What are your thoughts about my situation? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm
Slumbering Princess
I agree with everything ThisEmptySoul said. I would have never known any of the information I commented on if you hadn't told me. And reading through my posts. I don't think I ever one said "so what else does he do?". So it got derailed once you started bringing up other things he does. In the end you are both young and you clash quite a bite. Just communicate is the last thing I will say. Good luck to you
both.

Whoa, I missed a lot.

Goodness. Otia, I will only ask once, but have you heard of co-dependency? It's defined as an emotional disorder and you seem to be a textbook case of it. Although you do not really NEED a relationship to be happy, you do NEED communication and socialization with someone like friends you may have.

Honestly, I think that both of you need a break, not a break-up, but a break to get both your lives in order. THEN, if you see fit, get back together. Neither of you is going to benefit by clinging to something that may not be there anymore. You won't know that you won't survive unless you actually try.

To deal with him being flirty is rather simple: put up with it or don't. It's your call.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:41 am
I was going to try and advise on this situation, but seeing as actual advise is unwanted I'll have to pass. I fail as a yes-man and telling people what they want to hear rather then need.

I also realize that those in abusive relationships aren't going to see them that way from other people pointing it out. You have to come to that on your own. Until you allow yourself to see your situation for what it is, nothing I say is going to matter or change it. You'll deny it, defend him, and twist things so that you're at fault.

So all I will say is this: Control is not love. Nor is disrespect.  

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Otia

Beloved Streaker

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:05 pm
Thanks for your advise, guys. I know you only responded to what I added.
(I didn't mean to add that much, though. People DO love to talk about themselves... I just got... Carried away. sweatdrop )

@Demon_Patron_of_Healing: Actually, that's kind of what we're doing right now. I'm not going back until I come up with something that pleases him with our situation. I believe that will consist of me getting the truck, a job, and into College. We'll see. I'd like to do all of those within the next week or so. Even if I have to get a job in Sterling heights and stay out there until we're supposed to move in. We'll see, though. I'm going to do this, and when I do, things will work out smoothly.

Also, with the flirting thing, I don't care at all right now. I'm not going to worry about that. F-STAR-ck it.

EDIT:@Pirate: Sorry to for being so random, but I love your avatar. <3  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces