Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Brave New World (4e) Slots Filled! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:12 pm
oh, i wasn't saying they were "meh", i was just a little weirded out that there were so many XD

i'm good with the points, more than good, it turned out better than what i rolled irl XD

not really sure on the shape, i'm still debating between having a steady one, that shapeless one, or just depending how i/she feels at the time

edit: what i have so far, still working on it: Elleana, Elf Druid  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:00 pm
I'd like to come back to the game, if possible. My life has normalized in the past year, and would like to take another crack at the games here.  

Daelos

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:32 pm
Hmm... confused  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm
Daelos
I'd like to come back to the game, if possible. My life has normalized in the past year, and would like to take another crack at the games here.

Well, Kytana, Drag0n, and Tei all have first priority. Unless one of them bails, then I'm going to have to say no. Technically, I think Psychofish will have priority over you, but if Tei drops, I think he will decline a spot, and you can have it instead.

I'll put you in the second 'experienced player's slot', okay?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Daelos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:54 pm
Rain Yupa
Daelos

Well, Kytana, Drag0n, and Tei all have first priority. Unless one of them bails, then I'm going to have to say no. Technically, I think Psychofish will have priority over you, but if Tei drops, I think he will decline a spot, and you can have it instead.

I'll put you in the second 'experienced player's slot', okay?
Works for me, I wasn't aware all the slots were full.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 pm
Up to date. The three newer players have the real slots, and you and Fish have the pretend slots. :3  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:40 pm
KytanaTheThief
oh, i wasn't saying they were "meh", i was just a little weirded out that there were so many XD

i'm good with the points, more than good, it turned out better than what i rolled irl XD

not really sure on the shape, i'm still debating between having a steady one, that shapeless one, or just depending how i/she feels at the time

edit: what i have so far, still working on it: Elleana, Elf Druid

Don't forget Fey Origin under your racial features!

Don't forget your action point!

Which Primal Aspect did you choose for your character?

Where is "Wild Elf Luck"? I don't see it in Primal Power, nor PHB 1 or 2.

You didn't add your 'Enh' bonus to AC from your armor.

I have you with 184 gp left, not 163. After your Bracers, you should have 230 gp left. 30 for the bow, 1 for the arrows, 15 for the kit. I dunno where your other 21 gp went.

You get another ritual at 1st level, beyond Animal Messenger. In addition, you have no ritual components purchased for your rituals. Yes, you get Animal Messenger 1/day without rituals, but you might want it more than once? Or you can completely neglect Rituals altogether. Your call. But you're still entitled.

Just to make you aware, there's extra XP in it for players of BNW if they make a background :3

Were you going to include your offensive attack stats as well?

I know you're still working on it, but just letting you know what's good and what's not from an initial audit ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:58 pm
thanks a bunch for the input ^^

some of that stuff i noticed/knew about, but others i don't, mainly because i use the dnd char builder to start off, then transfer everything over to the myth sheet

the rituals thing is kind of new to me, i've always played a rogue for 4e lol..i had a half-elf druid as my very first char in a 3.5 game that we only played twice about 3-4 years ago, so needless to say, i'm a little rusty on it...but 4e makes it easy to learn (at least easier than 3.5 lol)

not sure if i'll get to work on the sheet tomorrow, depends how tired i am when i get home from work, but I should be able to work on it saturday

edit: and that's what i get for not really watching what i'm clicking in the char builder....wild elf luck is from forgotten realms...switched out for elven precision (+2 to elven accuracy)  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:01 pm
Also, if you are a Primal Predator, your speed will be 8 instead of 7. Just in case that one slipped by you as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:23 pm
Yeah, was gonna edit that last post with all the "fixin's" lol, but it'll be easier to just list 'em here

Don't forget Fey Origin under your racial features!
Fixed

Don't forget your action point!
Fixed

Added in, I'd picked Primal Guardian

Where is "Wild Elf Luck"? I don't see it in Primal Power, nor PHB 1 or 2.
Already answered

You didn't add your 'Enh' bonus to AC from your armor.
Fixed, had it in the wrong slot

I have you with 184 gp left, not 163. After your Bracers, you should have 230 gp left. 30 for the bow, 1 for the arrows, 15 for the kit. I dunno where your other 21 gp went.
Yeah, I prob got screwed up with the char builder somewhere; their buying system is really weird and easy to mess up...I trust you better, and after adding the 50 GP components, drops me down to 134.

You get another ritual at 1st level, beyond Animal Messenger. In addition, you have no ritual components purchased for your rituals. Yes, you get Animal Messenger 1/day without rituals, but you might want it more than once? Or you can completely neglect Rituals altogether. Your call. But you're still entitled.
I actually had the other ritual in there, although it might have looked like the continuation of Animal messenger...decided to just have the names there, and I put the complete descriptions of each in the Background/Notes Section. Totally forgot about the ritual components, bought 50gp worth and added to the sheet

Just to make you aware, there's extra XP in it for players of BNW if they make a background :3
Awesome, I'll prob do it when i get the time

Yup, just haven't gotten the chance to go through and figure it all out...lmao, it's the part i find the hardest out of that whole sheet XD  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:02 pm
I didn't realize that the player spots were filled & if I had one of them. If not, I apologize for posting this char (note I will roll the stats later the day I post this): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=259162.
I don't mind however if the spots are already gone. It's just the roll of the dice.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:53 am
Update on my Half-elf warlord.
He is ready to go (however, feel free to correct me on mistakes I've made or any misunderstandings I made [like about the magic weapons which I bet I made]).
Oh, if you want to give him any fancy nickname in the char sheets, you could call him Darcana, "The Scholar of War" despite his intelligence.  

Drag0nK1d

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:03 am
Drag0nK1d
Update on my Half-elf warlord.
He is ready to go (however, feel free to correct me on mistakes I've made or any misunderstandings I made [like about the magic weapons which I bet I made]).
Oh, if you want to give him any fancy nickname in the char sheets, you could call him Darcana, "The Scholar of War" despite his intelligence.

Pffft Not going to call him that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:43 pm
KytanaTheThief
Added in, I'd picked Primal Guardian

Are you sure? Primal Guardians generally want Con secondary (the boost to defense is Con-based), and you have higher Dex, more befitting of a Primal Predator (though not so much with the class feature, most of their attack powers are Dex-based for a secondary stat; see your two Encounter powers for proof). If you want to leave it, that's fine. Just making sure smile

Quote:
Yup, just haven't gotten the chance to go through and figure it all out...lmao, it's the part i find the hardest out of that whole sheet XD

If you don't mind the help...

Attack Workspace
Ability 1: Wisdom (Abil square should auto-fill)
1/2 Level: 1
Abil: 4
Enh: 1
Total: +6

Damage Workspace:
Ability 1: Wisdom
Ability 2: Wisdom (Fire/Radiant)

Abil: 4
Enh: 1
Feat: 0/1 (top/bottom)
Total (Top): +5
Total (Bottom): +6

Then, if you want, you can list your specific at-wills to the left under Quick-Look-Up, so you know what to roll against and damage.
Example:
Pounce ... +6 vs Ref ... 1d8+5
Flame Seed ... +6 vs Ref ... 1d6+2 / 4
Fire Hawk ... +6 vs Ref ... 1d8+6

That way, you don't need to cross-reference the exact numbers, you can just glance at them and know what to roll. The specifics of what each power does will be at your discretion to remember or look up. The above is how I would have listed it in each column. For Flame Seed, that would be 1d6+2 initial damage, and 4 later damage (since enhancement and feat bonuses are to damage rolls, and do not effect the net 4 damage from your wisdom).

You don't HAVE to do it these ways. It's just how I would do it ^-^  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:11 pm
Drag0nK1d
I didn't realize that the player spots were filled & if I had one of them. If not, I apologize for posting this char (note I will roll the stats later the day I post this): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=259162.
I don't mind however if the spots are already gone. It's just the roll of the dice.

Have you considered putting your 17 in strength, and let your Racial bonuses bring up your secondary stats? Or at least make Strength 14 and Con 13, for that extra +1 to hit?

Your HP should be 38 (you forgot your +5 hp for levels 2 and 3)

You have 1 too many surges.

Combat Leader isn't a feat, its a Class Feature for Warlords. Same with Inspiring Presence.

Your Quick Look-up Warhammer damage is wrong. It should be 1d10+2, not +3.

Don't forget to list your Action Point!

I won't check your equipment yet, because you shorted yourself. You get a Level 3 item, a Level 2 item, and 750 gp to spend beyond that. Assuming you still spent most of your gold on the hammer, that leaves you with that level 3 and level 2 magic item to tack onto your sheet.

When you update your gear and possibly swap your stats, I'll finish :3 Warlords are Strength Primary, and right now Strength isn't your highest or second highest stat, so its going to hurt you. The only way I can see your build working in the long run is if you paragon multiclassed into Paladin and took all Cha-based powers. But that will still hurt your Str-based powers from your Warlord side.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff