Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Crazy Con Goers: A Rant and Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sakurayoshema

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:43 am
Tell me about it..I was glad that I didn't say anything bad about their character even though it totally needed a work on too. >..>  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:11 pm
Chrysanthemum Valentine
Dilly Dally.
People who think conventions are red carpet events.
Cosplayers should dress to express. Not to f****** impress.

Mostly females. Eugh. );<
There are people who'd do anything just to get attention.
It's sad, sickening and downright annoying.

Photograpervs
Self explanatory.

Elitists
Just shut it, lol.
Stop the dramu and just enjoy the conventions and cosplaying.
D;<
I don't care if you've been cosplaying for a decade or a week.
Elitists usually bash the newbies when they should guide them instead.
These people who think they're better don't deserve my respect. );<

People who take shots when the cosplayers aren't ready yet.
People who take stolen shots.
People who don't say please.
People who don't say sorry when they bump into you.

Wow. I said quite a lot. o.o;
:;Shuts up now.;

Shilly shally.

Ugh tell me about it. I work in the Masquerade (Cosplay) department of a local con, and I have to deal with these people whenever there's an event. In fact I have have to go directly to them and talk to them since I'm in charge of advertising for cosplay events.

There was this cosplay snob chick last year who made the hotel's main hallway her little photo shoot area. It's the ONLY WAY to and from the first half of con to the second half and the hotel rooms and she and her little buddies with the professional cameras are right smack dab in the middle of it. FOR 20 MINUTES!

I didn't say anything because there weren't a lot of people at the con at the time, I thought they were only taking one pic, and they were letting people pass by. But by the time I was thinking of giving them a piece of my mind, I was too busy to do anything.

I told my head about it though. Next time, there's going to be a no-photo policy in the main hallways and anywhere a photo shoot would break up traffic.

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Tsunji

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 am
It must be hard organizing events. If I were you, I would've bitched out, lol. Especially at the photograpervs! );< They don't care about your costume, its details and your portrayal! As long as your hot, flash, snap, upload! );<  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:13 am
  • People who are rude about you wanting to take a picture of them.
    You're in cosplay, you must expect people to want to take pictures of you. I know I don't like pictures being taken of me, but if someone asked(pffft like anyone would), I would let them. They obviously either really like your cosplay, are trying to commemorate the event, or both. There's no need to be rude about it.

• People working in the dealers room who get mad at you
    Alright, so can't expect everyone working the tables to know what I'm talking about(although it would make sense if they were anime fans if they were working an anime booth at an anime con). I'll explain to you the plushie/wall scroll/manga/etc. I want if you don't know, no big. But there's no need to get bitchy at me just because I was mistaken in thinking you might know what I wanted by telling you the name.

• The people who are making fun of your cosplay
    This is what really bugs me. This is a con, people dress up. We don't need you coming in and being a party pooper, kthnx.

All I got for now.  

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:51 am
Chrysanthemum Valentine
It must be hard organizing events. If I were you, I would've bitched out, lol. Especially at the photograpervs! );< They don't care about your costume, its details and your portrayal! As long as your hot, flash, snap, upload! );<

The Captain and Vice-Captain are really the only ones who do any planning; my position doesn't even technically exist, it's something we came up with out of necessity.

I try not to be all bossy and bitchy when on staff, it's a liability. I'd make myself, my department, and the con look bad, and get in major trouble if anyone got mad at me telling them off. And people sue for the stupidest stuff nowadays.

There was this crazy chick last year. A cosplayer insulted her while in character and she got all pissed off and blamed staff for letting rude people in. "twas weird.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:15 am
Yaoi Fangirls: Eh, I have an unusually high tolerance for them, since all through highschool all of my friends were HARDCORE about it. " I want to marry a gay guy so I can watch him make out with his boyfriend! biggrin " I stopped fighting the battle ages ago and just ignored it all.

Creeps: These come in the form of women and men, and both bother me severely. Honestly, if someone doesn't seem even vaguely interested in talking with you, you should probably walk away. If you have a good time with someone, talking dancing, whatever, it's cool to ask for their e-mail or phone number, but if they so no, just back off. You end up looking like a psycho is you keep pushing.

Why's: Coming to a con with someone who habitually asks alot of questions about normal things is a bad idea, I know. I did it anyway, and every time there was a moment of quiet, I got an earful. " Why are they dancing in the hall, why are they wearing that, what anime is that from, is that an anime, are they a yaoi couple, do you think they're really gay, do you think I'm gay, why do people kiss in public, don't they know it's insulting"<---
Actual questions over the course of an hour. /shot self

Getting shitty with the staff: Ok, if the con is going good, and your biggest complaint is the lack of bathroom directory signs, you shouldn't be getting upset with anyone. It's just not polite, nor is it fair to the con staff who, now matter how small a con is, work their butts off to keep things running smoothly. The last con I went to had the con staff main hub open to everyone, and every time I walk by there'd be some girl and her boyfriend chewing out some poor volunteer because they couldn't find an elevator in time to get their kid to the bathroom before he wet himself, or how one of the panels said some bad words, or how they " don't understand why you let people run around in skanky clothes in public." It's not the staff's fault, quit blaming them for the stick up your a** before someone gets the right mind to shove a real one up there. D:<

nadaniasang

SassyMoriarty

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:15 am
Neh,I've been to a total of two cons, neither were any of those big-time anime ones but...blah.

* The creepy guys/girls -The pervs or whatever. I wasn't even dressed up as anyone (just a tag-along) and there were some creepers .____.

*Conceited cosplayers- I encountered ALOT of these. They ASK for pictures. ASK for attention and ASK to be hung out with. They are rude and I dislike them.

*The drunks- I was at this Vampire board okay? It was a discussion panel,I was at a Sci-Fi con I believe. Anyway,there was this drunk guy and his little group sitting in the lower level and he kept making sexual remarks and acting like an idiot.
IT WAS ANNOYING.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:26 am
Aw... I'm one who takes pictures when people aren't aware of it... I just... don't like it when people pose. It looks so... fake. I like "capturing cosplayers in their natural environment." I try not to take any embarrassing photos to be criticized or anything. Some of my favorites have been "Darth Vader at Lunch". See, the hotel had a buffet, and he hadn't taken off his helmet yet, so I got a picture of him ladling stew onto his plate. "Tourists" A picture of Iruka and Roy Mustang taking pictures of someone else. And "Tourists Return". Iruka and Roy on their cell phones. They're funny, but not in an insulting way. I also got a REALLY good picture of a pikachu girl. The way she was moving when I took it, it looks like she's stalking. It has a "non-human" quality about it, and looks really good.  

Maruul

Forever_the_spy

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:39 pm
Oh goody, I'm not the only staffer that gets pissed off at attendees sometimes. I am in Operations Staff, which is kind of like the jack of all trades department, and I typically help Security and Dealers Room. Last convention, I was standing guard by these really expensive artworks that had these things that stick out at the ends and trip people. So I told them to "please watch your step" and "please don't touch the artwork". This one guy got pissed off and pounded his fist on the wall next to the artwork. Then ran off... that pissed me off more than I care to admit and I don't have a radio( I'm not security) to report it or anything. Also It's not like I could leave my post. So yeah pissed, I was...  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:44 pm
Forever_the_spy
This one guy got pissed off and pounded his fist on the wall next to the artwork. Then ran off...

nadaniasang
and every time I walk by there'd be some girl and her boyfriend chewing out some poor volunteer because they couldn't find an elevator in time to get their kid to the bathroom before he wet himself, or how one of the panels said some bad words, or how they " don't understand why you let people run around in skanky clothes in public."

Seriously, people need to grow the eff up. And what happened to people being responsible and just dealing with stuff? If your kid needs to go to the bathroom and you can't find it, ask someone! If you dislike something someone said or did, ignore it!

But no, everyone's gotta go whine and demand refunds and retribution. It's disgusting how they go and pick on people who have nothing to do with the problem.

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:15 am
Tsuki Nushi
Forever_the_spy
This one guy got pissed off and pounded his fist on the wall next to the artwork. Then ran off...

nadaniasang
and every time I walk by there'd be some girl and her boyfriend chewing out some poor volunteer because they couldn't find an elevator in time to get their kid to the bathroom before he wet himself, or how one of the panels said some bad words, or how they " don't understand why you let people run around in skanky clothes in public."

Seriously, people need to grow the eff up. And what happened to people being responsible and just dealing with stuff? If your kid needs to go to the bathroom and you can't find it, ask someone! If you dislike something someone said or did, ignore it!

But no, everyone's gotta go whine and demand refunds and retribution. It's disgusting how they go and pick on people who have nothing to do with the problem.
Once I turn 18, I plan on taking my sister to the con. She wants to cosplay Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender quite badly, and I figured what better place than a con? Not only that, but I know she's well behaved. It also wouldn't be a con I've never been to. At Anime North, I know exactly where the washroom is. I wouldn't go to an unfamiliar con with a child. I would be spending most of the time getting familiar and that's hard when you're carting someone around.

It's really sad when the kids are sometimes more well behaved than the parents. The kid has no idea what's going on half the time when the parents are bitching out staff and blaming everyone else for everything. This especially happens when the kid is misbehaving. They yell at the kid, when it's like 10pm and the kid should be in bed. The kid doesn't know better, they're tired. Not to mention they're probably in a cosplay uncomfortable for them.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:00 pm
Godess The Hyper Fangirl
Tsuki Nushi
Forever_the_spy

nadaniasang

Once I turn 18, I plan on taking my sister to the con. She wants to cosplay Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender quite badly, and I figured what better place than a con? Not only that, but I know she's well behaved. It also wouldn't be a con I've never been to. At Anime North, I know exactly where the washroom is. I wouldn't go to an unfamiliar con with a child. I would be spending most of the time getting familiar and that's hard when you're carting someone around.

It's really sad when the kids are sometimes more well behaved than the parents. The kid has no idea what's going on half the time when the parents are bitching out staff and blaming everyone else for everything. This especially happens when the kid is misbehaving. They yell at the kid, when it's like 10pm and the kid should be in bed. The kid doesn't know better, they're tired. Not to mention they're probably in a cosplay uncomfortable for them.

Tell me about it. It's like some people lose their ability to get over things when they have kids. Thankfully, the con I work at doesn't have a lot of parents who walk around with their kids. It's mostly 13-20 year olds who either get dropped off and picked up or stay in the hotel the con's in/sponsoring.

I guess that's the advantage of small local cons. Since they don't get a lot of advertisement, we don't get a lot of parents who hear about it and assume it's going to be some cutesy little kiddie event to bring their kids to.

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

AshleyCarnival

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:36 am
May I say somthing?
I would like to say that ALL yaoi fangirls are crazy.
Some of us do get a little to...ummm...whats the word...excited when they see it, but not all. The crazy ones give us a bad name!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 am
XxLovely-SinnerxX
May I say somthing?
Some of us do get a little to...ummm...whats the word...excited when they see it, but not all. The crazy ones give us a bad name!

Over zealous is more accurate. Over zealous people give everyone a bad name dear. Whether they be staff or fans.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

AshleyCarnival

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:06 am
Tsuki Nushi
XxLovely-SinnerxX
May I say somthing?

Over zealous is more accurate. Over zealous people give everyone a bad name dear. Whether they be staff or fans.

Yes, I have to say Over Zealous is a better word for them!
I'm sorry if I sounded bitchy. I just don't like people thinking all yaoi fans are Over Zealous. sweatdrop  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff