A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Eating Disorder Support Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know someone with an eating disorder?
  Yes.
  No.
  Possibly.
View Results

Randomly Ridiculous

6,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:11 pm
danushbr
I have anorexia nervosa but im in treatment for it. Im 5"4 and I used to be less, but now Im at like 100. My parents are soooo annoying though, they think that shoving food in my mouth will make me feel better..... It doesnt.... Even though I know that im getting better, I still feel like a fat a** pig. I am terrified of getting fat.....
Are you in therapy or some kind of counseling? Those thoughts could come back to get you, even if you're eating healthy now.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 pm
danushbr
I have anorexia nervosa but im in treatment for it. Im 5"4 and I used to be less, but now Im at like 100. My parents are soooo annoying though, they think that shoving food in my mouth will make me feel better..... It doesnt.... Even though I know that im getting better, I still feel like a fat a** pig. I am terrified of getting fat.....

Good luck with your treatment.
And remember: Food won't make you fat as long as you stay healthy.  

eccentricanomaly

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:17 pm
It's National Eating Disorder Awareness Week.
Wear periwinkle.
Yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:55 pm
Whoah, this is a great thread I was reading through and learned so much....
I have one friend who suffers from at some points extreme annorexia. Pretty much I think if things get really really super stressful than she'll start not eating anything again. Right now she's pretty stable, but it's something you see occasionally when she's complaining about her hands getting really tingly and all...yeah. And I guess, I'm adverage weight but suppose I'd like to be skinnier. i mean, 5'9 and 140-some pounds, but I guess enough of that is muscle. But I know that if I ever did anything to try and modify my weight then she'd start going under again...which is something I don't want to cause, and so I keep with my weight and eating patterns!.  

viper_353

DaisyHeadCasey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:06 pm
I nvr had a eating disorder (i just hav a birth defect....im 13 and I weigh 83 pounds)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:16 pm
So we sailed on to the sun,
Till we found the sea of green...

User Image
The Doctors think I am anorexic or what not.
Thing is, I love food. I just have a metabolism faster than Sonic on Speed. [ oh yes, i just did that ]

I'm going to be eighteen in two months, I'm 5' O" tall, and my weight shifts between 87-9O pounds.

I eat like a pig.
I eat until the point where I feel like puking.
And I'm hungry an hour later.
It just goes right through me. :/

And we lived beneath the waves,
In our yellow submarine.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

Melody Trinity Ann

Shy Cutie-Pie

9,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:50 pm
I have a question. I am really obsessed with my weight but I don't steer away from it...I eat. I've purged a few times over the past two weeks...mainly when I feel like I've eaten too much. But I don't consider myself to have an eating disorder. I exercise as much as i can but I don't starve myself nor do I purge a whole lot. Would that still classify as an eating disorder?  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:28 pm
Kiley Zelda Trinity
I have a question. I am really obsessed with my weight but I don't steer away from it...I eat. I've purged a few times over the past two weeks...mainly when I feel like I've eaten too much. But I don't consider myself to have an eating disorder. I exercise as much as i can but I don't starve myself nor do I purge a whole lot. Would that still classify as an eating disorder?

It definitely sounds like the beginning of an eating disorder, if it not already is one.
You should seriously stop before it gets really bad.  

eccentricanomaly

Hersheydudette

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:30 pm
eccentricanomaly
Kiley Zelda Trinity

It definitely sounds like the beginning of an eating disorder, if it not already is one.
You should seriously stop before it gets really bad.

Agreed. I think any form of purging is a sign of a disorder (unless you've eaten something poisonous or something). If I feel like I've eaten too much, I lay down until I feel better or go to sleep. When you sleep, your body uses up energy to rebuild proteins and stuff, so you usually wake up with the food gone through your system and feeling loads better.

Also, I have a friend who might have an eating disorder. She's a frickin' stick. And not in a good way. Like in a sort of unnatural way. One of my other friends is one of those ridiculously thin, eat as much as you want and still stay thin people, so I know what that's like. She still looks normal to me. But the girl who might have the eating disorder kind of worries me.

I think it's better now than it was before. She eats her lunch with us now sometimes. But she used to (and still does sometimes) go to the music room during lunch and practice singing or something. And if we go to get lunch, she won't get it because she'll say she has to eat the lunch her mom packed her. She steers clear of sweets, usually (and she gives me a lot of chocolate, which makes me really mad sometimes lol).

But she used to talk about how she'd fainted (this happened on a fairly regular basis). And one time my other friend said she went into the bathroom before school right as the other girl was coming out and one of the toilets was flushing but the seat wasn't down. What led my friend and I to go talk to our very understanding cute old English teacher was what happened in orchestra. I'm always her stand partner, and one time she had a sheet of paper on the stand. I bent in and was reading it out loud. She snatched it away before I was finished out loud, but the part I saw but didn't say out loud said, "I will lose 10 pounds by the end of the week" or something. It scared me.

I still don't know if she has/had an eating disorder. I know what I've said above really makes it sound like it, but she did normal stuff like eat doughnuts after orchestra rehearsals too. And her mom's a cook who makes really healthy food, and her sister's thin too. Not as thin, but thin, and her sister does eat junk. But my friend who might have an eating disorder is like a size double 0. She pretty much has to order her clothes online to make sure they fit. One time, her sister was telling her they had these really cute clothes in Black and White Market or something (some store with black and white in the title, sorry), but she was like, "But none of them will fit you. They only go down to size zero." Made me feel fat. But I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 am
Umm... Thanks.I think that will help the person I know with one.....  

X-Band Rocks-X

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:41 am
My father has an eating disorder and it bothers me..He's not as bad as he used to be but still it's un-nerving to me.

Myself i only refuse to eat if i'm going through a spell of depression or anxiety (I have terrible nerves and it makes my stomach knot up for up to a week or more.). Sometimes when i'm super depressed i'll feel like i shouldn't eat but regardless i'll still make myself eat at least one average sized meal per day.
Right now i'm bit stressed with two jobs and a baby kitten i'm having to let stay with my mom's boyfriend (He loves cats and lets me visit so i'm not worried about her.) and i've lately been skipping meals...
In the course of two days i've only eaten a bowl of spagetti, two yogurts, a small bowl of spanish rice and some brownies so i'm trying to get my stomach back on track.
I can normally correct my problem if i buck down and make myself eat at normal meal times but i'm not sure if it's an disorder....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:58 pm
hmmm.. i think i have eating disorders..
i don't know what's going on on my self couz i keep on eating a lot even though i don't feel hungry..i'm worried couz before i'm not that kind of craving for food.. and i try to go on a diet because feel so insecure about my body (i'm not that big kinda chubby) sweatdrop

need help i want to less my self to eat too much.. gonk  

pauliana

Sparkly Gaian

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

FairieCorpse624

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:35 am
Okay, well I dont know what this is, but I'm hoping one of you will help me out.

First of all no, I don't have annorexia. I dont think I'm fat, I KNOW I'm skinny, very skinny actually. :/

I don't force myself to not eat, quite the opposite. I have to force myself to eat a meal, 'cause it's like I'm never hungry. They'll give me a plate of rice and beans, but I can't bring myself to eat it all, even if I put the amount of food I think I could eat. I can never eat full meals, but give me junk or candy and I'll eat it tons of it happily.

During the day I barely eat, a few snacks here and there (Sometimes. Usually I just drink alot milk or soda) and then dinner. That's it. Even if I try to eat more, I STILL dont eat alot.

I know it's bad for me and my mom has gotten me vitamins and etc, etc.

I'm just wondering if any of you girls know what's up with me and if you have any tips on how to eat more/gain more weight?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:08 pm
pauliana
hmmm.. i think i have eating disorders..
i don't know what's going on on my self couz i keep on eating a lot even though i don't feel hungry..i'm worried couz before i'm not that kind of craving for food.. and i try to go on a diet because feel so insecure about my body (i'm not that big kinda chubby) sweatdrop

need help i want to less my self to eat too much.. gonk

Find something else to do instead of eating.
A lot of people eat just because they're bored.
Hang out with friends, join a club/sport, etc, volunteer, etc.  

eccentricanomaly

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:10 pm
FairieCorpse624
Okay, well I dont know what this is, but I'm hoping one of you will help me out.

First of all no, I don't have annorexia. I dont think I'm fat, I KNOW I'm skinny, very skinny actually. :/

I don't force myself to not eat, quite the opposite. I have to force myself to eat a meal, 'cause it's like I'm never hungry. They'll give me a plate of rice and beans, but I can't bring myself to eat it all, even if I put the amount of food I think I could eat. I can never eat full meals, but give me junk or candy and I'll eat it tons of it happily.

During the day I barely eat, a few snacks here and there (Sometimes. Usually I just drink alot milk or soda) and then dinner. That's it. Even if I try to eat more, I STILL dont eat alot.

I know it's bad for me and my mom has gotten me vitamins and etc, etc.

I'm just wondering if any of you girls know what's up with me and if you have any tips on how to eat more/gain more weight?

Have you tried eating small meals throughout the day?
To gain weight, I hear a lot of people eat a lot of protein.  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff