Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:53 pm
ThisEmptySoul
That looks like the outfit she's wearing now, which means you must have done that quickly.... or she amazingly kept the same or similar outfit for more than a couple of hours.

Oi! scream I'll have you know that I've been keeping avis for two or more days for a while now(mainly due to redirecting/400 errors, but that's not the POINT! mad )!!! Yes, this is similar b/c I Kits did a piece for me and I wanted to re-wear the outfit she drew to show my appreciation along with changing my sig(as soon as PB stops acting an a**. stressed ) Amazingly, you say. stare

PS: NYAA NYAA, I got arts from your precious Kits Chan~! xp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:36 pm
Hey! I can get art from her too!

I just have to pay for it sweatdrop

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 pm
Finally finished Icy's bikini picture. I think I'm just going to leave outlines black or at the very least one solid color like I have been unless someone pays me a lot. Coloring them was tedious stressed I also feel more shading should have been done in the midsection, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out where or how.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 pm
Looks awesome! I know Icy will just love it! biggrin  

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:18 pm
-steals- ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:01 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Finally finished Icy's bikini picture. I think I'm just going to leave outlines black or at the very least one solid color like I have been unless someone pays me a lot. Coloring them was tedious stressed I also feel more shading should have been done in the midsection, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out where or how.

Name your price, b/c that's EXACTLY how I wanted my future art colored! I would've like the blush to blend better with her skin tone, as well as the original shape her lips had when she was sketched, but ultimately this is your best work for Icy. heart I especially love the hair, nails and shading as a whole. You're always worth waiting for sir, especially for someone who does art for free. wink  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:37 pm
The hair is most certainly fantastic. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:41 pm
I was originally going to use a much lazier method of shading for the hair, but it looked horrible stare The blush I wasn't sure how much to blend it in. I don't remember if I had sampled the color off your avatar or not... but a lot of the original flat colors were gotten from your avatar, except for the wings on the headphones which I just made to match the belly gem and bangles. At one point during the finishing touches, I had changed the headphones to look more like the avatar headphones, but I thought it went with the outfit better as the darker color, especially since I had made the nails blue and white and was told not to change them rofl

The face I had redone several times over because no matter what I did with it, it just didn't look right. I'm strangely proud of the eyeshadow, though... even though it was really easy to do rofl I'm not sure how the lips ended up a different shape. I guess it's harder for me to see as the artist. I know I did stretch them out a bit for the final piece, but you had mentioned they looked different in the flat color as well and I wasn't sure what had gone wrong then either.

At least the final is satisfactory enough rather than me putting a bunch of work into something you ended up not liking at all.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:59 pm
Since you left all the steps of the picture up, I pulled them up to see the differences. Mostly cause I was wondering about the lips too, since it was being discussed. I couldn't see how it changed until I looked at them side-by-side. It looks to me like when you inked the picture, the bottom lip was rounded out more, and the top one looks like it got stretched or something. I can see that the whole mouth was stretched when you did the final piece, and to me it looks like it went back closer to the original sketch's shape. Personally, I like the final product better, since it looks more like she's enjoying the music.

I do agree with dame, the hair looks amazing. The work you put into it was worth it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 pm
ThisEmptySoul
At least the final is satisfactory enough rather than me putting a bunch of work into something you ended up not liking at all.

*bribes at the ready, whispering "Keep putting in more work, I'll make it worth your while"* 3nodding  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:54 pm
Likes Icy's pic ~ heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:48 pm
I haven't forgotten about Tes's picture, I've just been busy... sweatdrop Though one of my classes can get kinda boring, so I end up doodling on whatever happens to be handy. This one turned out looking like Miro...

Anyway, I started out with a sketch of Tes with the grunny, but I decided I didn't like it. So here is the one I've been working on that I like a lot better. I still have some work to do on it though.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:45 pm
Well, you've gotten more done than I have for that exchange sweatdrop
*still needs to do a sketch* stressed

*totally looking up Kits' skirt in the sketch*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:58 pm
Well, I've got a really long break between classes on Tuesday and Thursday, so that's what I've been working on. I need to fix a few things and draw in the rest of Draa's tattoos. Or attempt to, anyway. sweatdrop

And yes, that was the point of that pose... lol  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm
Finished the lineart. I have some cleanup to do on it. I'll work on that when I start to color it.  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff