How young is too yong ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ambient Blue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 pm
Entei-Chan
I'm 13 and I wear it regularly. I'm kinda used to make-up, though, because I've been a dancer since I was four.

My cousins' nine-year-old neighbore wears make-up, so twelve isn't too young. Just tell her not to go over-board.

Five for me lol, I had always hated getting the caked foundation and crap off of my face after a recital.. ANYWAYS, as long as she is not going over-the-top with make up I think she would be fine. For being twelve, I would suggest (If she likes wearing make up) some bronze eyeliner (black looks too heavy), some mascara, lip gloss, and a light powder foundation. Just keep it simple smile .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:24 pm
lol. I started at 7. I'd steal into my mom's makeup and recreate bruises and stuff for our fighter games. xD (Now I'm really good at 'special effects makeup' BUT I'm getting off topic.)

I'd say give her a small eyeshadow palette and a nice lipgloss.  

Unusual Inescapable Me

XxFlutterby_HeavenxX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:46 pm
im 11 but i wear lip gloss, and a tincy bit of eyeshadow and sometimes mascara on special occasions make sure she doesn't go overboard I only wear it on Sundays to church then I wash it off so it 's only on for about 5 to 6 hours  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:17 am
dude, I wear makeup, I'm nearly 13!!!!!! Just it depends on if your parents think your ready. That's what my mom says. And what's up with you in your sister's business?? But well, you guys are sisters and should whatch out with each other.  

iLUVuLOLI-kun

lhomg72

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:23 pm
I started make up at age 10.. so im guessing that it is fine..  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:32 am
I think a full face of make up would be a bit much.
Maybe like a foundation stick to cover up blemishes, lip gloss, maybe a clear mascara. That should be plenty for everyday wear.  

She-Claimed-War

Cascantelee

Desirable Gekko

9,915 Points
  • Married 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:07 am
At 13, I started wearing coverup (really bad acne). I'm almost 15 now and the only thing I wear is light eye liner, mascara and coverup. But you might want to teach her how to wear eye-liner if she does, because some 5th graders wear some seriously thick eyeliner and eye shadow.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 am
If she wears mascara to school that's too much. But I wear cover-up and some lip gloss to school. But my 14 year old sis, she wore too much. She looked like this:
Picture a 14 year old girl (very tall), with very pale skin. She has brown eyes and black-looking hair (But her hair is really dark brown). Around her eyes she has blue eyeliner on, and blue and red eyeshadow. She also has red swirls around her eyes.

She how freaky she was? She used to be like that, but now she doesn't wear any makeup and now she's 15. ^_^  

wintus

Gitterish generated a random number between 24 and 45 ... 41!

Gitterish

3,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 pm
i did 10 for special things or parties,
i didnt go heavy just a little shimmer  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:56 am
It depends on her reason for wanting to wear it. If it's just because the other girls are wearing it then it's probably time for the "peer pressure/be your own woman" talk. If she just wants to feel pretty then it's fine as long as you monitor her to make sure she doesn't go overboard and look like a hoe.  

Ellen Roth

In Living Colour

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:57 pm
I started wearing makeup at 12 but not regularly. I don't even wear it regularly now.

it depends on what stuff she is wearing though. If she is just using mascara and a bit of eyeliner, no one would really notice that much.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:18 am
i wasnt aloud to ware make up or dye my hair untill i was 13 and even then i couldent ware the dark stuff till i was 15  

Ofelia1802

600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

iGrunny E M O

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:59 pm
It's quite common for 12 year olds to wear makeup.
They tend to tone down at my age, (14) and realize too much is never good.
I'd say let her.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:32 am
I used to try wearing makeup at 12, but just slipped out of it because I didn't really care for how it made me look.

I started to pick it up again when I moved here to Japan around the age of 19/20?

I don't think make up is really necessary until you reach college or the age to work. Unless you have flawless skin, then I would say to stay away from it and just the regular lip gloss or eye shadow.

Make up can be really aging to your skin, so if she does do it, make sure that she really takes care of her skin.  

Roseflare

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:42 am
[~+~]

I think it depends on the extent of make up she's wearing.
For example if she's got the full works, and wants to look like she's 18, then no, i don't think that's right, personally. >.<;
Also, it can totally ruin her skin at a young age. D:

I think i was about 12 when i used the cover up sticks you get for blemishes, and then occasionally eye shadow, but nothing major. Then when i was about 14 i got into eye liner. Then i was about 15 when i started using foundation etc if i remember rightly.
But i tend to try and go for as natural look as possible really, i.e. not over-doing it. xD;

User Image

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces