Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:04 pm
((OOC: Silent was temporarily kidnapped by real life. I'm opening it right now, and I'll post in a bit. In the meantime, I officially declare this RP...

Open!))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 pm
User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

((Cool. I guess I'll do first post then.))

Miranda sat in class, staring out the window. Or at least, that's what it looked like. The girl's gray eyes were actually focused on the window, and the image she could see there - One no one else could. 'Who are you?' She wondered silently, staring at the image of the blonde girl. Miranda was sure she'd never seen the girl before, something that should have made scrying her impossible. Yet every time she scried, if she wasn't careful about whose image she sought, this strange girl appeared. The blonde one or tanned, dark haired one. Occasionally there was a male as well, but he didn't come up nearly so often. They were important somehow. She just knew it.

"Who are you? Where can I find you?" Miranda whispered to herself, not caring that the other students stared at her. That was normal. She never noticed them anymore. She barely saw them, too busy with other things.

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:35 pm
Cybil smiled briefly as she walked out of the bank - her paycheque cashed, her bills (hopefully) paid for another month. Her tiny one-room apartment, always too hot or too cold and smelling a little like weed in the summer despite her constant attempts to air it out, was nothing special, but it was hers, and Cyb had a fierce pride in it. She paid for it, kept it up, and if she had to go a little short on food sometimes to hang on to it, well, there were worse things.

Cybil had been taking night-school courses to finish up and earn her diploma. She had no intention of working two jobs at minimum wage for the rest of her life, after all...

She trailed off there in her thoughts, her smile going dull. The rest of her life, if what she saw in her glimpses of the future was any indication, was going to be very short indeed. She might not need that diploma. She might never have a chance to earn it.

Blood and fire and darkness and cold. So cold. Shadows everywhere. And she was always in the middle of it. Sometimes alone, sometimes surrounded by others, but she was always there. Sometimes the shadows called to her, seemed to smile, called her 'daughter'; there was always a bright light that flashed behind her eyes when it spoke, as though saying It lies, it lies, Cybil, you're mine, not its, it lies...

Fighting a shudder, she walked slowly back to her apartment. She had work to get ready for.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:57 pm
User Image

The bell rang, startling Miranda from her visions. With a sigh, she rose, slinging her pack over one shoulder. She glanced down the hallways towards her next class, then went the opposite direction and out the school doors. The need to find this strange girl was becoming stronger over time. She couldn't remember how many classes she'd skipped in the last year, searching for the blonde girl. For some reason, she appeared the most out of the strangers in the visions.

Miranda wandered the streets, not really sure where to look. She could never see where the girl was. There was only ever the blonde who seemed to stare right at her, daring her to find the girl. Miranda frowned, eyes skimming the crowds as she walked. "Who are you?" She repeated the questions many times a day. "Who are you? Where are you hiding?"

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:58 pm
Cybil brushed her long blonde hair, currently twisted up into a ponytail, back over her shoulder. She'd gone home to her apartment, changed into her uniform, and currently stood behind the counter of the little gas bar, giving her practiced smile and 'hi-how-can-I-help-you-today' line to everyone who came up to the counter.

There weren't many - being mid-afternoon, it was pretty dead. That left Cybil with a lot of time to think, and too many unpleasant things to think about. So she seemed unusually helpful and eager to please today because she was - every customer was an opportunity to stop musing on blood and fire and death.

But right at the moment, she was stuck in a lull. So she leaned both elbows on the counter, stared wistfully at the door, and waited.

For what, she wasn't really sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:21 pm
User Image

Miranda wandered around town with no real destination in mind. She carried her backpack over one shoulder as he gray eyes constantly skimmed the crowd. When she glanced at the window of a little gas bar, she had to stop and do a double take and stare. For a moment she thought she was seeing one of the strange visions in the glass. But no.....After a moment of rubbing her eyes, she was sure that the girl was still there.

The raven haired girl couldn't let this chance slip past her. She had to find out about this blonde girl. Who was she and why was she constantly appearing in Miranda's visions? She turned and entered the store, her narrowed stormy eyes never leaving the girl behind the counter. Miranda said nothing, trying to figure out the best way to ask. Simply asking why are you appearing in my visions might be a little weird. "Who are you?" She asked abruptly, before she could stop herself.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:04 pm
Cybil's attention was on the computer screen when the little bell attached to the door rang, signaling a visitor.

Oh no, oh s**t, why did you have to come in here right when I was getting comfortable being alone, I was actually enjoying thinking my own thoughts for once-- "Hi, how can I help you today?" she asked, bright practiced smile in place, never once looking up from the screen.

Of course, the sudden blurted question made her eyes flick up and fast. Her own smoky blue eyes met the grey ones of the girl across the counter from her, and narrowed in response. Who did this girl think she was?

"Cybil," she replied coldly, biting off the word. "Who wants to know?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:22 pm
User Image

Miranda chuckled at the coldness in Cybil's voice. She wasn't surprised about the hostility. Who wouldn't be wary about a random stranger suddenly asking who they were. Her gray eyes continued to watch the blonde girl. "I was wondering what makes you so special." She murmured, tilting her head to the side. "Why I keep seeing you." Something make her careless with her words, saying things she wouldn't normally say. She tried to hide her scrying ability unless she absolutely had to reveal it. But something told her Cybil was different. There was something about her.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:44 pm
Cybil eyed the brunette coolly. "That's not what I asked," she replied bluntly. "I asked who wants to know." She put her hands in her pockets, unwilling to acknowledge the faint surge of hope. The way the girl talked...the way she kept 'seeing her'...well, wasn't seeing what Cyb did as well?

Was it possible that this girl was someone who could help her?

She shoved the thought away brutally. There was no use hoping - her hopes always just landed her in more trouble. No one could do anything to help her out, and as far as she was concerned, that meant less trouble for her.

So she cocked her hip, tilted her chin up, and took on the basic attitude of someone who was all confidence. She wanted to hear the brunette's answer, and hopefully, the girl would at the very least oblige her with a name.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:08 pm
User Image

Miranda merely laughed again. "I suppose I did answer the wrong question." She admitted with a smile. "My name's Miranda." She glanced around the store disinterestedly. "But it still makes me wonder. You don't look different." It wasn't clear if she was talking to Cybil or herself.

With a sigh, her gray gaze turned back to Cybil. "Well this is something I hadn't considered. I've found you - after over a freaking year...." She added in a rebellious mutter. "But I guess I never really thought about what I'd do when I found you."

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:50 pm
Cybil was tempted - very tempted - to snap, 'Well, sorry that you didn't put any thought into it after an entire year!' But at the last moment she held her tongue. There were probably a million other ways she could get fired, but being rude to someone who, at least on camera, looked like a potential customer was most likely among the fastest.

And curse it, she needed this job, at least for now.

So she sighed and shrugged. "Hi, Miranda," she said in a perfect monotone. Leaning her elbows on the counter, she gave a one-shoulder shrug. "Why don't you start by telling me why, exactly, you were looking for me when I'm a total stranger to you?"

After a moment of silence, she added, her voice showing the first trace of uncertainty, "...Aren't I?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:23 pm
User Image

Miranda frowned suddenly. "I honestly don't know. I knew what you looked like, but that's it. Do you think it would have taken me this long, if I knew more than that?" She asked, not really expecting an answer as she continued on. "As for why....." She trailed off, warring with herself. After a moment, she sighed, shoving her hands in her jacket pockets.

"This is going to sound insane, but I can see things." There. She'd said it. She didn't look at Cybil, not wanting to see the hate and scorn in another set of eyes. She hated seeing that. Gathering her courage, she rushed on. There had to be a reason she'd been seeing this girl. "Using anything clear and still, I can see things. People and places. Normally I can only see people I've met before. But I kept seeing you, even though I had no idea who you were."

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:55 am
Cybil, preparing herself to make an irritated retort, went dead silent. The breath she'd just taken rushed out in a sound rather like a little gasp. No. It couldn't be. Just like that? After so long?

She stood still for a second, warring with herself. It would be easy, so easy, to dismiss Miranda with a scornful comment and a laugh. To keep going on her own, as she'd always managed to in the past. But on the other hand...

Did she really want to? She had a chance here. Maybe Miranda was telling the truth. Maybe she didn't have to be alone anymore.

Very slowly, as though she had to dislodge each individual word, she said very clearly, "Step outside with me. I'm on my break now."

She didn't give Miranda a chance to disagree. Taking her arm, she practically yanked the other girl out the door, only pausing to shout behind her, "Carmen, you're on for a bit!"

Once they were outside, she took a deep breath. "Look. You're not the only one. I see things, too. It sounds like you can scry. I can see things that might be in the future." She closed her eyes. "And if you are ******** with me, I'm going to have to kill you now."  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff