View Results

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:32 pm
Rosalind Hawk
I usually take Midol when I'm on my period.

...Problem is, between my anxiety disorder, under-active thyroid, as well as my eating disorder...my period is never regular and when it DOES come, it's usually either hardly there or really heavy (a long with some terrible cramps).

I hate it. So much.
scream
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

A birth control pill will fix that right up.
Mine were completely unbearable since I first got mine when I was 13, I'm 20 now and I've been on birth control since I was 15 (I went off it for a year, but my problems came back as soon as I went off it and wouldn't fix themselves, so I was put back on it).
I'd suggest you look into it, I mean, there's no harm that can be done once you find the right one.
The pills aren't just for preventing pregnancies, they really do make you feel better and when your cycles are livable, you feel a lot better.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm
angel_nicholson
Rosalind Hawk
I usually take Midol when I'm on my period.

...Problem is, between my anxiety disorder, under-active thyroid, as well as my eating disorder...my period is never regular and when it DOES come, it's usually either hardly there or really heavy (a long with some terrible cramps).

I hate it. So much.
scream
User Image

A birth control pill will fix that right up.
Mine were completely unbearable since I first got mine when I was 13, I'm 20 now and I've been on birth control since I was 15 (I went off it for a year, but my problems came back as soon as I went off it and wouldn't fix themselves, so I was put back on it).
I'd suggest you look into it, I mean, there's no harm that can be done once you find the right one.
The pills aren't just for preventing pregnancies, they really do make you feel better and when your cycles are livable, you feel a lot better.

User Image

She probably can't, since she has thyroid issues. The pill messes with your hormone balance. It makes periods a lot more comfortable for a lot of girls, but it isn't workable for a lot of people because of how it affects moods. It can take awhile to get the balance of meds right.  

Liviania

xjewiex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:58 am
So the discharge, before I have my period, I'll have little discharges. They are not smelly but its very itchy!!...is this a disease or something or just normal?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:19 am
angel_nicholson
User Image

Something I've found helpful, is eating bananas. I don't know why, but it eases the cramps a little. I used to get really bad cramps when I was younger, I was on birth control and regularly taking Midol through my period, but they didn't always help so my mom told me to try eating bananas.
When I get my period and I'm pmsing, bananas are one of my best friends.

User Image

i think it's got to do with all the potassium in the bananas.
the are great for muscle cramps.

Seawicket

Booty Popping

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:18 pm
i havent had a period since december, and the birth control pills i use are not working at all, they just give meh a reason to call meh friend up for a romp or two, my doctors are stumped as i am too, my periods are hecka irregular, sometimes i get one every month, every two months, one time i didnt one for a whole year, (what a year that was =w=) but geebus, im scared, they're talking about taking me to see a neurologist about this....  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:27 pm
So we sailed on to the sun,
Till we found the sea of green...

User Image
My periods are bitches. :/
They've been irregular since I was twelve, and been major cramping. They usually last about a week and a half to two weeks, usually come every other month, and seem to get a little regular after I have sex [ for the next three-four months, anyways.. [ from that one time i did D; ] ].
Um. And my cramps are terrible beforehand. Dx

They were talking about periods during my Health class, and one of the girls suggested putting an iron and the lowest possible setting, folding a towel up, and placing it on your lower abdomen. She said that it helps? A few other girls piped up and said it does feel really nice. I suppose it functions the same as an electric blankie?
I dunno. I've yet to try it.

And we lived beneath the waves,
In our yellow submarine.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

Eveiebear

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:52 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image______◦xQuestion: Why DOES the amount of blood loss look drastic? I feel as though I'm losing way more than 2 tablespoons. 7 days full heavy periods from first day to last moments, and even then the next two days are spotting. At some points if I'm not careful, I get very sick from them too.

From 2 tablespoons? XDD;User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:55 pm
i_love_dis_one
So the discharge, before I have my period, I'll have little discharges. They are not smelly but its very itchy!!...is this a disease or something or just normal?
User Image

User ImageUser Image______◦xI would think the discharge is like...an early alarm. I ALWAYS get discharge 2-3 days BEFORE my period, it is also associated with heightened feelings of sexual wants (for me at least), which I try to ignore with guitar playing and lots of prayer. xP

But I would not think it a bad thing, unless it was discolored and smelly. Its more of like...your body preparing.User Image

Eveiebear

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

x-Shadow Wind

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:49 am
♪Like a day after my period, "down there" started to itch. It's been like 2 days now, and it still itches. The itching isn't too bad, but I've never had it before and I'm only 13. Does this mean something? Is this common? Please help. ♪

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm
Angel Nicholson
User Image

Something I've found helpful, is eating bananas. I don't know why, but it eases the cramps a little. I used to get really bad cramps when I was younger, I was on birth control and regularly taking Midol through my period, but they didn't always help so my mom told me to try eating bananas.
When I get my period and I'm pmsing, bananas are one of my best friends.

User Image

Bananas have been proven to help with athletic cramps. I don't see why they wouldn't also help with menstrual cramps.

Warm things--baths, heating pads, blankets--help with cramps because heat relaxes the muscles around your uterus and helps you lose some tension.

Tampons are a HUGE help if you want to swim during your period. I wouldn't suggest it on the first day if you bleed heavily, and don't forget to change it every couple of hours, but it really does work. Tampons were very scary for me the first time I used them, and I still prefer pads; but have a trusted female friend or adult help you, and they're really convenient for the active lifestyle.  

Tjix

Lacana

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:19 pm
I'm 13 and a year younger than everyone in my grade because I skipped a grade so everyone I know has pretty much already gone though it. My mom's no help at all because she just told me to get a pad. That's literally all she said. One of my close friends helped me a bit, but it's still kind of awkward so I don't want to bother her any more about it >__<

I literally just got it yesterday. (On my 3rd gaiaversary Dx)
So I've put a pad on... and of course, I'm getting those cramps that I've heard about -__- Can't believe it sucks this much.
Wah I can't believe I'm posting this here, but I'd really like some help :C (because this thread doesn't seem too active...)

I'll try some of the stretches and such, but anything to know for the long run? I know exercising definitely helps, so I bike around. I'm confused on how it kinda works though. All this time -__-;  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:13 am
lacana_
I'm 13 and a year younger than everyone in my grade because I skipped a grade so everyone I know has pretty much already gone though it. My mom's no help at all because she just told me to get a pad. That's literally all she said. One of my close friends helped me a bit, but it's still kind of awkward so I don't want to bother her any more about it >__<

I literally just got it yesterday. (On my 3rd gaiaversary Dx)
So I've put a pad on... and of course, I'm getting those cramps that I've heard about -__- Can't believe it sucks this much.
Wah I can't believe I'm posting this here, but I'd really like some help :C (because this thread doesn't seem too active...)

I'll try some of the stretches and such, but anything to know for the long run? I know exercising definitely helps, so I bike around. I'm confused on how it kinda works though. All this time -__-;

Invest in some Pamprin/Midol.
Banana's help with cramping.
Warm baths, or if you don't want to do that, warm compress.
(I use a rice pack that I made)  

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

LacrymosaVampiress22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:09 pm
this is an awesome topic. before i started taking these shots i use to get really bad cramps. the worse was once every summer. it felt llike i was dying and i got sick too razz .
now with the shots the cramps arent there except for like some days within the 3 months.

anywho im totally dying and i want to know what kinda food do you eat to make it less hurtful. i took some medicine earlier but it was a low dose. i should had took a higher dose crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:49 pm
Alright, I get my periods like twice a month. O-O And along with that, each of those periods last at least 7-10 days.

Should I be concerned about this?

And is there any way that I can fix this? O.o

gas powered stick

TemperamentalGoddess

Shadowy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:23 pm
I think that some girls might be with me on this point, but sometimes a nice ice pack can also help to reduce period pains.

But can you just note that the pain will get more bareble (or might decrease) as you get older, this is a true fact for I've had to come out of class before due to pain, but it has all but nearly cleared up now.  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff