Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
A Shot in the Dark [4E] - Recruitment 7/6 ---FULL--- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:57 am
@ Nayr/Fish:
You're in. mrgreen

@ Mackie/Arc:
I'm accepting people on a first come first serve basis, so sorry but we're full. sad This thread got a lot more interest than I thought it would, so I'm going to update it to allowing 7 PC's. You two can decide among yourselves which guy gets the final spot. Either way, I've put you both on the backup players list, so you'll be first to know when the game needs new characters.

@ Merc/Fish/Mackie:
Sorry but as it says in the first post, those races are banned. sweatdrop

joe-dude667
As for races, I'll only be accepting ones from PHB1-3 and omitting Deva, Shifter, Wilden and Shardmind. This is a city with no access to the outside world after all.

Though after thinking about it, I'm going to go ahead and let Warforged enter the fray. This is a slighly steampunk city, and it seems to fit. =) So Mackie, your character is fine. Fish you can make a Warforged, but sorry no Changeling. And Merc, I'm afraid there are no Drow in this city.

@ Everyone:
Wow, this game filled up fast! Just when I thought the guild was dying. Cheers for putting up character sheets already. I can't audit them yet since this isn't my laptop and I don't have any books on me at the moment, but I'll be able to do that later on tonight. If you haven't even started thinking of a character yet, no rush. As I said, this game won't be starting til August.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:15 am
Oh! You're right. That'll teach me to brainstorm a character while trying to do that many other things at once.

Ah, well. Leaves plenty of other untread ground to test out still.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:36 am
Missed that some how. Oh well, the character will still mostly be the same.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:00 am
OK. I'll let Arc have it, then.  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:38 am
Man, I really love the backstory on Rain's character- AND I like the idea of keeping track of encounters, not just action points. I know I've lost track in DCE, a counter won't hurt in the future.

Looking at it, the party seems fairly balanced, so I'm thinking I might try some sort of leader or controller to help streaminline things- and because those classes are usually pretty good for skills and utility, which isn't a terrible thing to have a spare member covering.

I'll admit I keep wanting to make a seeker with a rifle, but having a crossbow ranger and making for two characters having to explain that whole city-bound with nature powers thing would seem a little awkward. Druid faces the same problem but could probably hit up a very interesting theme, and I could always fall back on adding some kind of warforged warlock or rune preist with things carved into him. Hmmm.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 am
Done, here is Schneider, Paladin of Pelor.

I should also mention, he wears goggles. I should find a suitable pic of him. Good thing Warmachine and Iron Kingdoms exists!  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Felix Jude Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:42 pm
backgrounds put in and bonus installed, AS MY QUESTION ABOUT BACKGROUNDS WASN'T ANSWERED.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm
@Mackie - Could I work you into my background? Add a bit of conflict between our characters? I'll do it anyway, but if you don't like it, tell me and I whill change it ^^

Character coming soon  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:11 pm
Here she is, Taedra the Heartseeker Vol The backgrounds pretty long, but I got into it ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:14 pm
Oddly enough, having trouble deciding on a race, and, consequently, a build. Human or Half-Orc, for the race. If the latter, obviously a BS Rogue. Human could go either way.  

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:11 pm
Mercenary of Chaos
Oddly enough, having trouble deciding on a race, and, consequently, a build. Human or Half-Orc, for the race. If the latter, obviously a BS Rogue. Human could go either way.

Roll for it! ^o^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:22 pm
Psychofish
I'll admit I keep wanting to make a seeker with a rifle, but having a crossbow ranger and making for two characters having to explain that whole city-bound with nature powers thing would seem a little awkward. Druid faces the same problem but could probably hit up a very interesting theme, and I could always fall back on adding some kind of warforged warlock or rune preist with things carved into him. Hmmm.

I keep forgetting that you've never played Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

Bone Gnawers (a breed of city garou) are fun. Also, they can make stew gumbo out of anything! ANYTHING!

Needless to say, its not that hard to work in a Primal character in a city environment, if you work around it. You can call your seeker powers "technology" if you want. Special ammo, and whatnot. smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Saccharine Venom rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 pm
Rain Yupa
Mercenary of Chaos

Roll for it! ^o^

Oh, fine, you convinced me.

1 = Human/AD, dual daggers.
2 = Human/AD, rapier/dagger.
3 = Human/BS, rapier/dagger.
4 = Half-orc/BS, Rapier/dagger.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:39 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart

I should also mention, he wears goggles. I should find a suitable pic of him. Good thing Warmachine and Iron Kingdoms exists!

Supernal and Abyssal cannot be starting languages sad  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:46 pm
Rain Yupa
Keith Valken Lionheart

Supernal and Abyssal cannot be starting languages sad
Dang shame... how am I supposed to talk with mah homie, Pelor?! Ah well, changing it. Thanks fer the heads-up, Rain.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff