Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:23 am
02/21/06

spookyx7
Aspen watched her sleep. He hoped she was ok, he would always worried about her.

Ivy laughed at the two, "You two are really silly. I bet you keep your parents on their toes." She smiled and eyed them both.

Teigra
Takeko cringed, waking up. Something was wrong... "Aspen..." she whispered, reaching again for his hand. She groped about, eyes closed in pain as she clutched her stomach. "Aspen...I think it's time..."

Kane was about to snap back with a smart remark at last when his eyes suddenly darted towards the door. Something was happening...he could sense it...

Cabel sensed nothing of course and busied himself with giving Ivy another spontaneous hug.

spookyx7
"It is?" He ran to the door, "MOM!" He knew that she would be helpful in this situation. He went back to Takeko and took her hand, "I'm here, what do you want me to do?"

Ivy watched Kane run and then heard her son's cry. "Cabel, you may want to stay here, but I need to attend to you Mother." She set him down and then ran to the room. She smiled at her worried son, "Don't worry, it won't be long now."

Teigra
Takeko whimpered slightly, squeezing his hand. "Just...stay here...with me..." Having never been through this before or talking to anyone who had, the poor angelic Pae had no idea what to expect. Though, with what Iris had said, perhaps no one did.

Kane walked slowly to the doorway, ears alert for the slightest sound.

Cabel scrambled over, trying to peer over Kane's shoulder, but staying put like Grandma had said. "What's going on?"

"Hmmph," Kane narrowed his eyes at the sounds he was picking up. "Looks like you'll be getting your wish sooner than you thought." He growled softly to himself. More little brats like Cabel. Wonderful. He shook his head slightly, ignoring Cabel's happy squeals.

spookyx7
Ivy held two squirming babies in her arms, "You are the proud parents of twins. A boy and a girl, congrats." Ivy had a tear run down her face and was smiling. She laid them on Takeko's lap.

"You did great. I love you!" He kissed her cheek and then smiled at the two moving forms. The first babies he had ever seen, they were gorgeous.

Teigra
Takeko smiled tiredly, leaning back against the pillows and taking her two darling babies into her arms. Twins! That explained a lot...she hadn't expected that. No wonder....and live birth rather than eggs? It was strange, but they were SO beautiful...

Smiling warmly, she turned and nuzzled Aspen's cheek. "I love you too, sweetheart." Glancing down, she chuckled. "We really are parents this time..." she mused softly.

spookyx7
Aspen stroked the two babies cheeks and then kissed them with a smile, "Yes, we are. Isn't it amazing?" He smiled and then put his arm around his new babies.

Ivy looked down at the two children, "Maybe we should leave these four. You can come back when you Mom rests." She ushered them out of the room, "Are you two hungry?"

Teigra
"It sure is," she smiled, snuggling into the family hug. Resting her head on Aspen's shoulder, she asked, "Have you thought about names?"

Cabel giggled, only catching a peek of the babies before being ushered out. "Aww...." Then the mention of food reached his ears. "Oh, yes! I'm hungry!" He waved his hand enthusiastically in the air.

Kane shrugged, leaning casually against the doorframe, arms crossed. "I guess..." He turned, following along. "Got any fish?"

spookyx7
"I don't know why, but the name Mei Lien comes to mind. What about you? Did you have a name going for one of these darlings?" Aspen waggled a finger in front of the female who tried to grab it slowly.

Ivy smiled and led them to the kitchen, "Well, no, I don't eat meat." She pulled out some apples and other fruits and quikly made a fruit salad. "Is there something else you would like?"

Teigra
Takeko smiled. "That's a beautiful name!" She turned to the babies again, kissing the male's forehead, who nearly went cross-eyed trying to look at her, causing her to chuckle softly. "What do you think of the name...Saffron?"

Kane snarled in disgust, glancing towards the door. "Eh, no. Forget it. If I get hungry, I can always go get something myself." He wasn't all that hungry yet anyway. He'd had a good meal at Hula Bob's not long before he'd found this place.

Cabel tried to sneakily reach into the bowl, stealing a piece of fruit. Not really caring if he'd been seen or not, he happily nibbled on the slice of apple he'd managed to snatch.

spookyx7
Aspen smiled, "That's a nice name." Mei Lien finally grabbed his hand and stuck it in her mouth. Aspen burst out laughing, "They are so sweet."

"I'm sorry little one, would you like something to drink instead?" She felt bad, but she had never liked meat. Did Chae have some? Maybe she should look. She went to the cupboard and left the bowl for Cabel to eat out of.

Teigra
Takeko watched Mei Lien and laughed. "Or at least hungry. One or the other," she teased, cuddling her sweet little 'bundles of joy.'

Kane shrugged, "Water's fine, if you must." This woman needed to stop going out of her way for him. He didn't need anything he couldn't get himself. She should just worry about herself...and maybe Cabel.

Cabel grinned, digging into the bowl of fruit with both hands, picking out his favorite pieces.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:21 pm
02/22/06

spookyx7
"That they could be." Aspen laughed and waggled his finger with Mei Lien attatched. He then smiled at Saffron and stroked his cheek.

"Only water? Ok." Ivy got some water and put the galss in front of Kane. "I could bake some cookies, if you both would like." She smiled as she watched Cabel eat. She popped a piece of apple in her mouth and chewed.

Teigra
Takeko laughed, snuggling against Aspen. "He looks like you," she pointed out, nodding to Saffron.

Kane took the glass and sipped slowly. This was enough for him anyway.

Cabel looked up, tilting his head in curiosity. "Cookies? What are those? Are they tasty?" The Fae child's diet had been limited so far to fruits and veggies and the like. Nothing sweeter than fruit as of yet.

spookyx7
"You think so? I think he's to colorful and pretty to look like me." He chuckled and then looked at Mei Lien, "Mei Lien looks like her Mommy."

Ivy smiled, "Cookies are really good. I have a few." She jpulled some chocolate chip cookies out of a cupboard and passed a few out to the children. "Try one."

Teigra
Takeko chuckled, turning and kissing his cheek. "Oh you..." She grinned, stroking Mei Lien's cheek. "She has my markings at least..."

Kane eyed the 'cookie' warily for a moment before picking it up and taking a tentative nibble. Wow...sweet. He blinked, chewing for a minute. He supposed he could get used to the sweetness. Seems a lot of the things Paes ate leaned towards the sweet side, so he'd have to get used to some of them. Doesn't mean they'd EVER get him to eat those 'vegetable' things. No rabbit food for him.

Cabel, on the other hand, took one bite of the first cookie and began happily 'inhaling' the rest of them. "Mmmph, these are good!" he paused just long enough to say around a mouthful of cookie. Perhaps...sugar wasn't the best thing to give Cabel...

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am
02/27/06

(Kane, Maya, Zephyros, and Quinn)

-----

Maya sauntered up to her brother, her fairy wings shimmering in the sunlight. "I was worried about you, big brother." She sniffled and plopped down beside him, trying not to cry tears of joy.

Zephyros looked over at her. "I just went for a walk, crybaby."

Maya frowned. She didn't like to be called that.

Quinn ignored the two younger teens and watched the aions play in the water.

Kane panted slightly, springing nimbly from one branch to the next, never stopping to rest or even pausing to think about his next move. Everything was instinct. Branch. Leap. Land. Branch. Leap again.

He'd finally escaped both Cabel and the crazy woman with the 'cookies,' striking out into the forest for a while to be alone. It wasn't long before he'd started feeling strange and next thing he new, he was taller...lankier, but stronger. He decided to test this new form and he had to admit, he was pleased so far. He had pushed himself far past anything he had been able to do before and he was barely feeling it.

Smirking, he leapt out of the last tree, falling about ten feet and landing in a crouch on all fours on the beach. Nice workout, but he knew he could handle more than that. He'd become the deadliest hunter in the entire forest one day. Nothing could challenge him. He stood slowly, stretching to his new height and heading for the water. He was a little warm from that workout...maybe a nice dip would do the trick.

He was quick to notice the crowd of Paes on the beach, but decided to ignore them unless he absolutely had to deal with them. They weren't worth his precious time.

Being ignored, Maya wiped a tear from her eye and glanced toward the trees. Something blue? What in the world was that? She stared outright in curiousity.

Kane glanced to the side, feeling eyes upon him. His eyes swept over the Fae femme and he snarled quietly to himself. Not another one of those things...were they everywhere? Cabel was bad enough...would this one prove to be just as obnoxious? Well, he didn't intend to find out if he had anything to say about it. He narrowed his eyes, glaring at her for a moment before whirling about and heading for the water's edge. Who was she to sit there and STARE at him anyway? HIM? Well...perhaps he couldn't blame her...he was rather intimidating...

Maya tilted her head in confusion. It seemed this blue Pae was... inner monologuing? She thought she caught the slight twitch of his mouth at times, but then again it may have just been a mirage; the bright sun was not good for the fae in large doses. She stood and retreated to the shade of a tree a few yards away from the interesting new Pae.

Ignoring the pesky Fae for now, Kane set his sights on the water, looking cool and refreshing on this warm day, especially after his earlier workout. He grinned, dropping to all-fours instinctually as he ran, leaping into the water with a splash. He rose, water dripping from his hair as he shook it out, actually tempted to laugh for once in his life. Okay, this was nice...no one around to bother him either.

Maya stifled a giggle. The bluey Pae looked funny with his hair sticking to him like that.

Kane ran his fingers through his hair, making sure it was all out of his face. Well, that was refreshing. He stalked back up onto the beach, shaking himself dry like some sort of animal, leaving his hair looking more like it did normally in fact. He smirked, looking about. This place wasn't so bad afterall if no one else was around to bother you.

Maya giggled. This new dude was amusing. She played with the end of her braid and continued to giggle.

Kane looked up, still feeling uncomfortable like he was being watched. That FAE! She was STILL staring at him! Growling, he whirled about, stalking over like a hunting beast; slow and deliberate, with a sort of feral grace. "Alright you," he spat. "You got a frickin' problem or something?" He hissed softly, growing tired of this pest.

Maya's smiled turned into a frown. She didn't like it when people were mean to her. "No... You don't have to be so mean." She sniffled, looking up at him with her bright blue eyes that were now a bit glassy.

Kane arched an eyebrow. He wasn't exactly expecting this sort of response. He crossed his arms angrily, growling. "You're the one who was staring at me. And I can do whatever I damn well please. You got a problem with THAT, missy?"

"N-no," Maya whimpered as a tear ran down the side of her face. "I just wanted to be your friend." She covered her face with her hands, trying to restrain her tears.

Kane growled, glaring. It wasn't any fun to fight with someone who wasn't going to fight back. He rolled his eyes, snarling, "Oh, cut that crying out. That's pathetic. It's not like I hurt you or anything. Though I could..." He added the last line quietly, smirking to himself. What was wrong with Faes? Strange things...

Maya sniffled and wiped her eyes. "You hurt my feelings. I just wanted to be friends."

"Feelings?!?" Kane scoffed. What a stupid concept. "That's absurd. You're a weird one, I'll give you that." He crouched, looking her in the eye, balanced lightly on his toes. "You just need to grow up. Act your age. You're not a child anymore, are you? Then stop acting like one."  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:49 am
04/30/06

Hmm...something very strange is going on. There are these crazy poster things all over my forest, directing Paes to gather in some old city or something. Suppose I'd better check it out at least. See if it's anything interesting, ya' know? I guess I'll write in here if I find anything worthwhile.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2825184

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:25 pm
06/17/06

Built-In Cat Toys?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=3682221

((ACTIVE / IN PROGRESS))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:06 pm
10/30/06

Strange Pearls?

Teigra
Further down the shoreline, in a more secluded section of a beach, a certain demonic Pae was making a rare appearance as he finished off a meal of small, but tasty, fish. Tossing the bones aside, he hurriedly washed his hands in the water, eager to retreat to his forest once more.

However, something shiny just out of the corner of his eye caught his attention and he turned, creeping closer slowly. Something was buried in the sand it seemed. Pawing at it experimentally, he discovered that the object was hard and round, or so he guessed. Brushing away the built up sand, he hefted the small ball-like object curiously. It fit comfortably in the palm of his hand and seemed perfectly round and smooth. Almost unnaturally so.

Frowning, Kane wondered if maybe this thing might be something good to eat. It had come from the water, right? Like fish? Didn't seem alive though. Hmm... He lifted the object to his mouth, experimentally biting down to test it. Ow! Okay, bad idea! Rubbing his jaw, he glared at the pearl as if this were somehow its fault. Stupid thing. Fine, so it wasn't food.

Flopping down in the sand, his retreat into the safety of the forest forgotten, Kane studied this strange, intriguing object more closely. Shaking it, his ear twitched at a slight sloshing noise. There was water inside? Or some other liquid at least. He shook it again, holding it to his ear afterwards. Instead of hearing the liquid slosh about inside, however, he was shocked to hear a soft humming noise. Pulling the pearl away from his ear, he stared at it in awe. What in all of Telrunya was this thing?

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:38 pm
10/31/06

Teigra
Still puzzled by the strange "pearl," Kane had taken to tapping at it with an over-long fingernail, almost absentmindedly. The soft, rhythmic tapping faded into the background as his mind turned this mystery over and over, never seeming to get anywhere with his musings. Listing the facts again to himself, he tried to connect the pieces in some sort of sense.

So, it wasn't food. That much was obvious by the aching in his jaw. It seemed full of water or some other liquid, but when held to the ear, the crazy thing hummed! Perfectly smooth and round, it looked like one of the most perfect pearls ever created, but it was too big for that, right? Plus, there was the sloshing and humming to consider.

What in all hell WAS this thing?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:42 pm
11/14/06

Torvil
Jomund whipped his brow and lowered the axe. Last chore of the day, and it had to be the hardest one. He eyed the line in the tree where his axe had been biting in, and sighed. Not all that deep yet. Not deep at ALL! Letting the axe rest head down he leaned on the haft, groaning as he rolled his tired shoulders. His arms were going to be SO bloody sore tomorrow. He wanted to crack his knuckles so bad, but as sore and beat up as they were from planing that flowerbox, he was afraid to. The sweat was stinging them too under the wrapping. Shaking his head he picked up the axe again, and started to wail at the tree again.

He was really starting to hate wood...

What Jomund did not know, was that he was being watched. Not by one pae, but two. Twins, their eyes focused on the deep purple figure that was off in the distance. Their caretaker had stopped off to the side of the path of the forest to try and feed them, and found that they would have nothing of his baby food, but they did seem to enjoy his roast beef, so he was feeding them that.

Teigra
High in the trees, a dark blue blur raced through the foliage, leaping from branch to branch effortlessly. Eyes narrowed and scanning the ground for possible prey, Kane was hungry. It had been some time since he'd had a decent meal and he knew he'd have to eat soon or he wouldn't have the energy to hunt at all. Last resort, he'd head for the lake to catch some fish. Suddenly, he halted, perched precariously on a branch on all-fours with ears twitching. What was that sound? Prey...or something else?

Torvil
Thwack, THWACK, THWACK! Jomund was really wailing into the tree with the axe, grunting with each strike against the tree. It was a pain in the butt was what it was, but it had to be done, once he felled the tree he was going to have to strip it, and once it was stripped he'd get it ready to haul all the way back to the mountain. He had no idea how strong his grandfather thought he was, but he was having doubts about his ability to lug this tree there.

Teigra
Kane frowned, eyes narrowed as he glared into the distance. The sound was rhythmic...and annoying. His ear twitched in annoyance as he lifted his head to sniff the wind. Hmm...didn't smell like prey. Nothing tasty at least. But his curiosity was peaked. Normally, the feline-esque demonic Pae wouldn't waste energy on something that wasn't food, but he had to check out this strange sound. Changing direction, he darted off through the foliage again, moving in nearly perfect silence.

It wasn't long before he came upon the other Pae'il...attacking a tree? What in Telrunya...? Why would someone attack a tree? You couldn't eat them. Looked like a waste of energy. Forgetting his usual anti-social nature for his overwhelming curiosity, Kane crept slowly down the tree, settling on a lower branch where he could see better. Nope, still didn't seem to make sense.

Torvil
Jomund put the axe down and sighed. "Ugh..." He rolled his shoulder again, and then kicked the tree, which seemed to be as sturdy and undamaged as ever. "GAH! YOU STUPID TREE!" Jomund groaned and rested his forehead on the haft of the axe. "Meh whatever... food break..." He let the axe fall and moved over to a metal pail which held some samwiches.

Teigra
Kane let out a chuckle that sounded more like a growl. Yelling at a tree? And kicking it? Maybe this Pae was crazy. Would explain why he was doing something as pointless as attacking a tree. At least the silly thing was amusing to watch. Following the Pae's movement with sharp eyes, Kane wondered what he could be up to now.

That was when the wind shifted. The scent was unfamiliar...but undeniably recognizable at the same time. Food!

Growling softly, Kane wasted no time in leaping silently from the tree, crouching in the bushes on all-fours as he watched cautiously. Hungry though he may be, he wasn't stupid. He might have to fight for the food if the male Pae decided to make an issue of it. And he might be foolish, but his earlier actions showed that he wasn't without strength. Kane wasn't eager to take on another full-grown male face-to-face if he didn't have to. Waste of energy, you know.

Tail twitching, Kane began circling, finally making his presence known as he emerged from the bushes. Wings flared to make himself seem more intimidating, he hoped to make the other male give up without a fight so he could take the food all for himself.

Torvil
Jomund looked up and blinked. "Oh... Hello..." He chuckled and picked up a samwich. "What are you doing around these parts sir?" He shook his head and started to munch on the samwich.

Teigra
Kane hissed softly, hesitating. This hadn't been exactly what he'd expected from the other male. His pose faltered, if only for a moment, before he flared his wings to their full span, ears lying flat against his skull. Guess this Pae didn't understand the obvious message he was sending. Fine. He'd have to try another method. One he hadn't used in a while.

"You," Kane growled, his voice rough from disuse. "Hand over the food and no one gets hurt."

Torvil
Jomund rolled his eyes and sighed. "Hey look dude, I'll share but no way am I goning to give you all of this stuff." He picked out another samwich and held it out to Kane. "Here."

Teigra
Blinking, Kane tilted his head in confusion. Normally, his pride as a predator wouldn't allow him to accept an 'offer' from another. He needed to 'hunt and kill' his own meal. But...it had been a while since he'd last eaten and he really didn't have the energy for a scuffle. Growling, mostly at himself, he crept forward slowly, still wary that this might be a trap. Afterall, he didn't know this Pae at all...who said he wouldn't attack as soon as he got near? He was a little strange.

As soon as he got within arm's length, he reached out and snatched the sandwich from the other's hand, scurrying back a few steps before sitting down to eat. He hunched over his 'kill' eating quickly while keeping an eye on the strange one. Couldn't be too careful.

Torvil
Jomund finished his samwhich and pulled out another, starting to eat it watching Kane. "So... What's your name? I'm Jomund," He smiled and bowed his head. This guy was kind of strange.

Teigra
Kane raised an eyebrow curiously. Weird one, no doubt. Nevertheless...

"Kane," he snapped, still not used to this 'talking' thing again. After so many months alone in the forest, doing nothing but hunting and eating...socializing with other Pae'il wasn't high on his list of things to do.

Something else was odd about this guy though. Other than the obvious, of course. He sniffed the air again. Something about his scent. It was vaguely familiar...but not. Finally, he just blurted his thoughts aloud. "You know a guy called Aspen?"

Torvil
Jomund chuckled. "Nice to meet you Kane," He held out another samwich to him and nodded his head. "Yeah I know him, he's my brother..." Jomund sighed and shook his head. "Not that I've seen him in ages," He laughed and kept the samwich out there, smiling at him as he started to dangle it.

Teigra
Hmm...brother, eh? Maybe he could trust him...if only a bit. Then again, Kane hadn't had such good experience with 'brothers' now that he thought about it. He growled inadvertently, thinking of Cabel...'the thing.' Shaking his head, he focused on the food being offered. He was still hungry.

He crept up again, taking the sandwich a litte less violently this time and not backing away again. Instead, he just plopped down and started to eat, barbed tail swishing behind him. "Thought so," he blurted suddenly. "You smell like 'im."

Torvil
"Uh... Thank... you?" Wwwwwwweeeeeeiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrd! He didn't scoot away and chuckled, finishing off this samwich and pulled out another for himself. "So, what are you doing out and about? I myself was cutting down this tree to drag it and make some firewood for a furnace up there," He pointed up at To'ul.

Teigra
Even Kane couldn't resist a smirk. "Wasn't exactly a compliment. Just an observation." Just because Kane chose not to participate in conversation didn't mean he couldn't. He had an extensive vocabulary, even if he didn't use it often.

He shrugged, glad to hear that the crazy Pae had SOME reason for what he was doing. Firewood was something he understood, even if 'furnace' wasn't. He just usually picked his firewood up off the ground. On the rare occassion he used it anyway. Certainly made fish taste good, he'd learned. Especially with the right spices. That was one thing he'd learned from Takeko before taking off.

"Hunting, actually. I was hungry, but I guess this takes care of that," he quipped, finishing off the second sandwich, much to his stomach's delight. His curiosity took over again, curse it all, and he looked up at Jomund, head tilted. "What's a 'furnace'?"

Torvil
Jomund offered another samwich, he was full, but he didn't know if Kane was, and he had at least another four of them in here, and he was sure he wasn't going to eat them and he didn't want them to go to waste.

"Well, a furnace is like a stove, it creates heat, but in this case, I use it to make charcoal for my grandfather, you see, I'm working for him now," He chuckled and shook his head. "I decided I needed to take a new direction in my life, after er... yeah..."

Teigra
Kane was only too willing to take any food this guy didn't want. Easy 'prey' was a rare thing and one never knew when the food supply would dry up for a while. Those dry spells could be rough.

"Ah, okay. Not food then." Now that he knew what a furnace was, his curiosity was satisfied. He could care less about Jomund's life story. He wasn't like some of those 'wishy-washy, touchy-feely' Pae...like his adopted mother. Life was about survival, which meant finding enough food and water and protecting oneself from predators. Nothing else mattered.

"Don't worry. I don't wanna' know." He waved a free hand, eating slower now than he had been. "I'm assuming 'charcoal' isn't food either, right? So what's it good for?" With no idea why he was being so talkative, Kane leaned back against a tree, making himself more comfortable. Maybe it was the plentiful food making him relax his guard. Who knew?

Torvil
"It burns hotter than wood, and it make it so you can smelt iron and make steel," Jomund chuckled, pushing the metal bucket towards Kane so he didn't have to keep handing him samwiches. "My Grandfather uses it to make this metals so he can work them into tools, weapons, armor, other things," He shook his head slowly and let out a long sigh. "But this tree is just NOT wanting to come down."

Teigra
Kane nodded silently, not quite understanding ALL of that, but getting the general idea. "I see." Eyeing the tree expertly, the dark demon continued eating for a bit with a thoughtful air. After a while, he stood and walked over to the tree silently. He leaned in, baring one claw-like fingernail and poking at the area Jomund had been hacking earlier with the axe. Hmm...

Next, he reached up, trying to shake the top portion of the tree to test its strength. Shaking his head, he noted that it wasn't going anywhere...for now. Without a word, he picked up the axe and began hacking at the tree like he'd seen Jomund doing not long ago.

Torvil
Jomund blinked and just watched him. He stood up but didn't get anywhere near Kane.

Rule #1 of sharp objects being swung: Stay away from the guy swinging it!

"Hey, Kane, you really don't got to do that dude I got it covered," He chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Really, it's my job, I was just taking a dinner break, it's no sweat." He laughed.

Mainly he was jealous, Kane was acutally getting somewhere!

Teigra
Perhaps it was because of how little time he spent with other Paes, but Kane didn't realize his true strength was anything but normal in comparison. Of course, it wasn't anything drastically remarkable, but he did spend his time bounding through the trees and hunting down his own food. He depended on his physical strength and agility to survive. More than most Pae'il.

Closing one eye in reflex as a woodchip flew by his ear, Kane growled softly. "Forget it," he snapped, never losing rhythm. The demon wasn't one to stop once he'd started a task, but that wasn't the only issue. "You gave me food." he paused only long enough to gesture at the pail of sandwiches and adjust his hold on the axe before resuming work. "I don't owe anyone anything. Ever."

Torvil
Jomund raised his hands above his head and shurgged, shaking his head slowly. "Whatever dude, I wasn't like, expecting you to owe me or anything, I was just giving you food, you looked hungry," He laughed weakly shook his head. "I mean really, you don't have to do this..."

Teigra
"Meh, too late now," Kane responded with a trace of a smirk crossing his lips. He was rather starting to enjoy this project actually. It had been a long time since he'd had a chance to push his limits and test his strength. Well...since he'd ventured into Dragnid...but that had just been stupid. He wouldn't do that again.

But honestly, he hated to think he owed anyone anything. Hence, the reason why he never accepted offerings from others. Well, usually he didn't. So much for that, but he planned to make up for the charity.

Pausing to inspect the tree, Kane nodded expertly. Maybe he'd never done this before, but he knew a lot about the strength and integrity of trees. He practically lived in them afterall. It was knowledge necessary for survival. "You might wanna' stand back," he warned Jomund before setting the axe down. Taking a half-step back, he crouched and spread his wings with a leathery flutter. Now for a demonstration of his natural agility. He tensed his muscles before leaping, hitting the trunk with both hands and feet. His full weight caused the weakened trunk to bend, a loud crack echoing through the area. Immediately, Kane rebounded, whirling and leaping free, flaring his wings only after he was clear of the branches. The tree seemed to fall in slow motion, trunk splintering the rest of the way through where the two males had attacked it with the axe. Leaves and dirt swirled into the air as the trunk slammed into the ground.

Simultaneously, the demon Pae'il fell to earth, slowed only slightly by his wings. He landed in a deep crouch on all-fours, wings flared high in the air and head down. After a moment, he looked up with a feral smirk. THAT was how one took down a mighty foe.

Torvil
"JEBUS H. SONOFAGUN!" Jomund jumped away, swearing loudly as the tree nearly smashed him in the head. He grimaced and rubbed his head. Now came the FUN part.

He fished the axe out from under the fallen tree, and started to hack away at the boughs of the tree. "Thanks Kane, I owe you one dude!"

Teigra
Well, that was a new curse he hadn't heard before. Or used. Chuckling darkly, Kane stretched and shook his head. "I told you to forget it. Plus, that was kinda' fun," he admitted, that feral light still shining in his eyes. Something about unleashing his strength and power for such an impressive, if violent, result gave him a rush he hadn't felt in a long time.

If Jomund wanted a turn with the axe again, who was he to argue? Instead he stalked over to the pail with the grace of a predator, sitting down silently and leaning against the tree. Had to keep his strength up, right? He grabbed another sandwich from the pail and watched Jomund work, adrenaline still pumping through his system from his display.

Torvil
"Hey, if you ever feel like doing something like that again, just let me know, I can make you some more samwiches," He chuckled and shook his head, tossing the first bough away and moving to the next as he stripped the tree. "Though, I really should just do my own work from now on, but no reason I can't help you out with some food."

Teigra
Kane only smirked at the offer. "Well, I say as long as you get the work done, why should it matter HOW you got it done?" Shrugging dismissively, he crossed his arms, finished with the sandwiches for now. Too much food left one sleepy and vulnerable to attack. He'd already had more than he was used to. Hopefully, his athletic exertion would balance everything out.

His eyes were half-lidded, though he remained fully-aware of his surroundings. Keen sight wasn't his only gift. His sharp hearing and sense of smell could easily keep him from harm if necessary. Plus, he'd grown to trust Jomund...to an extent. Seemed like an okay guy afterall. He'd trust Jomund enough not to attack him at least. For Kane, that was saying a lot, especially for such a brief time. Free food went a long way to gaining the feral Pae's trust, however. The rhythmic blows of axe-on-wood echoed through the area, causing Kane's ear to twitch every once in a while. Interesting situation he'd gotten himself into here. When he'd set out in search of food earlier, he'd never imagined falling into a scene such as this.

Torvil
As Jomund continued to strip the tree he chuckled. "Well Kane, it kind of defeats the purpose of why I took the job," He laughed and shook his head. "Besides, I can't get any stronger if I don't work hard at it..." He sighed and finished stripping the tree, and looked over at the harness he had to drag the tree. "Hey, you up for a walk?"

Teigra
Opening one eye fully, he answered, "Eh, whatever. Suppose you have a point there though..." Rolling his neck, he stood and stretched. "Sure, why not?" He yawned, his wings fluttering before folding over his shoulders. "Time to drag that thing?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow. This was going to be interesting to see.

Torvil
Jomund chuckled. "Yeah, I have to drag it at least to the base of the mountain tonight..." He actually was going to chop it into pieces there and then cart all the logs up the mountain by flight, then crash for the night, and then work on his house tomorrow. This tree was large enough to supply a good weeks worth of wood to the furnace, so he was pretty sure he wouldn't have to worry about felling anymore for anything but his house, of course any extra could always be used to feed the flames.

He quickly slipped the harness on the bare trunk, then gathered up the boughs from the tree. They made excelant kindling for the fireplace in his temperary home, and the nights were chill up on the mountain top. Once he'd collected all the boughs he slipped on the carrying straps for the harness and started to walk.

The trunk slowly started to slide behind him.

This was going to take awhile...

Teigra
Kane merely watched, eyebrow raised. Seemed like a hell of a lot of work. Was it really worth it? What in Telrunya could be worth this much work?

He shook his head, eyes closed. These silly Pae'il and their 'houses' and such. The whole concept of buildings to live in and creating structures was lost on Kane. The forest and a sturdy tree was good enough for him. "You sure you're going to make it that far by nightfall?" Kane wondered aloud, watching Jomund's slow progress. He certainly doubted it. Sighing and shaking his head again, he couldn't believe what he was about to do...

"You sure I can't help somehow?"

...those must have been some damn good sandwiches.

Torvil
"Naw dude, it's kohser, I'm all good..." Jomund chuckeld a little and shook his head. In truth he would have loved the help, but his pride just wouldn't let him after Kane had kicked the trees a**. He needed to prove to himself that he was still... you know... manly.

"I'm sure I'll make it, and if I don't I'll just do my best in the dark. You should always finish what you start... and I intend to start doing that from now on..."

Teigra
Kane nodded sagely; it was a philosophy he believed in rather strongly himself. "Eh, works for me. 'S a good idea ya' got there," he commented idlly. In a way, he was relieved that Jomund had refused his help. What was he thinking, offering to...help...like that? For no good reason! He'd more than paid the guy back for a few sandwiches, so why'd he do it?

It worried him that he had no answer for that.

Torvil
Jomund laughed and shook his head slowly, making his way towards the mountain at the slow pace, watching the light fade around him. It was then he remebered that he had forgotten something VERY Vital to the remainder of the night.

He swore, rather loudly at that, because he'd made so much progress he didn't want to backtrack.

"Figures I'd forget the bloody axe..." He muttered as he neared the base of the mountain, nowhere near where he needed to be yet, but getting close. "Now I'm going to have to go back and get it... Bloody freaking hell..."

Teigra
This latest bout of cursing brought a genuine laugh from Kane...a rare event in ANY occasion. Worthy of note, in fact. "Now, this I can handle. Be right back. Time me if you want." With a leap, the demon Pae was off, nothing more than a blue blur through the treetops. More and more, the trees had become his natural element and he found he could move faster bounding between branches than he could on the ground. He thought it might be because of the branches natural springiness and the extra momentum they added to his leaps, but he didn't care enough to think too long on the subject.

Within minutes, he had covered the ground back to the site, marked by the fresh-cut stump in the middle of the almost-clearing. Adrenaline pumping again thanks to the exercise, he grabbed up the axe from the ground and was back into the trees in seconds. Leaves and branches practically flew by his head as he sprang from limb to limb with seemingly no effort. Pulse pounding in his ears, Kane's eyes glittered in the fading light. Quite a few unfortunate forest creatures had seen this sight. The last thing they'd ever seen, in fact. This particular predator had gained quite a reputation in the forest; one that wouldn't be forgotten any time soon.

He took a final leap, dust stirring up around his feet as he landed mere feet from Jomund's side. "There. No problem," Kane quipped, smirking cheekily.

Torvil
Jomund was floored, speechless actually, but that was besides the point. "Wow, that's awesome man!" He chuckled and shook his head. "I owe you AGAIN," He laughed and kept walking, rolling his head a little.

Once they reached the area that Jomund had declared 'stop-off' he stopped and slipped the harness from his shoulders and dropped the boughs of the tree off to one side. Sliding the harness off the turnk of the tree he put it near the stripped branches and smiled. "Alright Axe, and I'll get to work," He chuckled, holding his hand out to Kane for the impliment.

Teigra
Kane only shook his head again. "You don't owe me if I decide to do something. It's not like you asked me." Where was all this coming from? He'd talked more today than he had in months! Heck, maybe ever! Eh, who knew...sometimes strange things happen with no explanation whatsoever. Just accept and move on.

Curious to see what was to be done now, Kane passed the axe to Jomund and leapt up to perch on a boulder at the foot of the mountain. This much was Jomund's job, so he'd stay out of the way and observe for now.

Torvil
Jomund chuckled and took the axe, moving over and stepping off the length of the first log, and brought the axe down at an angle, managing to get the blade in deep. "Yes, much better, gravity is indeed my friend." He sighed contently as he brought the axe down again on the opposite diagonal, then straight down. "Hey... man... if... I... say... I... owe... you... then... I... owe... you!" Jomund countered the demon as he wailed away at the horizontal tree, working on cutting it down into acutal usable logs.

"I... always... pay... my... debts..."

Teigra
Kane rolled his eyes, sighing. Who knew if he'd ever see this guy again after today anyway? "Okay, sure, whatever you say, man. If we don't stop this, we'll be arguing about who owes who until Judgment Day." Watching carefully, he noted that Jomund was making much better progress now. Should finish in much less time at this rate. As opposed to earlier, of course.

Torvil
Jomund chuckled. "Nah... no... big... I... owe... you... is... all... call... it... in... any...time..." Finally Jomund figured it would just be best to stop talking and just hammer like hell into the tree. So he did.

He started to swing the axe down harder and harder, watching the woodchips whizz by his head and sometimes even smack him in the face. When he saw them fly towards him he would shut his eyes tight. Soon the tree gave way. and he panted, but moved a few more steps down the trunk and began anew.

Teigra
Kane shrugged again dismissively, "Okay, whatever." He watched as Jomund succeeded with one section and moved on to another immediately. "Err...working hard is fine, but remember," he frowned, shaking his head, "Don't push yourself too hard too fast or you won't be good for much at all."

Why did he care? Eh...

Growing slightly uncomfortable, he decided this was a good time to cut the hell out of there. This was a bit too much for him to handle all of a sudden and he growled softly. "Well, good luck with that. See ya' around." With a quiet rustle, Kane disappeared into the trees and was gone.

Torvil
Jomund kept up his work until well into the night, and when the log was finally finished, he spent another half an hour getting the logs and branches up to the forge and house. He stoked the furnace and fed it for the night, and then headed on into the house, and started to build a fire to make himself a VERY late dinner.

It wasn't much, considering the only things left in the house that had not rotted was the things that were meant not to, so Jomund set it in his mind that he would raid the HQ tomorrow, as well as maybe paying Joi anther visit to see if she needed some help after work was done, then maybe break ground on his house...

Yeah... That sounded good.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:35 pm
01/27/07

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about this thing. *shrugs* Ah well...

Not much going on. Not since that whole 'tree incident' anyway. Though, I must admit, THAT was fun. Taking out the tree I mean. I suppose that guy wasn't that awful to put up with. He did have decent sandwiches. And he's Aspen's brother, so he can't be completely useless, right?

Anyway, I kill, I eat, I sleep, I hunt some more...what more is there to life? I wonder. Maybe I could see what Jomund is doing...?

...where did that come from?

*frowns and closes journal*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:42 pm
02/15/07

Another day, another sunrise, another sunset, another meal...

Well, sometimes. That last one isn't always as certain as the others. I wonder how certain the first three are from time to time.

I need more to do with my life. I used to think hunting and eating took up enough time; that life in the forest was all I needed. Unfortunately, when you're perched in a tree or behind a bush waiting for some dumb prey animal to wander into its inevitable demise, apparently your mind can begin wandering. I've been doing WAY too much thinking lately.

What more could I possibily want? I have my freedom, I have the forest, and every once in a while, I have a decent meal. What the hell is wrong with that, I ask you?!?

So, why do I feel like something is missing all of a sudden?

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:29 pm
Apocalypse Now!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=8558403

((FINISHED))

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:35 pm
The Bark vs The Bite

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=9189365

((ACTIVE / IN PROGRESS))

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:05 am
Happy Hunting

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=8996395

((ACTIVE / IN PROGRESS))

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:24 am
Dangerous Experimentation (Dragnid Forest - Metaplot RP)

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=4&t=6450737#116904505

((FINISHED))

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:09 am
I'm Afraid...I Need...Help... (Falassion House of Healing - Metaplot RP)

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=20&t=6450861#117329584

((FINISHED))

:[ Pae'il Diaries ]: ~ Player Maintained

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas