he was intelligent and tactful, and finally he had no remorse whatsoever.

Put into context, I think that his "preachy-ness" just added another facet onto an already multifaceted character.

I stand corrected sir. My hats off to you.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:45 am
Rumpleteazer24
I never could figure out the Fountain. That is one of, if not the most baffling movie I have ever seen.

I adore the Fountain. Further proof that Aronofsky is the greatest director cinema has had for a long, long while.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
        The Fountain... it messed with my head and I have all these different theories about what is going on.

Herself Online

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:17 pm
I'd have to say Pay It Forward. It was really the ending, I mean, Jesus. What the hell were they thinking?! They had an amazing movie with a great message, and then BAM! They hit you with....(The ending) Killing the boy at the end. Who kills of the main character? Who kills off a child!? What was the point? highlight to see what I'm talking about, I didn't want to spoil the ending for those who haven't seen it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:47 pm
Sankapoo, your point is so wrong.
That was a perfect ending that illustrated his selflessness and also illustrated for the audience exactly how far reaching the idea of paying something forward had. It also illustrated clearly the tragedy in many inner city schools.  

[Hollow Point]

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:29 pm
Hey now, All that was asked was, What movies baffled you. I answered. I see your point, But I still to this day find the movie baffling, I mean they could have just stabbed the kid, and not have him die you know.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:24 pm
Peache5
Idiocracy was the weirdest movie i have every seen...it was the most pointless movie ever!

I don't think it is so far fetched. The way the world is going today, it may not be too long before we are living the movie Idiocracy! Sad, but true!

A couple of movies that left me baffled were Green Card and Pay it Forward. In Green Card, did she go to live with him in France or did he get to come back to America? They obviously had fallen in love and planned on staying married, but geez, they could have elaborated! And Pay it Forward, why did it have to end so sadly? There was no point in killing the kid!  

Atomic Pixie7

CandycaneRockstAr

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 am
The dead girl with Britnney Murphy..very baffling indeed, the whole time your watching you think it leads up to this big climax... but then it just ends..  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:20 pm
I wouldn't say that these films baffled me, but they were like a complete mind f - - - -! lol

*Memento
*Fight Club

Memento is presented with the scenes out of order and the plot is just incredible!

Fight Club is really metaphorical. I love it. heart  

MrsLovett30

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:57 pm
Atomic Pixie7
And Pay it Forward, why did it have to end so sadly? There was no point in killing the kid!

There was a point. His death was absolutely perfect. Here was a kid, no more than 12 years old, who wanted to make a difference. He saw a problem and he wanted to fix it. And he succeeds. His death was inevitable the moment the Pay it Forward succeeded. Why? Because the film attempts to depict an unforgiving society changed. However, it doesn't attempt to present a world that is perfect; in a perfect world, the kid would have lived happily ever after. The death of the kid, and the subsequent vigil work together to show that no matter how hard you try to stop the change, once it occurs, it cannot be stopped.

In short, the death of the kid (whose name obviously escapes me) adds more hope to the film than his life. He becomes a sort of martyr, which gives the audience more hope and and greater emotional connection to the film's message.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:35 am
was any one seen alice sweet alice i never seen it but i heard it's really grotesque and it plays with your head is it true  

Atheist Guy

oldtillyshifted

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:42 am
SweeneyTodd30
I wouldn't say that these films baffled me, but they were like a complete mind f - - - -! lol

*Memento
*Fight Club

Memento is presented with the scenes out of order and the plot is just incredible!

i hated memento my husbands loves it

we both love fight club thats a great movie weve watched it so many times and still dont get sick of it.

the only movie i was baffled by was southland taled till the end then i thought it was just stupid..  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:59 pm
Silly Tilly
SweeneyTodd30

*Memento
*Fight Club

i hated memento my husbands loves it

we both love fight club thats a great movie weve watched it so many times and still dont get sick of it.

the only movie i was baffled by was southland taled till the end then i thought it was just stupid..

Aww really? crying I think it is a really good film... what did you not like about it?  

MrsLovett30

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces