Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The End of Days, Chapter Two: No Rest for the Warrior Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:47 am
User Image"One would think that the supposed Lord of Hell would have been able to put us down right next to this Oracle we're looking for. Or at least give us a direction. We're 800 feet from her, but this is a tunnel - there's no telling which direction she would be." Delan scans the ground to see if he can locate any tracks belonging to a human being. "As for formulating a plan, that is certainly a very good idea, Chaplain. I'd suggest we fan out and search, but that would be very likely suicide in so hostile an area. Does anyone have any idea which way we should go first."

{How many characters are actually here, btw? Delan, Misery, Halen, Oulviina, Rage, Matthias... anyone else?}  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:44 am
Delan, your voice echoes through the tunnel. It would probably be easy enough to locate the person you're searching for if you simply listened for footsteps in the tunnel. It is highly likely that whatever isn't you in this tunnel would step in the foul substance that's pooling in the floor. Make a listen check.

((Whoever posts is in the party.))  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Jacior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:10 pm
"Pretty." He says looking down at the scales in his hand. "I got the blue one, anyone else want one?" He asks the general populace.

Looking around, he strains his ears to see if he can hear anything that might sound like a clue.

((Listen: +0))  
jennibert rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:31 pm
*Misery and Halen listen*

{Misery gets a 10, Halen a 6. I really hope someone out there has ranks in Listen....}  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:39 pm
Delan's listen roll. +9 bonus.

Total of a 22.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:08 pm
Delan, to your left, you hear a sickening wet squish, followed by a feminine scream so loud it seems life itself were being ripped out of her. By the distance, it's about 500 feet away.

The ground in front of you is covered in a bubbling substance along the floor and undulating from the ceilings. It's definitely not something you want to touch.  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:38 pm
User Image"I heard something from that way." Delan says in a rather clinical, detached manner as he gestures towards the sound. He eyes the gooey ground, trying to determine exactly what it is.

{How far is the mass of goo? Also, what is it? I can take 10 on any knowledge skill I have, netting me something in the low to mid thirties at least. That includes the Planes, Dungeoneering, and Arcana.}  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:46 am
The substance bubbles at first about 50 feet away, going on for a good ten feet before opening for a short square, and continuing again for another five feet, followed by a twenty foot break. Further ahead, it grows too dark to see from your standing point. Your knowledge check determines that it is Necromantic Seepage.  

Slave Xaccheus

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:37 pm
User ImageOulviina stares at the bubbling mess in front of them and sighs. It was far too dark, but time was of the essence. Summoning forth a swarm of small glowing motes of light, she sent them off to better illuminate the caverns, showing what treacherous ground may be along the way.

{Casting Dancing Lights and sending it off to give us a better idea of what's going on. I'm assuming that everyone present is in her Eldritch Tapestry, since we should fit everyone who's still playing at this point. Depending on what lies ahead, I may be able to just dimension door everyone there.}  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:38 am
Further along, more seepage undulates on the ground, 30 feet from the last spot of illumination. This goes on for 20 feet, and from there, everything seems clean enough.

Another scream informs you that your oracle stepped in it. Time is really important here.  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:04 am
{Okay, so I identified it - what does it do?}  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Disciple of Sakura
{Okay, so I identified it - what does it do?}

((If you come into contact with it, make a Fortitude Save. You take 1d6 points of damage every round you fail a save as it starts covering you. Total coverage occurs after ten failed saves (10d6 points of damage). Then you start suffocating.))  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:07 pm
User Image"The necromantic seepage upon the ground is extremely hazardous to one's health if touched. I suggest those who can take wing. Our likely quarry sounds as if she is already in dire straits." Delan's black cloak billows out as golden wings bear him aloft. He takes to the air and double moves, clearing 60', keeping his eyes peeled for any lurking dangers, Subtle Knife in hand.

{Going to go ahead and roll a Spot check (+9=22) to see if I notice anything, just in case. Staying above the ground, most definitely.}  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:09 pm
"Great..." says Misery, watching him lightly fly away and wishing she weighed less in her full plate. "So, Oulviina, you said something about dimension door? Have room for two of us in there? Quickly?"  

jennibert

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:44 pm
User Image"The trick for some of us is avoiding touching the stuff, Delan." Oulviina looked around at everyone gathered. She had them all in her Eldritch Tapestry, so this should work. "Alright, everyone. I'm thinking that folks will be needing wings here, so let's see what I can do. Anyone have any problems with a little polymorphing? No? Didn't really think so." She collected her energies and funneled them into the magical weave, flowing them out into each of her allies and herself.

{If it's alright, I'm going to use Polymorph in the eldritch Tapestry of the War Weaver to polymorph everyone into a half-black-dragon. If I can't go with the template slapped on to everyone for whatever reason, I'll go with something like gargoyle. I'd rather everyone keep their hands but get a fly speed, however you'd advise doing that.}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff