No, but this might work instead . . . [post in thread]
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 120

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 am
Making it something they HAVE to do - totally defeats the purpose and leads to colorist frustration and burnout. As someone who had owned and colored at b/c shops - let me tell you - if this were my shop and people were as demanding as some people in Soq are - I'd throw up my hands and not allow customs at all.

Please remember, colorists and staff are PEOPLE - not machines and not slaves. We should be just as concerned with what's fair for them and what will make their life better as we are about ourselves.

Please remember to think about a problem from all sides and try to work on a solution that at least makes an effort at helping everyone.

/end rant

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:15 am
LydaLynn
Making it something they HAVE to do - totally defeats the purpose and leads to colorist frustration and burnout. As someone who had owned and colored at b/c shops - let me tell you - if this were my shop and people were as demanding as some people in Soq are - I'd throw up my hands and not allow customs at all.

Please remember, colorists and staff are PEOPLE - not machines and not slaves. We should be just as concerned with what's fair for them and what will make their life better as we are about ourselves.

Please remember to think about a problem from all sides and try to work on a solution that at least makes and effort at helping everyone.

/end rant

Thank you.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Honestly, if you go through a lot of these suggestion threads, a lot of them are about not being able to expand herds. Bottom line: BE HAPPY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE.

I honestly wouldn't mind a MLCC for customs. It would be a perk for colorists who feel like doing something that they want to do, not for their monthly quota. It would be something fun. Just because one person doesn't get picked, it doesn't necessarily scream favoritism! What if they just like these ideas better than yours?  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:30 am
About the favoritism issue.

If you do't trust us colorists to select customs without bias or favoritism, then how can you be so adimit about us using the CCML? It's a little silly to be so gun ho about one, but be so against the other, when they're essentially the same thing, with the same set up.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 pm
Spoons added.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:59 pm
I don't even see why favoritism complaints are coming up here... it's really not like there's going to be A LOT customs picked from a list like this in the first place. The colorists already have a pretty serious workload as it is. And as stated, any one person selected would be put on the custom cooldown... so it's not any different from a colorist having an extra CC slot they decide to pick for after rolling regular slots right now.

This just gives all of the colorists an opportunity to pick an extra custom on any month they have the time and will to do so. Which also gives everyone with a custom in the CC thread that much more of a chance of getting that quest they've been after done.

Besides I've seen some colorists pick CC slots in their regular openings based on someone's faithfully entering that one dream Soq for months or a year or whatever, even if it wasn't necessarily something they'd have picked for themselves otherwise. It does happen.

But anyway... tl;dr:

Chill about the favoritism people. It's not any different from regular CC slots occasionally done in the monthly raffles. It's just an extra opportunity for everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 am
I don't think anyone has brought this up. But if this list were to happen, like the breeding list I think that a "Preferred Colorist" Section should be added. Some people don't care who does their custom, others do. And like in the breeding list, if you don't care leave it blank.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 pm
I didn't bring it up because I kind of took it for granted - much of what is part of the breeding mccl would hold true for the custom mccl - but thank you for bringing it up and reminding me that not everyone reads my mind, it is a good point to note.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 am
Pollack

Thats why there should be a rule that if you CC something in the month, you have to roll at least ONE slot from the thread. That way favoritism is cut down.

I can promise you if this is how it's set up, I will never CC anyone off the list. Why? Because the chance of rolling some uber-edit awful mess of a custom is not enticing at all to me. sweatdrop Nothing is a bigger productivity killer than a custom concept you hate.  

Felmino

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:31 am
Felmino
Pollack

Thats why there should be a rule that if you CC something in the month, you have to roll at least ONE slot from the thread. That way favoritism is cut down.

I can promise you if this is how it's set up, I will never CC anyone off the list. Why? Because the chance of rolling some uber-edit awful mess of a custom is not enticing at all to me. sweatdrop Nothing is a bigger productivity killer than a custom concept you hate.

Wholeheartedly agree to this.
It's unfair to the colorists.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:32 am
TanuKyle
Felmino
Pollack

Yup. *nod*  

Dixie

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:39 am
Dixie
TanuKyle
Felmino
Pollack

Yup. *nod*

+1  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 am
Kamiki
Dixie
TanuKyle
Felmino
Pollack

Yup. *nod*

+1
Agreed.~  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 pm
Exactly! I don't want a 'must roll' rule - I think it's a bad idea - I'd rather have a happy colorist who wants to work on my custom, and thus create amazing art - than one who dreads opening photoshop because they know that custom is lurking, waiting for them.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 am
Just wanted to say that I love this idea. heart I'm not going to make a super long post because everything I would have said has already been said, but I fully support the idea of it being totally colourist choice, no randomization or whatever. After all there are already custom raffles that make things "fair" and so this is just a little something extra that colourists can enjoy because they get to do what they want, and customers can enjoy because we get an extra chance at a custom.  

Tamiko_kitten

Sparkly Gekko

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Just my two cents worth.... I do really like this idea. It presents the opportunity for those of us with more than one concept in mind to have a chance to get the other concepts viewed by colorists. I'm sure we all have the ONE concept we want most, but that doesn't mean we do not want our other concepts either. As such, I think it an excellent idea to have it similar to the breeding CCML, where we are allowed only a certain number of concepts at a time.

Favoritism happens. It just does. We are all human and love certain people more than others. However, that being said, picking the customs of friends to do as a CC custom is by far not the only way for a colorist to be kindly towards special people. There are other means available to colorists to give treats to friends, so we need not be accusing colorists of taking away our "chances" with favoritism. As has been stated, this would be bonus slots, not required slots. Personally, I am thankful for any chance at all, much less random extra chances.

On the note of cosplays, I completely agree that they likely should not be included in this master list. I agree it would complicate things and put pressure on others seeking the same one. I can also see how there might be some outcry about this. Overall, I think that should be the call of staffers and most especially colorists. If it would complicate their lives (which are NOT at our beck and call, I'd like to add), then there would be no reason to include cosplays in the list. If they welcomed it and didn't mind the extra drama that inevitably would occur, then that's their choice. I don't believe we as customers should dictate such a detail to them.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff