Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ancient Lands (4th edition, recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:43 pm
Everything seems solid, Rain :3 Remember, however, that you get Versatile Expertise as a free feat (+1 to attack with weapon and implement of choice). Would also be nice to know which 3 Rituals you took :3

That's about all I could mention. Pretty solid, Rain. You have another fellow Halfling companion in the party, too!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:01 pm
Ardents don't have implements. I took Weapon Expertise instead of Versatile Expertise for that reason.

I didn't think Ritual Caster gave free rituals; also, I couldn't afford the 50gp for the ritual book, let alone have anything left over for ritual components. It might come up later, but as of right now, looks like I have to rough it.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:06 pm
Rain Yupa
Ardents don't have implements. I took Weapon Expertise instead of Versatile Expertise for that reason.

I didn't think Ritual Caster gave free rituals; also, I couldn't afford the 50gp for the ritual book, let alone have anything left over for ritual components. It might come up later, but as of right now, looks like I have to rough it.
Well, that works.

Give yourself a ritual book for free, then. I'm cool with it. I'm giving arcane casters the same wizards get in regards to Rituals: a spellbook with 3 level 1 rituals mastered. I forgot to mention that. I need sleep.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 pm
I assume by that, you mean that EVERYONE gets the 3 rituals like wizards get, and not just arcane casters?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 6, 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 1, 1, 6, 2 Total: 58 (20-120)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:43 pm
5d6 drop lowest 2, rerolls 1s  
Arc Vembris rolled 5 6-sided dice: 5, 6, 2, 3, 4 Total: 20 (5-30)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:46 pm
three 6's on my first score, so I don't need to bother rerolling those 1's, rerolling other 1's

1, 6, 6, 6, 1 = 18

6, 5, 6, 2, 2 = 17

4, 2, 2, 2, 4 = 10

3, 3, 4, 6, 2 = 13  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris rolled 10 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 5, 6, 6, 1, 5, 2, 6, 4 Total: 39 (10-60)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:49 pm
two more stats  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:50 pm
final reroll

2, 2, 5, 6, 6 = 17

2, 5, 2, 6, 4 = 15  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 pm
Annnd w-bam! Choke-slammed with my chains from 10feet away!
Fasrogen Chainready
Human Spiked Chain Tempest Fighter and student of the Rending Chains style

This feat is my lynchpin:

Spiked Chain Training [Multiclass Spiked Chain] - from Dragon Annual, Playing Shadar-Kai
Prerequisites: Dex 13
Benefit: You gain proficiency with the spiked chain. You can treat the spiked chain as a double weapon and as a light blade. As a double weapon, the spiked chain deals 2d4 damage on each end, and it gains the off-hand property.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:55 am
Arc Vembris
Fasrogen Chainready

Spiked Chain Training [Multiclass Spiked Chain] - from Dragon Annual, Playing Shadar-Kai
Benefit: You gain proficiency with the spiked chain. You can treat the spiked chain as a double weapon and as a light blade. As a double weapon, the spiked chain deals 2d4 damage on each end, and it gains the off-hand property.

Everything seems OK, except for the following:

1-Your sheet added your Dex to AC, but it's not applicable, since you're wearing Chainmaille.

2-You get Practiced Study only, not Ritual Caster. Sorry for the confusion.

3-The Spiked Weapon is a 2-handed weapon, therefore IIRC Two-Weapon Defense doesn't apply with it. HOWEVER, Spiked Chains DO behave as if you had 2 weapons, so I'll allow it.

And that's about it. Looks solid!  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:10 am
Rain Yupa
I assume by that, you mean that EVERYONE gets the 3 rituals like wizards get, and not just arcane casters?

4- All arcane classes get the Wizard's Cantrips for free, if you so desire to have 'em. All Arcane and Divine classes also get the Ritual Casting feat for free, while martial characters get the Practiced Study feat for free. Arcane classes start with 3 rituals and a ritual book, and Martial classes start with 2 Martial Practices at level 1.

Fixed the HR. Hopefully that clarifies it. I got my much needed sleep, can now operate to my maximum capacity.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:28 am
Some points of the campaign I wanted to mention:

-The campaign will be exploration-heavy. Skills like Dungeoneering, Heal, Endurance, etc will be very useful.

-Battles will be tough. Very tough.

-Lots of RPing opportunities, lots of interesting stuff will be happening.

-I usually reward players who think outside the box in the game, like doing crazy stunts and thinking of interesting stuff. So, feel free to think of unusual stuff, within your character's abilities that is.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:28 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
Arc Vembris
Fasrogen Chainready

1-Your sheet added your Dex to AC, but it's not applicable, since you're wearing Chainmaille.

3-The Spiked Weapon is a 2-handed weapon, therefore IIRC Two-Weapon Defense doesn't apply with it. HOWEVER, Spiked Chains DO behave as if you had 2 weapons, so I'll allow it.

I thought my AC was unreasonably boss.
Pg10 of Adventurer's Vault will tell you how double weapons count as two weapons  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:33 am
Arc Vembris
Keith Valken Lionheart
Arc Vembris
Fasrogen Chainready

I thought my AC was unreasonably boss.
Pg10 of Adventurer's Vault will tell you how double weapons count as two weapons
I just checked it, and I stand corrected. You're A-OK though.

-Stamps A-OK seal on forehead-  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:42 am
I might be up for this too. I have a multi-part question though, if i take hybrid psion, fist can I choose the shaper discipline from Psionic power, and second if i do, which power do you say i get without taking hybrid focus?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff