Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 3.5] Crystal Hearts - Recruiting/updates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:16 pm
Okay, two quick race questions. Are either of these (homebrew) races okay?
Quote:

VASPEN SWARM (player race)
* STR is always 1, despite any points spent. +4 DEX, -2 CON, INT is equal to Hit Points minus ten halved, -4 CHA. : Being almost incorporeal - as they are only a swarm, they have almost no STR. They are very dextrous and fluid in their movements, as the individual creatures that create them are very quick-moving.
*If INT is 2 or higher, telepathic communication.
* Vermin (Swarm, Shapechanger): They are included as Shapechangers because they can manipulate the shape of the form by re-arranging the insects inside them.
* Diminutive
* Vaspen Swarm base land speed is 5ft: fly speed: 50 ft
* Darkvision 60 ft : Vaspens always see in black and white, but their night vision is exceptional. They also have very, very keen eye for detail, as they can see out of every part of their body.
* Swarm Natural Weapons: Swarms attack by moving into an opponent's square, provoking an attack of opportunity. Their attack deals 2d6 damage plus 1d4 DEX poison damage. Save is 10+HD+CON modifier.
* Lowlight Vision: See Darkvision
* Weakness to fire -10 : Fire burns them very easily, and can reduce them to individual Vaspen swiftly.
* Automatic Languages: Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Common.
* Favored Class: Wizard.

Quote:

DRYAD (player race)
* +4 charisma, +2 dexterity, +2 wisdom, -2 strength, -2 constitution.
* Medium Fey.
* Dryad base land speed is 30 ft.
* Improved Low-Light Vision.
* +4 racial bonus on hide, move silently, listen, spot, and sense motive checks.
* Tree Sickness (su): When a dryad is born she is linked to s specific tree. If a dryad spends more then 72 hours away from her tree, she begins to sicken and die. She must make a dc 15 fortitude save (+2 for each extra day they stay away from the tree) every 4 hours or take 1d4 points of constitution damage.
* Spell-like abilities: at will: charm person and charm animal.
* Automatic Languages: Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Ardanian, Elven, Goblin, Serpent.
* Favored Class: sorcerer, druid.
* level adjustment: +2.

EDIT: Also, how many spells per day? The same as before, or does it change because we don't prepare?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:21 pm
Tsubaki Mizuru
I'm not 100% on it but I'm pretty sure druids can't wear studded leather armor. Not positive though I forget how strict the "No metal armor's" rule is since studded leather armor is partially metal. *The studs are actually rather large so there is a considerable amount of metal for the armor*

Druids are proficient with light and medium armor but are prohibited from wearing metal armor; thus, they may wear only padded, leather, or hide armor.

That was an exert from the SRD

I was just going to pull my info off of the SRD, unless if I find a race or something in a book.

I posted the SRD on the first page  

glitterboypilot

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:06 pm
No to the swarm and no to the Dryad if you can't get another player to help hall your tree around. *Tree has to be small*  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:08 pm
Cool, I'll get a dryad up and ready. Bonsai tree anyone?

Out of curiosity, why no swarm? (I got bored and am about halfway done:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=247220. Familiar carries most of the stuff)  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:12 pm
cause I said SO!!! lol and Bonsai is doable I suppose but I would prefer if you made it a little bigger but you don't have to. Just don't tip over the pot x3  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:17 pm
*sniff* you didn't have to yell...

*wanders away, crying, to go roll up a dryad*  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:20 pm
lolzness  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 pm
what if say, a particular human in fullplate with a battleaxe where to cut said tree? ( I don't want to, I just like to make conversation, counting down to the starting of the campaign and all.)  

Keefe_the_Music_Man

Magnetic Smoker

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:40 pm
I think she dies if she can't get another tree within a day. But I can't remember...

Every time we found a dryad when i played we either didn't kill her or killed her first. :/

DM discretion, I guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:15 pm
note to self:carry saplings clumsy human.  

Keefe_the_Music_Man

Magnetic Smoker

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:36 pm
theeeen you die, like everyother dryad :3  
Manozz55 rolled 18 6-sided dice: 6, 2, 5, 2, 2, 6, 5, 5, 1, 2, 5, 3, 3, 3, 2, 6, 1, 4 Total: 63 (18-108)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:38 pm
Rolling for first three skills.
Groups of six, taking three highest. Out of each group.  

Manozz55

Manozz55 rolled 18 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 4, 3, 3, 1, 5, 2, 5, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5, 3 Total: 48 (18-108)

Manozz55

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:39 pm
17, 15, 13 for first three skills
Rolling for next three.

EDIT: Skills are 17,15,13,10,13,11
Not too shabby.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 pm
Tsubaki Mizuru
theeeen you die, like everyother dryad :3
Dryads who venture far from their trees carry an acorn attuned to that tree. Wouldn't he be able to carry said acorn around? A small tree seems like a big liability, IMO. Plus, I thought Dryads needed a tree bigger than themselves to survive?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:05 pm
no, tey just need a try. And an acorn is a seed and a seed is new life thus not the same tree so it wouldn't work tat way :l and no on the bigger then them tree thing. For two reasons, I've yet to see a dryad be linked to a full grown 100 year old tree :l saplings my friend sapling  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff