Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Maid Cafes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:25 pm
Does anybody know if there is going to be a maid cafe in San Francisco like in Japantown or somewhere up north in CA?
Reading about a maid cafe makes me want to join just for the fun of it. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:43 pm
i can ask around with my sailor moon cosplay friends who are up in that area to see if there will be one at all, if not i can easily give you pointers on organizing your own. ^^ their just as fun to run as they are to be in  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:44 pm
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
i can ask around with my sailor moon cosplay friends who are up in that area to see if there will be one at all, if not i can easily give you pointers on organizing your own. ^^ their just as fun to run as they are to be in

I doubt I could start one but thanks for the suggestion! Has anybody else gone to an AniMaid Cafe at Anime Expo? Is it really worth going?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:01 am
i do know a couple of the animaids, [aino and vbabe] i did not go. but from what i heard, they did have some bad reviews. mostly about their price and what it got you  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Rinkun

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:50 pm
My friend runs the Cafe Delish at Anime North and other friends are maids. I helped with food the first year (200 cool and stopped by and watched this year. It's really cute and I love how they run the place. I wonder how popular they will be next year. Cause they kinda exploded in attendance in one year, hehe.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:43 pm
ah ^^ i was looking for info about them but i couldn't find a website or anything.  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Rinkun

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 pm
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
ah ^^ i was looking for info about them but i couldn't find a website or anything.

I don't think they have a website. I know they're AN staff, so most contact to them can go through that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 pm
i see.. well if your able to get any info [price and menu stuff like that], with their permission of course so i can add it to the front page as info for the other users who might like to attend  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

OrangeWhip

3,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:24 pm
I always wanted to check one out. Unfortunately they don't have one around where I live. That would be pretty crazy if they did. But I heard there's different types of cafes, where the maid plays games with you.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:29 am
A majority of the cafes follow in the tradition of cafes like @home cafe and Royal Tea in japan
it gives a better experience by interacting with the patrons through the games and dances than it is just to serve them food  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Maid Leader - Miss Spider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 am
*waves* Hello minna-san!

I actually work for a traveling maid cafe called Neko Neko Maid & Hostess Club smile
We travel around to anime conventions preforming anime and j-pop dances but we're also one of the cafe's were our maids sit and talk with you and play games. It's tons of fun!

If you wouldn't mind I'd love if you'd post us up on the first post!

Here's a link to our website!

www.nekoneko.makesmehappy.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:53 pm
I kinda want to work at one of those...

I think I might have a maid uniform fetish. (゜ロ゜)''

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

Saint of Swords _SoS

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:52 pm
Aurora Sonata
I kinda want to work at one of those...

I think I might have a maid uniform fetish. (゜ロ゜)''

Lovely :]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:00 pm
*squeals* I would love to work there! Just to work in a costume all day. ^^ I always loved those outfits!!!  

the-fluffy-angel

Miss Whimsi

Spoopy Duck

9,250 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 am
*sparkle sparkle* Ohhhhh~ how I would love to wear those adoralicious outfits and serve cute and yummy dishes. *//T//*

I'm almost inspired to open up a maid cafe of my own since there's practically nothing exciting in my town. Hmm... Or just visiting one would be enough with me. Teh heh. =^ w ^=  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff