Being "One of the guys" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

forever a fawn

Magic Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:29 pm
@ PANDA reading a BOOK: I never really thought of the awkward factor. Nice name too btw.

@ LibraryFairy11: Yeah. It's getting easier realizing that it doesn't really matter if I have one of them as a boyfriend, at least I have a lot of really great friends.

Kizume-Chan: I hate girly clothes. xD
And I know how you feel. People always do that to me and my best friend. Then we both get really quiet and awkward.
And thanks. Oh, gosh no. Fangirls are scary.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm
it's so much fun being half "one of the guys" and half "just a girl"
hahah smile
I have some guy friends and some girl friends and it's pretty much "hey let's all just hang out in a huge group instead of separating the guys and girls"

it is a bit hard to be more on the "one of the guys" side. a lot of guys are just like "oh we're just really close friends, we'd never get together" and I sit there and think "what if I wanted to get with you...?"

you just gotta be yourself though! I've noticed that when anything changes about a girl, a guy will notice it pretty quickly. Plus, you'll know that they can tell because they'll either ask about it or give you a funny look.... or both
I've worn something girly once this school year (a skirt for nerd day), and just like that -- weird looks. all around.

also, getting the courage to ask someone out isn't too hard. I did it for the first time this year and it felt so good, even though he said no. I felt so accomplished for actually trying, that the answer didnt bother me. It surprised me when I realized that he didn't even tell anyone about the awkward moment...
Just make sure no one else is around, it's much easier that way.  

mikyan

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Cx27

9,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:09 pm
I consider myself pretty much of a girly girl. However, I do have my own ideas and ways.
I go to a small school, we have about 200 guys and 15 girls, but I can't get along with most of those girl. It automatically makes me friends with a lot of guys at school. I flirt a lot and some flirt back as well but to most of them I am 'the cool female friend.'
Being me I sometimes drag them into 'girly' conversations and they tell me all sorts of information and gossip.
If there is one thing I learned from them is that they hardly ever notice when a girl likes them and that they are dead scared of telling a girl they like her.
The other way around, I sometimes talk to them about my love issues. Most of the times they even seem to enjoy it and the things they say, even though it's mostly teasingly, can be real eye-openers for me.

So practically, my advice would be to talk about it with maybe a few of your guy friends. They might be able to help you out a little.
Also, flirting takes a lot courage and confidence to be noticed well. But even with the tinyest bit of slightly romantic eye contact it could make a difference. So don't automatically think your flirts will go unnoticed, it depends on the guy and on timing.

I'm pretty sure that you will eventually have that connection or feeling with a guy that you or him might break the ice and just start to date. From that point on everything will be a lot easier.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:44 pm
I know how that feels, because I grew up with most of the guys, and I'm friends with the ones I didn't grow up with, too. Yet, I can get a boyfriend, idk why, maybe because I'm friends with lots of girls. But I like having them being totally honest with me. They can curse all they want, blow off steam, everything, they know I don't mind, and it feels good knowing I'm not like every other girl. All my other friends (the girls) just have crushes on (or are going out with) guys. Having friends that are girls also means that I'm not called a wh0re. xD  

Artists Love Forever

xxblah_girlxx

Friendly Poster

7,500 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:54 am
Being an engineering student, I'm always surrounded by guys lol. I fit in with the nerdiness of the people ive met, I feel like I'm one of the guys in that respect.
I've always loved having guys as friends, its so much more friendly and much less controversial and bitchy (as with my high school friends..), and I find we have things in common.

I'm pretty sure lately a couple have seemed to be rather attracted to me.. Not sure if it's because they're amazed that there's a girl in engineering (lol there are a couple other girls in our big "group" at uni), they think its nifty that we have so much in common, they think im cute, or they think im cute because i'm a girl acting like a guy.

In any way, I'm sure it'll work out just fine for you ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:34 pm
xxblah_girlxx
Being an engineering student, I'm always surrounded by guys lol. I fit in with the nerdiness of the people ive met, I feel like I'm one of the guys in that respect.
I've always loved having guys as friends, its so much more friendly and much less controversial and bitchy (as with my high school friends..), and I find we have things in common.

I'm pretty sure lately a couple have seemed to be rather attracted to me.. Not sure if it's because they're amazed that there's a girl in engineering (lol there are a couple other girls in our big "group" at uni), they think its nifty that we have so much in common, they think im cute, or they think im cute because i'm a girl acting like a guy.

In any way, I'm sure it'll work out just fine for you ^^
User Image
Questing a Embarrassed Dream

Aw. Good luck with your engineering.
And thanks.

@ Artists Love Forever: You're right. I do like knowing that they don't feel like they have to watch themselves around me.

User Image

forever a fawn

Magic Fairy

forever a fawn

Magic Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 pm
KittyGirlxD
it's so much fun being half "one of the guys" and half "just a girl"
hahah smile
I have some guy friends and some girl friends and it's pretty much "hey let's all just hang out in a huge group instead of separating the guys and girls"

it is a bit hard to be more on the "one of the guys" side. a lot of guys are just like "oh we're just really close friends, we'd never get together" and I sit there and think "what if I wanted to get with you...?"

you just gotta be yourself though! I've noticed that when anything changes about a girl, a guy will notice it pretty quickly. Plus, you'll know that they can tell because they'll either ask about it or give you a funny look.... or both
I've worn something girly once this school year (a skirt for nerd day), and just like that -- weird looks. all around.

also, getting the courage to ask someone out isn't too hard. I did it for the first time this year and it felt so good, even though he said no. I felt so accomplished for actually trying, that the answer didnt bother me. It surprised me when I realized that he didn't even tell anyone about the awkward moment...
Just make sure no one else is around, it's much easier that way.
User Image
Questing a Embarrassed Dream

I hate the "We're just friends" It sucks. D: And I asked out a guy in 5th grade. He shot me down, and I've been too nervous to do it again.

@ Cx27: Thanks. Your advice is quite helpful. <3

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 pm
I act like a guy to.
I burp like a guy does.
My parents think it's disgusting when I eat around but I never picked up a snake.
I hate snakes alot but I am on a dark side right now.

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100

viper_353

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:11 pm
Haha, what kittygirl said is so true. If you wear something pretty on a day, or do your hair different....any guy who's your friend will automatically notice.
I don't have this problem so much because I hang out with a mix of guys and girls (we're still in highschool right now, and in a highschool where it's more common to do that, so it often works out), but I have a lot of close guy friends. And I've noticed that even though I hang out with them like we're just all friends, they do notice things about me, like any makeup I wear, different clothes. They encourage me when I wear nice things!
Haha, and yes I have definatley had that problem. Where you're just too close friends with a guy for them to ever seriously consider it? Hate that soooo much!
If you flirt with them, do it loud and proud! They're guys, really they probably expect that from you at some point or would just find it funny if they didn't take you seriously!
Most guys are okay with girls doing girly things, and they like thinking that you can feel pretty while still being YOU around them! (and from what I've learned all guys think girls ENJOY dressing up pretty every day! Little do they know how much of a hassle it is!!!!)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:53 am
You might treat all guys the same.
Guys are, for the most part, oblivious.
Flirt with the guy you like. Pay more attention to him than your other boy pals. Do your hair different when you hang out with him. Guys, while being oblivious, do notice small stuff like that.
Guys like strong girls, those that don't scream and faint when they see a mouse. On the flip side, they like thinking they're a machomacho man. Let a crush "save" you once and awhile. Ask him to smush that big scary spider. "Forget" your lunch money and complain subtly about it (if you know he has cash regularly...if not he'll just feel down about it. And definitely only do it once. herr.)
Oh, and definitely boost his ego.
Compliment his clothes, car, hair, biceps, etc.
Men love that, but be sincere..XD
(Don't compliment his abs when, you know, he has none..)

So basically you don't have to be girly to get a guy.
A lot of it is letting a guy you like know that you see him differently than the rest of your friends.
And that, while you aren't a damsel in distress, you appreciate his manlihood. ;]

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

forever a fawn

Magic Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:40 pm
User Image
Thanks everyone. heart

AstridMiriam: Same here.
Nice siggy too, btw.

viper: You guys are right. biggrin I think I'm gonna do that. I've been trying different things with my hair lately. I hope people notice.

imaprettyrainbow: Understood. Thanks for the advice.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:00 pm
I have a brother who I hang around a lot, and I have a bunch of friends who are guys. I squish bugs with my bare hands, or just stomp on them. I don't really come across snakes at all, so you can tell I'm not picking them up... Other than that, you could say I'm one of the guys, too. And I have had a couple dudes crush on me... so I think I'll give you some advice with this.

Just be yourself, pretty much. Guys do not like it when people act fake around them. So you really don't want to change yourself for a guy. You don't want to act the way you aren't, so if you start getting all girly, damsel-in-distress-y all the time, they could think of you as just another girl. So just take things simply. Like, if you usually pull back your hair, wear it down a couple times. But like imaprettyrainbow said, guys like being the macho-man. You should let him be the tough guy, but not to where you are acting so weak in front of him, like squealing because of a small spider.

I hope I could help you a little.  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

forever a fawn

Magic Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:25 am
101cookies
I have a brother who I hang around a lot, and I have a bunch of friends who are guys. I squish bugs with my bare hands, or just stomp on them. I don't really come across snakes at all, so you can tell I'm not picking them up... Other than that, you could say I'm one of the guys, too. And I have had a couple dudes crush on me... so I think I'll give you some advice with this.

Just be yourself, pretty much. Guys do not like it when people act fake around them. So you really don't want to change yourself for a guy. You don't want to act the way you aren't, so if you start getting all girly, damsel-in-distress-y all the time, they could think of you as just another girl. So just take things simply. Like, if you usually pull back your hair, wear it down a couple times. But like imaprettyrainbow said, guys like being the macho-man. You should let him be the tough guy, but not to where you are acting so weak in front of him, like squealing because of a small spider.

I hope I could help you a little.
User Image
Thanks everyone. heart

That is actually really helpful. Everyone's been really helpful.
And guess what? I've been talking to this guy, and we've been flirting and stuff. Cross your fingers for me. I really like him. heart

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:15 am
wish you luck  

LibraryFairy11

forever a fawn

Magic Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:26 pm
User Image
Thanks everyone. heart

Thanks. :3
We've been all flirty. I don't know if it's flirting, flirting, or just the playful kind though. >3<

User Image

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces