Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Events for people that dont win events? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think? *insert catchy phrase here*
I like the idea!
47%
 47%  [ 31 ]
Not really a fan of this, sorry :C
52%
 52%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 65

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm
Sirenz
Etherial Requiem

First of all, Im of the mind of, if you dont like a Soq dont try for it. Let someone else have a chance that will love it more than you if you are iffy.

Yes I hate seeing someone winning a pet and then they start to b***h and moan about how it wasn't what they wanted. *head desk*

Totally.. its like then WHY even try? Lol, just pass it up! You dont have to try for EVERY pet! Or give it to a newbie/friend!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 pm
Can I just say that I REALLY do love every Soq I've won so far? Because I do.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:21 pm
StarieMichie
^ This.

Man. Every single one of my soq are my babies. Almost as much as my real one. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:05 am
Lolli McHotpants
StarieMichie
^ This.

Man. Every single one of my soq are my babies. Almost as much as my real one. xD
Same! XD I am very protective of them. hehehe.
Even the ones who will bite me if I get too close! *nodnod*

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 am
Beejoux
Play nice children.

We have lowluck for breedings, I think we've even had lowluck or custom newbie custom slots. I don't see why events should be different.

It might not be easy to regulate, but if we can find a way, I'd like to see it happen.

Jade~ She -has- given up millions for soqs.

Now let's everyone be nice to eachother.

Please don't chastise me. I'm not a child. I wasn't being passive aggressive, I was explaining my position. I have given up millions too but I think that an event like this could be a nightmare very quickly given how large the shop is.

Yes, it sucks to not get selected with the RNG but low luck with events is different given that it's much easier to qualify for a breeding because you don't HAVE to provide links unless you are going for RP breeding. Then you would, of course, provide the right links to prove it. It does you no good to lie because you either have the RP or you don't. In the case of events, there are SO many mini events within events that you would have to link to every single event to prove you didn't win. Plus, for any random giveaways, you'd have to refind these links which is a pain in the butt. It is easy to overlook stuff like that! Furthermore, people -will- try to bend the rules, either on purpose or not. It happens.

Now imagine having to check the forms for accuracy for the 150+ people who might have entered the events and not won.

I just don't see how it could work without being a major headache.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:47 am
JadeEye
I haven't won a single free pony or anything cheaply for soq from any event, just FYI (And I have well over 30)....and I don't see how it's unfair. I tried, I lost...it's just bad luck. Having events where 'losers' play to try and win only results in 'losers' losing again. XD

I'm unfortunately with this point. I don't think its unfair if you don't win I think complaining about it is a different issue (in thread after you lose not now or when you whine at someone for winning so often I think its rude to do so).

I understand not winning any events suck, I can't say anything for myself part of my herd are from wins, but my luck is low elsewhere such as customs it took me five years just to get one slot and seeing some people win slots over and over was disheartening but I never thought it was unfair that my luck sucked (btw cooldowns didn't do anything it just meant someone else would win).

I do like the cap of only winning one free event soquili per event is great idea but I don't think punishing other members just because they may win one event and then win in another is fair.

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:25 am
I still think having a LL for not winning events would be too un-managable with how big this shop is. AND, in addition, it kind of comes down to "where does it end?" The RNG is a real MFing b***h sometimes.... and there's not much you can do about it. I've been in the shop for 5 years and I think the only flatsale I won was back when shop FIRST started...and even then I think it was a raffle and not a flatsale..

...but that's not the point.

There's already LL breedings and LL customs sometimes. And the colorists already bend over backwards in events to give out as many Soq as they can. There are already limits to how many Soquili you can win in an event (1 auction, 1 paid raffle, and 1 freebie).

Keeping track of low luck events I think would be too hard and too complicated.

For one...what counts as "an event?" Only big things like the WoW event or Halloween event? What about random freebies (Felmino mentioned those might be happening in the Coming Soon). Or like.. .mindsend's Christmas in July. Was that an event?

Not trying to knock the idea or anything, just trying to be realistic about it.

BUT

I do think there have been some excellent suggestions.

- I agree that flaffles/flatsales should have a cooldown. It's VERY rare that people win multiple flatsales, but I've seen it happen.

- I agree that people shouldn't go for a flatsale pet just for the sake of winning. Sadly, you can't really enforce this... but yeah. I know for almost all the Fight Club flaffles I didn't put down a full list.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:36 am
I haven't won a breeding slot in about a year. Does that mean I should get a special breeding slot just for me and anyone else that haven't had much luck with those?

To put it simply, there's too many users. Making 4903902902 event subcategories to cater to every individual or group of user(s) is a little much. I agree with others. it's too complicating. It's opening pandoras box and then every other user that comes with an idea that will "increase their odds" will want to see it happen and by then, colorists will just throw their hands up in the air and storm off because every event will come with 49029209202 categories.

The key to a shop is simplifying while catering to the masses. The shop run their events, breedings and customs fine when they happen. It's all a matter of luck in the end and that's fair to everyone involved.  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 am

Kamiki: Just for the sake of saying this to answer, not to prolong or drag out any points I just figured I would be clear on what I meant by 'event'. I mean anything other than a custom/breeding/bribe slot.

When I posted this topic, thats what I had in mind, along with this would have been for people who had tried for like a year, religiously (not just skipping out random events for half a year), and still their only way to obtain a Soq is by having to pay up toward the millions for it.

Again, this isnt a reply to push my post, nor am I trying to stir up the debate its turned into, just clarifying what I had in mind when I posted.

I guess I didnt realize how much work everyone thought it would be because as you've stated, we DO have LL already for breedings, and people have to check 20+ links for that. I didnt realize there would be that much of a difference.

Also, its nice to see this thread isnt completely pointless, I liked the two ideas you outlined that have come from this as well c: Thats really all I was hoping for, some realistic feedback/ideas. I realize my idea isnt perfect, but it might be able to help other issues *shrug*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:02 am

I think that if there are more flatsales and freebies, and etc, you will come to find that a LL category is not necessary. The problem is that there haven't been a lot of the smaller events, in my opinion, but from the sound of things, that is being worked on. No one can attend every event, no matter how hard they try, so simply having more Soquili available in general will increase everyone's odds. I have personally never won a flatsale pet, or an event pet. I have tried in quite a number of events, but my luck has simply never been that great, outside of winning a couple breedings over the four years I have been in the shop (three of which were active). I understand what you're getting at here in suggesting a LL category, but as it has been stated, that would open the door to more and more subdivisions, and I think we can all agree that doing so would not be to anyone's benefit, really. I think, also, if there are more events that do not rely upon luck, but rather some other measure that will help things along, too. See: RP events, concept contests, etc.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:17 am
JadeEye

Please don't chastise me. I'm not a child. I wasn't being passive aggressive, I was explaining my position. I have given up millions too but I think that an event like this could be a nightmare very quickly given how large the shop is.

Yes, it sucks to not get selected with the RNG but low luck with events is different given that it's much easier to qualify for a breeding because you don't HAVE to provide links unless you are going for RP breeding. Then you would, of course, provide the right links to prove it. It does you no good to lie because you either have the RP or you don't. In the case of events, there are SO many mini events within events that you would have to link to every single event to prove you didn't win. Plus, for any random giveaways, you'd have to refind these links which is a pain in the butt. It is easy to overlook stuff like that! Furthermore, people -will- try to bend the rules, either on purpose or not. It happens.

Now imagine having to check the forms for accuracy for the 150+ people who might have entered the events and not won.

I just don't see how it could work without being a major headache.

I'm not chastising, I'm always this bubbly and weird. And I wasn't just talking specifically about you. Though I will say these forums are not for drilling people's ideas into the ground. State your opinion, and leave it at that.

As for LL breedings, they DO need to provide links to the prior breeding attempts. Providing links to prior events or raffle/flaffles isn't far beyond that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:20 am
Well honestly, I think it would be too much effort to do this on a large scale.

But I'd like to comment on two points.

1. Flaffles having a cool-down peroid and 2. Auctions.

I love flaffles, they're a free for all. You never know what to get. But as far as a cool-down, I'm not sure that's exactly fair. Just to explain what I mean. Typically there aren't things like....Kalona or stuff in the flaffles right? Or edited stuff? So the part that feels unfair to me is that someone who might have won say...in September an unedited soq, wouldn't have a chance at some of the much higher edited ones in the October/Halloween flaffle. Because getting a higher edited one, for a price that can be afforded by anybody is nice.

Now to say a little more on that, the other reason I don't like it is because they aren't customs. You don't choose. In fact, they're rather like a mini-event and we're allowed to get one at each of those if we're so lucky, right?

Now before anyone says anything, 2.5 of my 3.5 have been won from flaffles--two of them back to back. So some people might think I'm biased, and that's fine. But I'm truly trying to look at it objectively. I mean, I've always looked at them like mini-events which is why I never thought of a "limit" for them

BUT if there is going to be a limit, I think that there should be exceptions---like in the case of another Halloween type raffle. The staff put ALOT of work into those. And they are some of the most fabulous Soqs I've ever seen. So in short, if there is a HUGE event themed/holiday themed raffle with edits I think anyone should be able to apply.

2. Auctions. IF you start limiting flaffles, then I think it's only fair to limit Auctions more then too. Because there are fewer of them. Now the only thing about this is you can't really do it to one and a cool down peroid of two months since there isn't auctions that often and it would do nothing. You'd have to say you couldn't bid on anything next event or something like that.

In short though, I disagree with limiting either flaffles or auctions (and I'm clearly not biased as I'll never be able to afford or try for one). They're free for alls, and unlike events you don't get to see the prizes ahead of time and make an informed decision for flaffles. For Auctions, it's the same. You couldn't see to the NEXT event. What if you got a WoW one, then the next event was your FAVOURITE movie cosplays and you couldn't try for that because you won the last one? It's not fair because you can't see what the next event or flaffle is.

Breeding limiting and Custom limiting work because they're based on your decision-your idea.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 am
Only thing I'd agree with is the cool down for both auctions and flaffles. Else, an event specifically for those who haven't won anything... No.

From my point of view, I've only gotten Soquili through raffles. I have been -unable- to win a custom. I understand how a person might want to win an event, but to take people out of event just because other people hasn't won anything... Doesn't really make sense to me.

People have to understand that they don't have to pay for things like bribes and customs. I waited for my first Soq for the longest time because I couldn't afford it. Yeah, having free or cheap Soq are nice, but it shouldn't be 'exclusive' for some. I'm not saying 'you can afford it, go pay for it', but more on the sense... get over not winning? If the RNG doesn't want to choose someone, oh well?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:57 am
Beejoux

As for LL breedings, they DO need to provide links to the prior breeding attempts. Providing links to prior events or raffle/flaffles isn't far beyond that.

Jade had a very good point about that, you seem to have passed over-
Breedings in the breeding forum don't go away, so they can be linked to.
Events on the other hand do go away. They get put in the Archive forum where we, the non-staff, can't see them again. Linking to something you can't see is impossible last time I checked, so doing LL for things like flatsales and raffles would be a nightmare.

I think that's something most of us have all agreed upon by now, yes?  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:29 pm
Sirenz
Etherial Requiem

First of all, Im of the mind of, if you dont like a Soq dont try for it. Let someone else have a chance that will love it more than you if you are iffy.

Yes I hate seeing someone winning a pet and then they start to b***h and moan about how it wasn't what they wanted. *head desk*
I actually dont partisipate in things unless there is one or two I really want to win. Which is why I barely partisipated in most of the last years events... and not many of the year before either... But I think you will never get people to stop entering because they just want another Soquili...

And if people b***h about a soquili rehome it, if they cant give it love and attention then they shouldn't have put in to win it... We need a soquili rescue centre... though then again you would have people complainging "I won it and they took it" It will be very hard to make this idea work.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff