Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Do you cosplay in character? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How in character are you when you cosplay?
Not at all
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
I'm only in character for skits
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Sometimes, it's fun :D
67%
 67%  [ 90 ]
Character? I predict a 99% probability that I am L. :|
24%
 24%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 134

kiropterain1

Malevolent Gatekeeper

5,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 pm
Glacirus
Unless my friends ask me to stop, or it's an uncontrollable reaction, I'm 100% in character. For my upcoming Mukuro Rokudo cosplay, I'm even practicing to get down the "kufufufu" laugh just right.

it's part of my whole obsession with EVERY minute detail with my own costumes.

dude same here.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:53 pm
Should I give up?
To be honest, I find it quite hard to be in character 100%.
Me and my friends don't usually cosplay characters from the same series, so it's a little difficult to act the character out.
Another thing is that my friends are hilarious.
We keep on talking and laughing that sometimes I forget I'm cosplaying.
I do imitate the voice and try to be in character as much as possible for photos, skits and shoots. I research everything about him or her and try to incorporate the character's personality on mine.

3nodding

Or should I just keep chasing pavements?

Tsunji

sakurayoshema

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:30 am
I only learn and watch the basic of the character. so when ever someone comes up I'll be like "hey! blah blah blah what ever my character needs to say here" and then try to smile. AHHHnd then..they just ask me for a picture. v__v not much conversation  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:31 pm
I find it easier to be in character when the character is similar to myself, if that makes any sense. sweatdrop
Like, when I cosplayed Ryan and Mike from Ray (not at the same time) I was pretty bad, because I'm too shy to be Ryan but too nice to be Mike... But I can do a great Kantarou from Tactics, because I'm already a lot like him, so I just have to be a bit more outgoing than usual.
I DO think it's important to be in character, and it bugs me when people aren't. The only exception is when they're out of character on purpose for the sake of comedy.  

Maruul

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:03 pm
I really had to be in character for 2 days as Ace Goodheart/Ken the Eagle for an art project. I admit that I kind of cheated when I stepped out of character when I wasn't at school but during our final which was just come as the person you pretending to be or so, I REALLY had to be in character, yelling 'It's Galaxtor!' and coming to the rescue of another classmate.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:41 am
Chrysanthemum Valentine
Should I give up?
To be honest, I find it quite hard to be in character 100%.
Me and my friends don't usually cosplay characters from the same series, so it's a little difficult to act the character out.
Another thing is that my friends are hilarious.
We keep on talking and laughing that sometimes I forget I'm cosplaying.
I do imitate the voice and try to be in character as much as possible for photos, skits and shoots. I research everything about him or her and try to incorporate the character's personality on mine.

3nodding

Or should I just keep chasing pavements?

i think you should keep staying in charicter,its more fun?  

kiropterain1

Malevolent Gatekeeper

5,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200

Josephine Jo

6,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:51 am
Haven't done it so far and I probably never will, at least not 100% for serious when not performing on stage.

I find it obnoxious when people try to act in character, specifically because 9/10 people who do so are horrible at it. You know, the general type of yaoi fangirls (which takes up the majority of my cons) or people who just... can't act.

Then there's this recurring person who goes as The Joker over and over again and just about everyone is sick of him.

So I'll just avoid the urge to headdesk for myself and my friends and act like myself.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:15 pm
Most of the time I am in character. Sometimes I get a little TOO into it, though! Especially when I was cosplaying as Haruhi Fujioka. I kept bashing Hikaru for all the mean things he does to me.  

Jennisora

5,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Aetherfall

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:10 pm
It's really fun to get into character. When I cosplayed as Sasori, my friend interviewed me while we were eating at Applebee's, wanting to get my opinion on what a ninja would order there. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:52 pm
I'm kinda half in character, half out. My personality and the character's personality usually kinda just go together. I usually cosplay the ones that are a little ditzy or get mad when teased, which is me anyways. I did follow my friend around calling her "Taicho" all day when we were Renji and Byakuya, though. I still call her that to this day, just for fun.  

Riot 121

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Raya Kioma

Trash Witch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:18 am
Well.. I've never really cosplayed before so I can't really say.

But the character I'm cosplaying this year and I have very similar personalities, so it wouldn't be very hard to be in character.
XD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 am
I normally try to be in character when with friend, for photos, the parade and the cosplay contest evaluation, but I know I need to draw a line at times.

Next week I'mma do Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter, not much to do there other than try to do silly fighting poses for pics, for the evaluation though, I'mma be the fighting game fail, I hope I don't hurt my neck doing his super taunt XD

Next day I'm doing the perverted Doctor from Nighshift Nurses along with my girlfriend as Kodama, so being from a hentai, we need to NOT be 100% in character XD I'mma try to give off a perverted aura for the pictures, and we're working on preparing the act for the contest evaluation and another much shorter one for the parade. We need to keep it PG 13 XD  

SakuraRico

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:41 pm
Copy/pasted from the "Being TOO in character" thread, just in case <.< XD
Quote:
I was cosplaying a Dr. Ryuji Hirasaka from Nightshift Nurses at Kaisen this last saturday. I lived the part of my character when this Miku Hatsune girl passed out from heat stroke, and I was the one who responded.

Her friend is fanning her while she is on the "bleachers" of the colloseum. I'm drinking a gatorade, when I walk up to them and ask them if everything if alright. She just tells me "She fainted". I dropped everything I had and ran to get the security team and the organizers, since the medical team had already left.

I had taken First Aid classes with the best professor I could find. I actually remembered some of the things to do in case of heat stroke, and I started yelling out orders to everyone. "Bring the cold packs from the snack bar!!!" " Bring a gatorade" "find ice for some water!" " Cut the power to the stage and plug in the fan!!!" "Bring the cooler lids and fan her!!!" " Cold Packs to her neck, armpits and crotch area (That last one I asked her female friend to do)" , and so on.

I was with them until the paramedics took her into the ambulance, where they took care of the girl. The people responsible for her, two 18 year old girls, I told them steps to follow and what to do and so on. Everybody thought I was a real doctor O_O

Looking back on it, it was fun actually, the organizers even told me "Never thought you'd play the part of a doctor, you butcher!" (I studied culinary arts...)

Interesting times....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:46 pm
You could say its a 50-50 thing. Its great to see a cosplayer represent the character they are dressed up as, but of course they should also be themselves and enjoy what they are doing. C:  

l krysta l

master_of_hiban

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:32 am
I'm going to be doing my first cosplay in October and I would really like to be able to stay in character. I've done my homework as far as behavior, so we'll see how it goes!  
-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff