Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
About being pro-life or pro-choice... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now, are you pro-life or pro-choice?
  Pro-life [if so, I want to see what happens if you get impregnated as a result of rape]
  Pro-choice [I agree.]
View Results

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:14 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
Lieutenant Shotgun
One_Smile_Counts
Candy Flavored Kittens
One_Smile_Counts
I know this isn't what you girls are talking about, but

I am pro-life no matter what happens. In rape or what, abortion is wrong. It's like murder, but the baby has no chance to live!
User ImageUser Image

For quite awhile, it's not a baby. It's no different than killing off a sperm and egg, really.
And I agree with Shotgun, I'd love to see your stance on this if YOU got pregnant with a rapists child.

User Image

Maybe not, be "it" never got a chance to live. I am pro-life all the way, but if I ever get raped, I will have the baby. I will consider debating about my beliefs. I think abortion is wrong, and if I did it would be a lot of presure, but, whats done is done

Part of my beliefs is because I am Catholic, and I believe in Gods rights of life.

Well. How would you treat the baby after it was born? Would you love and care for it? Or would you be reminded of the horrible thing that happened to you, that that child was made from some unknown man's seed.

Would you put it up for adoption? Honestly, that's worse than abortion. The baby already knows you, then would be thrust into the home of someone else, not knowing that they were adopted until someone tells them and find out.

At least, if you abort a child, you won't have to go through the pain of labor, then the emotional pain of givng the child away if you choose to do so.

I think people who put their children up for adoption are horrible. Simply horrible.

Half the time those babies end up in foster homes where they're abused and treated poorly.

And that fact makes me rather sad. Another reason why I'd never put a child up for adoption.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:16 pm
Rei Uchikino
broken_bleeding_angel
Lieutenant Shotgun
One_Smile_Counts
Candy Flavored Kittens
One_Smile_Counts
I know this isn't what you girls are talking about, but

I am pro-life no matter what happens. In rape or what, abortion is wrong. It's like murder, but the baby has no chance to live!
User ImageUser Image

For quite awhile, it's not a baby. It's no different than killing off a sperm and egg, really.
And I agree with Shotgun, I'd love to see your stance on this if YOU got pregnant with a rapists child.

User Image

Maybe not, be "it" never got a chance to live. I am pro-life all the way, but if I ever get raped, I will have the baby. I will consider debating about my beliefs. I think abortion is wrong, and if I did it would be a lot of presure, but, whats done is done

Part of my beliefs is because I am Catholic, and I believe in Gods rights of life.

Well. How would you treat the baby after it was born? Would you love and care for it? Or would you be reminded of the horrible thing that happened to you, that that child was made from some unknown man's seed.

Would you put it up for adoption? Honestly, that's worse than abortion. The baby already knows you, then would be thrust into the home of someone else, not knowing that they were adopted until someone tells them and find out.

At least, if you abort a child, you won't have to go through the pain of labor, then the emotional pain of givng the child away if you choose to do so.

I think people who put their children up for adoption are horrible. Simply horrible.

Half the time those babies end up in foster homes where they're abused and treated poorly.

And that fact makes me rather sad. Another reason why I'd never put a child up for adoption.

That, and they're bouncing from home to home until someone 'wants them'.  

Azusanga

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:21 pm
Azusanga
Rei Uchikino
broken_bleeding_angel
Lieutenant Shotgun
One_Smile_Counts

That, and they're bouncing from home to home until someone 'wants them'.

Which doesn't usually happen for the older ones after they age past 8.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:33 pm
I be pro-choice :/
But for Pro-Life people what if you found out your dad -WHO NEVER WAS THERE- was actually some convicted rapist and your mom just had you. You are a child born from rape? That would suck. I mean so if your mom hadn't gotten raped then you wouldn't exist and she wouldn't care because she never wanted to have you in the first place? That's terrible. Oh but your mom loves you now, well duh! She gave birth to you and made a connection at the end of her horrid experience. But before that she must've hated you right? I mean teenagers getting pregnant who wants that?  

Kimmy_is_awesome

Sparkling Shounen

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:48 pm
I don't approve of abortions but I can't control the actions of others. And standing on the side, waving a horrendous picture at people passing by certainly won't allow you to control the actions of others. I would consider myself pro-life.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:09 am
Lieutenant Shotgun
there are people saying they're pro-life, but it's fine to get an abortion if you were raped or something.

THAT MAKES YOU PRO-CHOICE.

PRO-LIFE MEANS NO ABORTION. PERIOD. YOU DO NOT GIVE A ******** IF THE GIRL WAS RAPED. THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH EXCRUCIATING LABOR BECAUSE YOU'RE PRO-LIFE AND YOU SAY SO.

Get that in your head.

EVERYONE IS PRO-CHOICE UNLESS YOU ANT TO MAKE SOME GIRL GO THROUGH ALL NINE MONTHS WITH SOME STRANGER'S SEED GROWING INSIDE OF HER AND MAKE HER GIVE BIRTH TO IT.

kthxbai

I am PROLIFE, but that is because another human being should not have to suffer for another person's stupid choice. RAPE is bad, but that does not mean that you have to kill a baby. There are other options, like adoption. I care that person was RAPED but they should not have an abortion.  

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:30 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun
there are people saying they're pro-life, but it's fine to get an abortion if you were raped or something.

PRO-LIFE MEANS NO ABORTION. PERIOD. YOU DO NOT GIVE A ******** IF THE GIRL WAS RAPED. THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH EXCRUCIATING LABOR BECAUSE YOU'RE PRO-LIFE AND YOU SAY SO.

Get that in your head.

EVERYONE IS PRO-CHOICE UNLESS YOU ANT TO MAKE SOME GIRL GO THROUGH ALL NINE MONTHS WITH SOME STRANGER'S SEED GROWING INSIDE OF HER AND MAKE HER GIVE BIRTH TO IT.

kthxbai

I am PROLIFE, but that is because another human being should not have to suffer for another person's stupid choice. RAPE is bad, but that does not mean that you have to kill a baby. There are other options, like adoption. I care that person was RAPED but they should not have an abortion.

But you aren't really killing a human if you're getting an abortion.
Like I said, it's no worse than killing a sperm and an egg, really.
If you were killing a baby, it would be MURDER, and it wouldn't be allowed anywhere in the country.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:11 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
Lieutenant Shotgun

Get that in your head.

kthxbai

So it's ok for her to suffer 9 months of carrying some b*****d's child? That's like saying, "Oh no, don't worry. Rape isn't all that bad, at least you get a baby that's really only half yours. Oh and don't worry about the STD's you could possibly have. It's all good because you have that glob growing in you. It doesn't matter that some strange guy came up and grabbed you, forced you down and raped the living s**t out of you. At least you weren't stabbed." *Smiles*

SERIOUSLY?! D:<
YOU ******** PEOPLE MAKE ME RAGE!!!!!!!

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:49 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
joe_is_my_hubby
I am PROLIFE, but that is because another human being should not have to suffer for another person's stupid choice.

So it's ok for her to suffer 9 months of carrying some b*****d's child? That's like saying, "Oh no, don't worry. Rape isn't all that bad, at least you get a baby that's really only half yours. Oh and don't worry about the STD's you could possibly have. It's all good because you have that glob growing in you. It doesn't matter that some strange guy came up and grabbed you, forced you down and raped the living s**t out of you. At least you weren't stabbed." *Smiles*

I'm pretty certain the argument is more along the lines of 'rape is traumatic, and it's terrible that this happened to you, but aborting the baby will add even more to the trauma you're going through'. This is debatable (some people react very badly to abortion, others have few or no negative side effects), but considering the common argument of 'abortion has many negative side effects' different experiences generally aren't factored in.

joe_is_my_hubby

Please explain what this "stupid choice" is.

Some women, such as myself, are against giving a child up for adoption. Telling me that adoption is an option would work as well as if someone told you to abort your unwanted pregnancy.
Adoption also solves unwanted parenting, not unwanted pregnancy. If I don't want to go through the pregnancy (or can't for whatever reason), telling me to give the baby up for adoption is completely useless.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:06 pm
I just don't think it's cool to guilt/force someone into having a baby they don't want.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

AriaStarSong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:11 pm
Hm, my best friend was adopted. She loves her family, both birth and biological. She had what is known as an "open adoption", so she has had contact with her birth mother and has known that she was adopted all of her life. I've met her birth mother, and she's awesome. So is her adopted family. There is no animosity toward her birth mother for giving her up. She wanted her to grow up in a family, since she had been recently divorced, so she gave her to a family who couldn't have children of their own. She was a little bit upset that her biological father didn't want to acknowledge her existence, but as she matured, she got over it. Her younger sister was also adopted under similar circumstances.

It's not always the case, certainly, but I know a lot of people who were adopted into loving families and are now positive, contributing members of society and are so happy to be alive.

I am pro-choice, though. Adoption is a wonderful option for a lot of people, but for many the pregnancy is devastating in and of itself. I also don't like someone telling me what to do with my body.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm
joe_is_my_hubby

Ugh, I honestly hate it when people quote the first post. That is SOOOO annoying.
~~
"another human being should not have to suffer for another person's stupid choice"

So, a women who gets impregnated from rape should not have to suffer for her rapist's choice?  

Azusanga

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
I just don't think it's cool to guilt/force someone into having a baby they don't want.

Agreed, although I'd go as far as to say forcing/guilting someone into any choice is terrible.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm
Zephyrkitty
broken_bleeding_angel

Agreed, although I'd go as far as to say forcing/guilting someone into any choice is terrible.

True.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:53 pm
broken_bleeding_angel

I agree. The individual, and only her alone, should be able to decide what is best.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff