Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
The Christian God: Truth From a Stong Christian Follower Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:39 am
This is awesome. Next time someone says gays are going to hell, I'll tell them they're going to burn in hell for their multi-material clothing... and possibly their tattoo...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 am
Meeatu
"You're a True Christian right?"
Hahahahaha no, no!
nothing close.
I'm an atheist to the bone.
Merely annoyed by the 'pick-and-choose' self-serving attitude that people hold towards much of Christianity.
You either follow Christian ideology to the letter,
or you stop calling yourself Christian!

The difference is: I'm not morally bound to, I'm atheistic.

Ah. Fair enough then mrgreen  

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:38 am
PandoraCaitiff

Ah. Fair enough then mrgreen

XD sorry to give the impression that there was a point to my argument razz

Nono, Argument for arguments sake ^___^
Just playing devil's advocate lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:24 pm
It's almost as if people WANT to be hypocrites. If only human beings weren't so proud. Then they wouldn't cherry pick. But alas, it's human nature *sigh*  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 pm
Although I can understand that many have been hurt by people who are Cristian, as I most certainly have, but it doesnt give anyone the right to dis christianity as a whole
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:13 pm
I say we should just destroy all faith and just accept that life is meaningless.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:12 am
Wolfram Asher Davidson
The main message of any religion is to love all and respect all. Anyone who refuses to follow these simple rules are hypocrites when they quote their scripture.

People who, for example, say WWJD and claim the answer is "protest at military funerals with signs that say -God hates America- and -Thank God for dead soldiers-" clearly did not learn from "He who is without fault may cast the first stone." We are human and have faults, even with the love and forgiveness of whatever deity we worship. Clay cracks when baked.

Those people with the "God Hates America", "God Hates Jews", God Hates Fags", "God Hates Persian Rugs", "God Hates Chocolate Milk", etc. belong to the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas. There are only about 70 followers of that religion, thank God. They are extremely ignorant and I sometimes think are the Christian equivilant of the al-Quida. The founder of the Church even has a son who was estranged from him. His son claimed he was abusive to him, his siblings, and his mother. I saw a video of another disowned daughter who was raised as a Westboro Baptist. Her family disowned her because she questioned the WBC's beliefs. They interviewed her father and he said his daughter would go to Hell. It was depressing to see because the girl was in her early twenties and still loved her family, and here her father is saying she's going to hell. The people in this church hate EVERYTHING, including Mr. Rogers, Heath Ledger, Catholics, Muslims, gays, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Ronald Regan, Princess Diana, and so many other things. May I remind you that only about 70 people practice this religion in the world? Those 70 people give the billions of Christians across the world a bad reputation.

I happen to be a devout Christian and love all of the things the WBC hates. People like the WBC are scaring away all of the gays and gay right supporters from becoming Christians. Isn't the point of Christianity to get more people to want to follow Jesus, not turn the other way?

I'm getting off-topic, but obviously, these people must be confusing Jesus for someone else.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:16 am
One more thing, if I were Jesus, I would come back down from heaven and sue the WBC for defamation of character. This is just sickening. I don't like to hate people, but I hate the WBC.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Visual Brian

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:39 am
http://wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/

<3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:39 am
Wolfram Asher Davidson
The main message of any religion is to love all and respect all. Anyone who refuses to follow these simple rules are hypocrites when they quote their scripture.

People who, for example, say WWJD and claim the answer is "protest at military funerals with signs that say -God hates America- and -Thank God for dead soldiers-" clearly did not learn from "He who is without fault may cast the first stone." We are human and have faults, even with the love and forgiveness of whatever deity we worship. Clay cracks when baked.

I don't know if you're familiar with the WBC- but they're barely a religion. As an organization they make money by trolling people and waiting for someone to violate their rights and then they sue them. They're made up of 98% lawyers- I'm not even joking.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:23 am
Esiris
Wolfram Asher Davidson

I don't know if you're familiar with the WBC- but they're barely a religion. As an organization they make money by trolling people and waiting for someone to violate their rights and then they sue them. They're made up of 98% lawyers- I'm not even joking.
much as they're a hate group, i still see them as a religious one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:15 am
I'll put it as simply as this: Religion is just a vehicle for hatred.
Organized religion is just cult behavior made "socially acceptable".

Having faith is fine, but those who say that christianity is the only religion are pathetic. Especially because it most definitely wasn't the first religion.

I seriously don't mean to quote a Lady Gaga song, but she says "Love is just a history that proven, when you're gone, I'll tell them my religion is you." She's singing to Jesus from the perspective of Mary Magdelene. It's as simple as that, someone can claim to be "the son of god" and his follows could easily say that their religion is him. And it really pisses me off when people say they're the only religion, their god is the only god. You don't know, none of us do. Like someone said before, 'Buddha' actually existed, he was a spiritual leader and there's a 'religion' around him. A way of life.

Me, personally, I don't really have a religion. I don't know what I am. I believe in what I see, I believe in reality. I worship the nature and the planet around me (I don't consider myself pagan anymore).

Religion is just something that was used in ancient times to explain things in nature that couldn't be explained until science came around. People just need something higher to believe in, and when they believe in something like that, it makes them arrogant, and it gives them an 'im better than you' attitude.

Religion was supposed to be love, but it's just turned into hatred. And for those of you who say it's not religion, it's ignorance, you're partly right. Religion breeds ignorance.

Sorry for the rant.  

TylerAnnihilate

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:01 am
Wolfram Asher Davidson
much as they're a hate group, i still see them as a religious one.

But they aren't- they only use the guise of religion so they can sue people. confused
98% of their adult membership has gone to law school and a large portion of them have passed the Bar Exam. They do what they do so that when they are in court they can pass the litmus tests for Sincere Faith under the law. It's the easiest way to sue people.

TylerAnnihilate
I'll put it as simply as this: Religion is just a vehicle for hatred.
If that's really true- tell me who my religion says I should hate.

Quote:
Organized religion is just cult behavior made "socially acceptable".

The definition of a cult is a religious sect- so religion and cult are synonyms.

Quote:
Having faith is fine, but those who say that christianity is the only religion are pathetic. Especially because it most definitely wasn't the first religion.

Calling people names- especially when you're talking about condecending behavior amongst religious people makes you a hypocrite. I'm pretty sure there are rules in this guild against posts like that.

All the talk about what religion is and isn't- it completely ignores the possibility that the ancients, just like modern people, can have spiritual experiences they can then describe to others.

Quote:
People just need something higher to believe in, and when they believe in something like that, it makes them arrogant, and it gives them an 'im better than you' attitude.

That's coming across more in your posts than it is in any of the Christians who have typed in this thread.

Quote:
Religion was supposed to be love, but it's just turned into hatred.
Anything can be used to fuel hatred- why is it that no Atheist ever mentions how many Christians were killed in the last hundred years under a banner of Anti-theism?
Quote:
Religion breeds ignorance.

Sorry for the rant.
Hate breeds ignorance- and ignorance breeds further hate. I don't really see the difference between the derogatory tone in your post and someone telling me I'm going to hell for who I love. But I don't like hypocrisy- so that explains that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am
Esiris

You're misinterprating my post. For starters, I wasn't targeting christianity, I was using them as an example. I'm not being derogitory, I'm giving my thoughts on it. If you really wanna call me "derogitory", I can show you derogitory.

Religion has been a vehicle for hatred for thousands of years. When christianity first came up in Europe as a noticable power, Emperor Constantine converted and elminated what was left of the pagan population. Why are the extremists in the middle east attacking us? Because we're 'infidels', religiously different. In Europe, when the spanish first colonized the americas, they tried to convert the 'heathens' to their beliefs, if they didn't go along, they brutally murdered them, raped them.

I've never heard anything about Christians being killed under the banner of 'anti-theism'. But if you're gonna lump athiests with these 'anti-theists', then I can lump you right back. Who's protesting at funerals? Who hates EVERYONE? Christian fundementalists.

Don't come here and try to tell me that I'm a hypocrite, I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about, and you're taking statements out of context. Did you just skim my post? Cuz it seems like you just took the parts where I said negative things and separated them from the not so negative things I said around them.

So you can take all that nonsense, put that in your pipe, and smoke it.  

TylerAnnihilate

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:57 am
TylerAnnihilate

You're misinterprating my post. For starters, I wasn't targeting christianity, I was using them as an example. I'm not being derogitory, I'm giving my thoughts on it. If you really wanna call me "derogitory", I can show you derogitory.
Bigotry is bigotry- no matter if it's targeting people of Faith or the LGBT community and it's posts like this one that are the reason this kind of behavior is against the Guild's policy.

Quote:
Religion has been a vehicle for hatred for thousands of years.
Religion has been used as an excuse- but it isn't a vehicle. People were killing each other a long time before any religious explination was offered, mostly over resources.

Quote:
When christianity first came up in Europe as a noticable power, Emperor Constantine converted and elminated what was left of the pagan population.
Not really- Hellenic paganism continued under the Emperor for a long time- it just wasn't state funded.

Quote:
Why are the extremists in the middle east attacking us? Because we're 'infidels', religiously different.
I really hate it when people pull this one- it shows a complete ignorance of world politics and history. Islam teaches that Christians and Jews are brothers and sisters in God- the reason radicals have their agenda against the US has to do with the last 100 years of political interference the US has engaged in.

Quote:
In Europe, when the spanish first colonized the americas, they tried to convert the 'heathens' to their beliefs, if they didn't go along, they brutally murdered them, raped them.

For some reason- all the documents of the time talked so much more about their wealth of natural resources. That's interesting that the people themselves explained why they were murdering them, but you're ignoring it. I guess gold was important to them- but if it gets in the way of your anti-theism, it's not part of your belief in reality. rolleyes

Quote:
I've never heard anything about Christians being killed under the banner of 'anti-theism'. But if you're gonna lump athiests with these 'anti-theists', then I can lump you right back. Who's protesting at funerals? Who hates EVERYONE? Christian fundementalists.

Trolls- trolls are protesting funerals- they're a group of lawyers who know how to abuse the First Amendment.

It's funny you don't know about the attempted genocide that targeted Christians in Eastern Europe- but then, ignoring history to suit bigotry seems like it's the part of "reality" that isn't something you invest in.

Quote:
Don't come here and try to tell me that I'm a hypocrite, I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about,
It doesn't seem that way- I mean the history of the Spanish conquest of the South Americas outlined gold and slaves as their main reason for that slaughter. I mentioned the motives of the WBC earlier and that seems to be ignored. You're completely unaware of the US' involvement in the Middle East that sparked Al Qaeda's attacks and the history of Early Christianity. Oh- and you forgot to mention that the Emperor of Rome murdered lots of Christians for entertainment- that's a secular government engaging in genocide for kicks. Oh- and the Marxist genocide against the Eastern Orthodox Church.

You say you value reality- but you're ignorant or ignoring a lot of it.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff