flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:11 am
Em.
I don't ever dislike or like something if it's popular.
It hardly matters in the long run.
So what if people I don't particularly like nor hang out with are jamming to the same tunes?
Power to them for having a good taste in music. =]

I don't mind if they play my fave song over and over again on the radio.
I play the songs I like over and over again anyway.
So honestly I could care less.

BUT
it pains me to see great musicians sell out to the "mainstream,"
particularly because they tend to lose revenue that way anyhow. ;;
(ie x-tina, black eyed peas, madonna, etcetcetc...)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:19 pm
Who cares?

You should be happy that a band that you love has been successful enough to reach that point in their career. Personally, I feel that a "fan" of a band or singer, like Owl City, should be happy for them and that they are gaining new listeners, preps or not, and should be accepting of that. Otherwise, you're not really being fan.

I mean, look at it this way. You weren't the very first person to listen to Owl City and I hope no one called you fake or said how annoying it was now that you listen to them cause they liked them first. So you shouldn't do that to other people.

Thats just my opinion though. I listen to a lot of bands not a lot of people heard of and I listen to a lot of bands that are very popular for that genre, but not really radio big. However I do like random songs I hear on the radio, like some B.o.B songs or that new Katy Perry single and I think I would be pretty pissed if I found out someone was bitching about me liking those songs just because I heard it on the radio and not somewhere else.

And another thing, who cares if they're preps? I'm pretty positive when Adam Young wrote all those songs you love he wasn't thinking about how ONLY specific groups of people can and can't listen to it. Music's for everyone.

Agent Mallard

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm
I personally get happy whenever an artist gets recognition for their work. More power to them for finally making it big. Most bands and artists dream to make it successfully in the music business.
The music I listen too is usually too foreign/weird to make it onto US charts- I'd flip s**t if D'espairsRay made it on the charts here, though. I honestly think they have potential to be big in the US, but only if people got over the language barrier.

But it doesn't stop me from sharing their music with my friends or new people.
Music is for everyone's enjoyment. Not a select group of people.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:22 am
I live in the UK, and listen to lots of bands that are kinda popular in America but not here, so none of the stuff I like is ever on the radio. xD

What pisses me off though is people who ONLY like stuff in the charts. People who think if it isn't in the charts then you shouldn't listen to it - it doesn't have to be YOUR favourite song just because it's really popular.

tobejulietssecret

The Soul Dew Guardian

Timid Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:38 am
Hersheydudette
... I used to really like that until they played it a gazillion times.

Same here, only with a whole genre of music, not just one song.

Sad, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:40 am
I know what you mean, and sadly I feel the same..u.u
I don't know why, but I don't like people liking the same type of music as me..-.
And it seems as soon as someone gets more popular, it goes straight to their head and they..well they do bad stuff or make crappy music.[Frankly, the music nowadays suck a**.]

o 3o

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100
17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash