Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Item Archive

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to tracking active and inactive sponsorships, events, and misc. Free Items and Free gold 

Tags: free item, freebie, sponsorship item, sponsorship, free item archive 

Reply Main
[Guide] Frontier Skies Event! Who is YOUR guide? c: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:19 am
geo serenity adlehyde
unfortunately, my flash/shockwave/java is...not good and i can't play the hunting part, so i need ideas on how to last with just the food i start with and what i find. think of it as an...extreme challenge
Just buy as much food as you can and let the majority of your crew die. It'll be risky because there are somethings where one of your crew cannot help but die in (zombie smothering and the damned moth >~> ). However, less people mean less food is used up.

Go the shortest and quickest route possible with filling rations and trade all the loot you can for food. There are several stages in the short route where you can trade 25 or so loot for 50 pounds of food. Be careful, though. There is one point (I believe it is the guy in the boat) that will ask you to trade 25 pounds of food for 50 loot. Say no thank you to that. D:

You can try it will all the guides but Diedrich may be your best bet. He has more loot to start out with so choose the slowest moving airship and fill it up with all the food that you can. O:

That get you to the end...hopefully, at least.

Edit: Frontier Skies Tips for Beating the Game Guide This guide has a lot of information which is probably more than I could provide. I'll link this in the Q&A post but I will most definitely be able to help with any specific questions you may have regarding the events. c:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 am
OMG! I managed to complete it with Carl! eek

Letting crew die is cruel, but it saves on food. I've found the volcano shortcut is worth it, if you have enough food (cos the hunting is awful). I had more sucess in there on slow speed cos it burns through health slower.

Four down, judt Edmund to go xd  

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

geo serenity adlehyde
Vice Captain

Familiar Elder

9,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:17 pm
good news, i found an internet cafe! so i got to do 4 whole quests!

*geo's luck improved, good things are more likely to happen now*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:31 am
Hmm. Doesn't look like you can get a second medal from the same guide. Or was I just unlucky? crying

Gold is a nice reward, but not nearly as good as a hard to obtain medal (that can be flogged for tes of thousands)  

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

geo serenity adlehyde
Vice Captain

Familiar Elder

9,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:30 am
PandoraCaitiff
Hmm. Doesn't look like you can get a second medal from the same guide. Or was I just unlucky? crying

Gold is a nice reward, but not nearly as good as a hard to obtain medal (that can be flogged for tes of thousands)

but you should keep the medals, just to prove how good you are. now excuse me while i go find an internet cafe open at before 5 in the morning. (it's america, anything's possible)

edit: i did (i was on my laptop before) and i of course got the last medal...just-as anyone who knows me would expect.

and of course, i hope everyone does their best to do likewise. (if not for cool stuff then the gold you get for selling the medals...)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 am
Oh don't worry. I'm keeping a full set of medals (even if Deidrich's windbreaker is a bit naff). I just wanted to "farm" the event now I've got the hang of it.

Playing through again for an item I can sell for 30-40K is worth it. Playing through for a few thousand gold, is less so.

And as you can see from my avi, I really like Louie and Sam's rewards biggrin

oh i like sam's medal her crew's item in the cash shop is cool too  

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 pm
geo serenity adlehyde
PandoraCaitiff

but you should keep the medals, just to prove how good you are. now excuse me while i go find an internet cafe open at before 5 in the morning. (it's america, anything's possible)

edit: i did (i was on my laptop before) and i of course got the last medal...just-as anyone who knows me would expect.

and of course, i hope everyone does their best to do likewise. (if not for cool stuff then the gold you get for selling the medals...)
In America...if your computer can get WiFi, you can get onto the internet from virtually anywhere...I was just at a mall near where I live and a Pizza place in the Food Court offered free WiFi. I don't know why but they did... D:  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 pm
So, I've lost 10 times out of 17, but at least I finished it with each guide.  

ashitagaaru

Wheezing Millionaire

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 am
Leitis
In America...if your computer can get WiFi, you can get onto the internet from virtually anywhere...I was just at a mall near where I live and a Pizza place in the Food Court offered free WiFi. I don't know why but they did... D:

Here in the UK, my nearest city was declared a wifi zone. But recently all the hot spots seem to have dried up or gone pay-only scream

Some bars still have free wifi. And some Macdonalds do too eek  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:20 am
PandoraCaitiff
Leitis

Here in the UK, my nearest city was declared a wifi zone. But recently all the hot spots seem to have dried up or gone pay-only scream

Some bars still have free wifi. And some Macdonalds do too eek

oh that's not a problem. my laptop being total [crud] though is. for normal gaia operations though, this 1,000,000 year old laptop is fine. the fact i got several awsome games like neverwinter nights is a bonus.

anyway, off topic  

geo serenity adlehyde
Vice Captain

Familiar Elder

9,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
Main

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff