Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
Awkward Con Questions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:50 pm
Back Stabbin Betty
"Wanna touch my hard-on?" - Femme Ash Ketchum

(She actually had a strap on in her jeans and a slut pikachu on a leash. It was very much a WTF.)
Wow insteresting.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:54 pm
Kyoko5075
smithers456
I don't know if this is considered awkward but I found it interesting:

At a con last year I was Cosplaying Syaoran (Tsubasa Chronicles) and I was in character. I came across a Princess Serenity Cosplayer (Sailor Moon) and asked her in character if she saw Princess Sakura. She responded in character that my princess was in another kingdom. I was crushed crying .

Oh, I like the proposing reply's. I was at Star Trek Cons in the past where people proposed to each other.

I think that's amusing...could be partially because I'm a Princess Sakura cosplayer myself and I can never find Syaoran. The cons I go to need a larger Tsubasa fan-base, it's quite sad actually.

I have gone to both Youmacon and Jafax conventions (Both in Michigan) and have yet to see any other Tsubasa Cosplayers. It would be nice to see some. What cons have you Cosplayed Sakura at?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:40 pm
smithers456

I have gone to both Youmacon and Jafax conventions (Both in Michigan) and have yet to see any other Tsubasa Cosplayers. It would be nice to see some. What cons have you Cosplayed Sakura at?

I usually go to Anime Boston so I'm a little far from you. We actually have a few Fais and Sakuras but I've only seen one Kurogane and NEVER a Syaoran. None of my friends read or watch Tsubasa so I can't really bug them to cosplay it with me either. But I plan on doing various outfits from the art book and series over the next few years.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:47 pm
When I was in the bathroom at Anime Boston this year there was a guy cosplaying as Sakura from CardCaptor Sakura (the pink and black kitty outfit) and he asked one of my friends if they knew who he was. Now mind you this was guy in the girls room.
about half a minute later he asked if his tail was ok and wanted me to help him fix it. sweatdrop  

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100

Starchan13

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:16 pm
I always feel bad when I say no to people who want to hug me at cons... crying It's not awkward question but it becomes one...I'm sorry everyone!! >_<  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:47 pm
Is that weird?  

Starchan13

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 pm
Starchan13
Is that weird?
no it is not weird, some people just don't like hugs some just have other reasons, as I am sure you probably have your reasons.
Personally I don't mind random hugs as long as a person ask me before hand, I personally never ask for them never have probably never will. I have had an experience where my cosplay tore from hugs and people playing with the tail and such but I did not mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 am
One year when I was Safety staff at TEKKOSHOCON a guy asked me to write my name in his DEATH NOTE book. Even stranger a guy asked me for a hug two years ago.Those two come to mind...  

Heddy-oji

Aged Dabbler

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Son Goshi-kun

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 am
Heddy-oji
One year when I was Safety staff at TEKKOSHOCON a guy asked me to write my name in his DEATH NOTE book. Even stranger a guy asked me for a hug two years ago.Those two come to mind...

XD Strange things do happen at Tekko!

I was on staff there this year and somehow gained an admirer by doing so. Seriously! Sunday morning I got told by this guy (while I was on duty) that his friend drunkenly confessed that he never thought he'd see me again and told him to give me his business card.

Here's the kicker... I don't know if I actually met my admirer.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 pm
Working on staff there is always interesting things you catch. I know I've been hit on multiple times, and gone into evade mode on a few... they were awkward but to hard to describe (it was more of a awkward con conversation).  

MadHatterzMouse

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

teavo

Beloved Friend

7,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 am
its not super weird i was just super awkward...
i've had a few i think..
but...
i'll just say a few..
~
My sisters and i went to an anime convention in 2009 ( our first ) we were totally nervous about going cause ( omg! anime convention NERDS OMG ) but we have been going for every year since :> we really love it

ANYWAYS last day we decided to be KAWAII. I KNOW RIGHT>>>??
anyways some gangly kid comes over to me and my other sister "G" and says " omg, can i take a picture of your sister "H"....? i LOVE girls in skirts... "

BTW H is deaf... and im sure she was like " WTF "

idk we were convention noobs :"> JK we did at least months of research before going ;>
~
2ND one:
it was at GENCON 2009? i was 16 and just gotten out of a gaia panel (IKR i got inari's beasds i was pretty stoked )

i walk out and this guy stops me and says " uhm...we didn't talk but i was wondering if i could have your number..."

me being totally oblivious says " uh....mm...why? "

He then asks me how i am and i say " 16... "

HIS FACE WAS PRICELESS ( he was 21 ) dramallama
anyways, i got his gaia.and he ended up being really weird and creepy :<

3rd one

Gencon 2011...
TOTALLY WEARING SUPER CUTE OUTFIT OMGGGGG

older guy comes up to me and is like " omg you are so anime can i take a picture??? "

i personally don't enjoy having pictures taken of me when im NOT in COSPLAY..it really bothers me...but he didn't care and probably captured a picture of a frazzled girl trying to say " no " assertively

uhm...
maybe those aren't TOTALLY weird...they were just awkward moments for me...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 am
I was browsing the dealer's room once as Sasuke, and one of the dealers (I think from the Yaoi booth) asked if I wanted to be smacked by a Yaoi paddle. I agreed.  

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:15 am
HirotoSumi
I was browsing the dealer's room once as Sasuke, and one of the dealers (I think from the Yaoi booth) asked if I wanted to be smacked by a Yaoi paddle. I agreed.

Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

which Sasuke? Naurto or Sengoku BASARA?

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:52 pm
I was asked at I-Con 30 in New York "Do you wanna touch my pokeballs" by a pokemon cosplayer and he had a bucket of pokeballs!!! XD  

Cl3v3rRey

Fashionable Businesswoman

5,075 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Consumer 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
HirotoSumi

Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

which Sasuke? Naurto or Sengoku BASARA?

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Don't forget Samurai Deeper Kyo.  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items