Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies Chapitre I Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:20 pm
Buck sighed and rubbed his temples. He'd be glad to be off this tub, too many personalities at too high a volume in too little space. He couldn't maintain focus in a place like this.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:07 pm
{Don't worry, folks. We'll be arriving at the town in my next post. Sorry it took so long to get there - I was thinking people might like to converse some more, and then got distracted rather than moving along.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town until next Tuesday. I'll try and maybe sneak a posting in sometime in there, but I can't guarantee it. Will be taking my baby across country to visit family. Happy flying until then, yeah.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:20 pm
Sailing through the skies, the White Falcon cuts a line directly towards the town indicated on the map. After a few hours of the wind whipping through your sails, a flock of golden arrowhawks flies by overhead, dazzling onlookers as the sun glints off their metallic feathers. Shortly thereafter, you see the silhouette of the floating island ahead, surrounded on all sides by smaller floating stones and miniature islands. Other airships ply the skies around your destination, indicating a thriving sky port.

As you arrive, you note that the city itself is surrounded by several older ruins, including an enormous stone edifice built into the side of a small mountain - or perhaps large hill - topped with a single, massive tree. The city itself is bustling, and when you dock and depart from the White Falcon into the city itself, you see all manner of diversity amongst the populous - elves and humans walk alongside shifters and dwarves. A changeling merchant openly wears its grey skin as it haggles with a half-giant customer.

Despite all the hustle and bustle, there is a pervading sense of unease throughout the city. People seem a little skittish at times, and there are signs of recent damage to several buildings, some of which lie empty and are avoided by the locals.

The city - known, you discover, as Indare - houses a large and popular inn known as Gelyon's Fellow. Already busy with more mirth than the rest of the town, it is in the midst of a raucous feast. Captain Siddig, Lyndie, and Gurn head towards the market to find necessary supplies, while Father D'Leon remains behind at the White Falcon with Chuckles. Djalance makes directly for Gelyon's Fellow, a spring in his step, while Jeine follows, more brooding and menacing than excited. The rest of the crew find their way to what may interest them in town.  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:32 pm
Buck wants to know more about this "Consortium activity". He makes the air-quotes simply thinking the phrase. He was never much for talking to people though so he mills about the town, trying to be unnoticeable and listening in on other people's conversations. He's trying to get the tone of the town.
((Listen @23))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 pm
Kristenna has no specific destination in town. She too wishes to know anything about Consortium activity in town,and will ask around to see what she can find out.

{Gather Info, which I apparently forgot to put ranks in, so just +2 CHA}  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:20 pm
Buck will avoid listening in on Kristenna's conversations.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Emerald the Crow rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 16 Total: 31 (2-40)

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:03 pm
Though she was concerned about what the Consortium may be up to, Marionne was more interested in the state of affairs in the city proper, especially regarding the damaged buildings. She set about investigating them as readily as she could, in order to hopefully discover what may have caused the damage, inquiring with citizens as well if given the chance.

{Not that she's very good at search, with a +0 bonus and all... +3 on the second roll for Gather Information, though...}  
Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:57 pm
Reed stands for a moment on the deck of the ship, looking dubiously at the port. He likes seeing a new place, but he always dreads how people will react to him. Sometimes no one seems to notice his vaguely demonic coloring...and sometimes people point and accuse. But he won't accomplish anything hiding on the ship, attractive as the prospect sounds....

Reed wanders into town, trying to avoid people's eyes, and stops to check out the abandoned buildings, looking carefully at the damage to see if he can tell what happened.

{Yes! A use for my random ranks in Knowledge(architecture & engineering)! +6 to the roll.}  

Dallas Moonrain

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 pm
The city is definitely abuzz with activity. Buck definitely hears a lot of noise. He's not able to figure out exactly what is up, but there's some definite unease in the discussions around town.

{Sorry, Buck... Listen is good for hearing stuff, but getting info is done through Gather Information. I've been debating how to deal with your method of approach, but I've decided to come down on how the skills actually operate. Just listening doesn't really accomplish this as per the RAW.}

Kristenna, regrettably, is unable to glean any useful information from the townsfolk.

Marionne and Reed have much better luck.

Reed's investigation of the abandoned buildings determines that many of them have been damaged by magic. The stone is blackened, but not through fire. It looks more like areas where rapidly aged, as if through accelerated entropy. There are also a few claw marks, and a disturbing burn on one wall that looks suspiciously like a humanoid silhouette.

Marionne, a search of the area finds a few shards of bone and dessicated flesh amidst some rubble. There are even a few trinkets that may have value, though most of the area appears to have been looted. Asking around, you learn that there was a fight here, with a group of as-yet unidentified monsters who stole into the city in the night two days ago. They killed several citizens before disappearing. Tracks indicate that they came from the ancient ruins to the north of town built into the hillside.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 pm
Yllanah held up for a moment, after the first wave of crewmates left the ship. She examined her choices of where to go, the captain left for the market, while Djalance and Jeine headed for the inn. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew left seemingly to mingle with the crowds.

Yllanah put her hand on Kaelyr's head, and said, "You wait here, boy. I'll be back soon, okay?" The huskie mrowed, then turned and walked back onto the ship.

Yllanah stepped down the board and calculated which path seemed the most worthwhile. After some figureing, she decided she would hit up the inn. As she neared the building, she heard the rowdy party within, and a smile crossed her lips. It seemed like this would be a fun event.  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 pm
Reed watches Marionne as she speaks to the townspeople near the damaged buildings. Once she has done so, he'll emerge from the shadows he instinctively hides in and catch her attention.

"Take a look at this," he says, pointing out the claws and humanoid shaped burn.

{I'm assuming that since we were both checking out the buildings, we were probably in close to the same place. And now for a hide check to see how badly Reed startles Marionne...+14}  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:44 pm
User ImageQuite honestly, Sheziera wasn't too keen on staying in town long. She hated the feeling of solid ground underneath her feet. Still... there was something to be said for the amenities that the city could provide. Sheziera was feeling kinda frisky, after all...

She trotted down into town towards the closest and busiest inn. Wandering in and strutting up to the bar, Sheziera surveyed the patrons, sizing them up and trying to figure out exactly who would make for a good night on the town...

{Making a check to see if I can size up potential. It's +10 if it's Spot, +2 if it's Sense Motive, Search, or Appraise.}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

jennibert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:49 pm
Frustrated by her inability to locate any useful information, Kristenna eventually heads for Gelyon's Fellow to get a drink before heading back out to do some more investigating.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 pm
"Monsters did this? Hmm... Perhaps we can see about setting up some kind of patrol tonight and investigate. Maybe even... Oh sweet mercy! Where the hell did you come from!?" Marionne asks as Reed slips out of the shadows and starts talking to her.  

Emerald the Crow

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 pm
Reed nods slightly, a bit embarrassed. "I'm sorry to have startled you, but I saw something I thought I would get a second opinion on over here." He gestures towards the burns and claw marks, his gaze staying low. "It's unusual, don't you think, how this burn is shaped? What do you think?" He pauses a moment, and his gaze drops further as he mutters, "I didn't expect to scare you that much."

{Reed will make a Knowledge(arcana) check to identify any possible source of the burn. +10 to the check.}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff