Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
I'm a "Con Newbie," Please Help! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:43 pm
Cosplays can be difficult 2 make, try making something easy like a Pokemon (ginjika cosplay) they are easy 2 make and it helps because u can get pretty decent sewing skills by working on it. Oh and I know some cosplay look "dificult" 2 make but u would be surprised what some of them are made of or how long they take 2 make. So cosplays take long so patience is required, try asking ppl at cons what there props are made of or how they made it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:04 am
Cariella
I'm going to my first con in May. (Fanime!) So I'm very much a con-n00b.

I was wondering what the artist's alley and dealer's room were?

in the dealers room you can also find rare treats such as ramune and pocky, pocky is like edible cash at a con for some people, so that is something to stock up on  

Sully_the_cat

Sully_the_cat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 am
Gaymeboy
I'd like to know how to keep away the creeps?
as mentioned already dont draw tons of attention to your self, um dont dress slutty or wear too many revealing clothes

Approximately how much money should I bring to a con?
myslef personally i can live on $100 at a con, ive seen those that can spend more than that tho, i worry about eating tho

Can you list some really fun things to do at a con?
i lobe to play music in the hallways and get random raves going, really fun at night and thats when you meet a lot of the really cool people
Also, which songs are used the most in karaoke contests?
sweatdrop
it all depends on your location some areas prefer diffrent songs than others, only know this because i have seen the rare con occurance where nobody liked the caramelldansen

I hope I haven't troubled you too much!
not at all lol i remember how odd it was at my first convention so its nice being able to pass some of the info on to others

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:25 am
Uhh, alright...

I was suppose to go to Comic Con last year with a BIG group of people but, it was cancelled and this year, I'm going with a friend of mine. Just the two of us...

I'm going as Itachi and she as Sasuke...

Jsut to sorta, give us a little warning, what should we expect to happen? Will we totally be attacked by fangirls or shunned by people who think we are Narutards? or Will we not fit in at all considering we're going to a convention made for ALL things. (Anime, Manga, Videogames, Comic Books, etc)  

Gothic Yaoi Supporter

Alice Allusion

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:22 pm
Im be going to my fist con in September (kumoricon) and I was wondering if I would be accepted at the con or shunned for cosplaying Naruto by people who think im a Narutard...?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 am
Alright, this is mainly directed to the last two questions since it was mentioned, but this is good for everyone to know too-- There is a difference between Naruto cosplayers and Narutards.

Narutards: People who dress up in crappy Naruto cosplays or wear just the headband and a random other outfit, run around quoting lines from the show or yelling out "Believe it!", getting waaaaaaaaaaay to into character, fangirl/fanboy-ing over characters in an obsessive/extreme manner, bothering Naruto cosplayers (ex. glomping, stalking, extreme fangirl/fanboy-ing, demanding yaoi, etc.), acting in an annoying/bothersome/inappropriate manner, or any combination of these.

Naruto cosplayers: People who cosplay characters from the Naruto anime. This says nothing about their personality, behaviors, mannerisms, etc.

Not all Naruto cosplayers are Narutards, and not all Narutards are Naruto cosplayers. So for those of you worried that by cosplaying Naruto characters makes you a Narutard, unless you take on the personification of a Narutard, you're just a person that happens to be cosplaying from Naruto and nothing more.

salsaplant

GO

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:49 am
All I can suggest for Naruto cosplayers is...wear spikes to impale the fangirls.

That is all.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 pm
Thats what Ive been saying so thank you for clearing that up for other people..who my ausume things that are untrue.  

Alice Allusion

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200

7dancer10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:13 pm
*raises hand*I gots a question! Last year at AX, there werea ton of people going around shouting "I Lost the Game!".....What game? sweatdrop confused  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:10 pm
What should you wear at a rave? And what are group photoshoots like?  

SaltyCheerio

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:12 pm
7dancer10
*raises hand*I gots a question! Last year at AX, there werea ton of people going around shouting "I Lost the Game!".....What game? sweatdrop confused
. The Game is goes by one rule: you think about the game, you lose. When you do lose, you must say you lost out loud. Basically, it's just annoying.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:16 pm
Tr-ee
What should you wear at a rave? And what are group photoshoots like?
. Wear something comfortable that you can breathe in. There are a lot of people in a cramped space so you WILL sweat. As for group shoots, it depends on the series. Some have more drama then others, ie. Hetalia. In general, they are tons of fun and are a great way to meet people.  

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers