Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Alice in Tim Burtonland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tim and Alice....good idea?
  YES (I love them both!)
  YES (But I think it will bomb)
  NO (Tim Burton is evil!)
  NO (Alice in wonderland is evil!)
  NO (I am a troubled mind and hate them both)
  I don't know
  What the heck are you talking about?
  I don't care...leave me alone
View Results

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:19 pm
[Hollow Point]
Rishon
Tim Burton is a ******** sellout! and after this everyone at every highschool across america is going to go ape s**t over alice. Not only that but when the American McGee's Alice movie comes out all the people i hate are going to like it. and if it gets Twilight success, i will kill someone
That's a bit extreme. I'm with Chris on this one.
Man, I used to rent Mars Attacks! every time we went to the video store when I was small.

Same here. I think I must have seen it at least 10 times before I was even 13.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:37 pm
...is this the one with Kate Beckinsale? Or am I thinking of a completely different movie??

I'm curious to see this..I'm not sure if this will turn out awesome or awesomely bad. I can already imagine so many ways it could be fantastic.. and so many ways it could go wrong.  

JuilianFai

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:36 pm
I'm curious to see if it comes out to be more disturbing than Jan Svankmajer's adaptaion of Alice.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:12 am
Lolicat von Doom
[Hollow Point]
Rishon
Tim Burton is a ******** sellout! and after this everyone at every highschool across america is going to go ape s**t over alice. Not only that but when the American McGee's Alice movie comes out all the people i hate are going to like it. and if it gets Twilight success, i will kill someone
Man, I used to rent Mars Attacks! every time we went to the video store when I was small.

Ahh, exploding heads and Pierce Brosnan's head on a poodle. The kid from Northern Exposure was in that one, right?  

Jadera1700

Rumpleteazer24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm
On a different note, I hear that Anne Hathaway is going to play the White Queen.

I am personally looking forward to this movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:48 pm
Rumpleteazer24
On a different note, I hear that Anne Hathaway is going to play the White Queen.

Anne Hatheway huh? Am going to have to sit down and think about that for a while....

Kinda figured you for an Alice fan. The Cheshire cat on your avie's head kinda clued me in.  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:40 am
Bonniebluejeans
Rumpleteazer24

Anne Hatheway huh? Am going to have to sit down and think about that for a while....

Kinda figured you for an Alice fan. The Cheshire cat on your avie's head kinda clued me in.
A poorly thought out item on your avatar doesn't denote that you're a fan. I'm about as big a fan as you'll ever meet, and I sold mine because it's a poorly put together item.

Srsly. Gaia is getting lazy.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:12 pm
Hmm. That said, would you wear a cheshire cat (or something that looks like one) on your head if you weren't a fan? I dunno if Gaia is getting lazy or not. I've only been on about three weeks as is likely obvious from my very sparse avi.  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:26 pm
Yes.
If it were a nice item, yes. Trust me, honey, I've been here since '03. Back in the day when the items were really cool (I remember when a guitar of demonia was 20k! Even then it was super expensive, it was a lot harder to get gold back then), and when the games were cool, and when the site wasn't that big.

I mean, it's like having the Keyblade item. It's a cool item, you don't neccessarily have to be a Kingdom Hearts fan to equip it, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:44 am
Jadera1700
Lolicat von Doom
[Hollow Point]
Rishon

Ahh, exploding heads and Pierce Brosnan's head on a poodle. The kid from Northern Exposure was in that one, right?

I couldn't tell you, but I know there's a young Natalie Portman...  

loIitoads

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:53 pm
I love Tim Burtons work. I also like Alice in Wonderland. I don't think we could ever get enough alice in wonderland remakes and not to mention stories that have used AW as a story structure. Is the new one gonna be animated or live action? BTW I have not looked for anything on this film so I'm completely in the dark.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:56 pm
It's live action.  

[Hollow Point]

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:54 pm
Lolicat von Doom
I don't see how Alice in Wonderland needs anymore dark twists, considering the story itself is rather dark to begin with. I wish that Depp would take more serious roles though, I hate the roles he takes with Burton, and the PotC one slightly less. The man is a great actor, but he goes for rubbish roles that have 14-year old goth girls swooning over him.

you forgot some creepy goth guys too!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:47 pm
can be good  

velorie

Beloved Lunatic

27,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:40 pm
This site had some pics of alice and stuff from the set:

http://infdaily.fusebox.com/2008/09/our-first-look-at-tim-burtons-alice-in-wonderland.html  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff