Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Cure for homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cerulean Thief

Dangerous Pirate

12,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 pm

I've heard of things such as this but am completely appalled by it. I grew up in a church and attended church since I was six years old. I had many circumstances happen to me to not doubt there was some kind of being above us, I know others have different beliefs than I do, and that's fine. I actually like to learn about other worldviews, beliefs, and perspectives.

I believe in God and Jesus but do not agree with people who try to condemn and judge others. They have no right to in the first place and if they are truly Christian they know that God does not hate homosexuals and loves all, that no one is perfect but that we should try to love one another. I've read the Bible many times and the teachings in it do not tell to go out and condemn people for their sexuality. With every belief and teachings there will be extremists; people who contort the teachings of a belief or religion for their own personal gain or views and which does not reflect the whole of the religion or belief. I mean, for example, the Koran, it's all about loving one another as well in its teachings and beliefs but here there are people doing genocide to their own people just because the views of where Muhammad came from or who is the heir to Muhammad varies from each region and instead of people trying to come to understandings or acceptance of different views in their beliefs, there are people out there slaughtering people. And this happens everywhere, there seems to be an endless occurrence of extremists in every belief and religion taking holy, biblical, sacred, whatever you want to call it words and using them against others to OK the condemning, punishing, and/or slaughtering of people.

And this all starts with people trying to force or change the views of one another, riling them and causing violent disputes. If people could learn to love and accept the way people are or to at least accept differences but do not take another's rights or freedom of choice away from them if in disagreeance, we could end this endless cycle of "religious wars" and constant fighting. But they say mankind is fickle, that we are creatures that must pursue knowledge, to know truth, to have to be right to justify our actions, decisions, and purpose in life. But I wish to defy this. What is there to knowledge or knowing all? What's its benefit? Why must we have to be right? Can we not accept the unknown? Can people not have differences? Can there not be uncertainty? Why must we try to make things our own way? Why do we have to step over others to prove a point or just because we want to be right and them wrong? It all puzzles me and I wish to learn more but not as a personal gain, but to understand more of what is really going on around us. How we affect ourselves and others.

Sorry for the rambling there. As to the "curing". I do not agree with it personally because many of those communities are trying to change people because they believe they are "flawed", "diseased", or "sinful" ect, not because the person them self wants to change but is being coerced to believe that they should change. Only the person has the right to change something of themselves, whether it's a belief, habit, addiction, talent, diet, sexuality, ect. If they want to change that is their choice. There is no need or reason for people to try to change others or try to "cure" them for there is nothing for them to cure or change if the person them self does not wish so or see as so. And it is simple as that. So these places where they "cure", if they must exist, should solely exist for only those who want to change, not because their parents, friends, family, or others want them to, only the person them self, and that's it. Otherwise, this "curing" is really only leading down to a road that has been repeated many a time with people trying to force people to convert beliefs or views, by people doing ethnic cleansing, by people doing genocide, by people having racial discrimination, ect.

Sure you can say that's a bit of a extreme stretch/view or circular reasoning, but when it boils down to it, it really is all part of that.

Of course these are my views and understandings, I know others may disagree with this, but I honestly do believe this to be the case in my opinion.

Anyways, done with the rambling. Hope it's an interesting read. Thanks for the interesting question.

Oh and I almost forgot to answer the other part. No, I would not seek myself to be "cured". I am happy the way I am and if it wasn't for the life experiences I had, I would not have been able to open my eyes and would still continue to ravage from uncertainty and trying to know the truth of who is right or wrong and only damage myself with constant confusion and misery, and would not be the caring and loving person I am today.

Until next time~

~Kumei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:39 am
Lol, someone getting mad at Christians for being intolerant?
Wow, thats like, never happened.

Of course they dislike homosexuality, it isn't what they like.
Same reason they enjoy raping my ears with bullshit converting people.
If there is more of a group, they will have more reign.
It's basics, hun.
And you will NEVER change their views.
No one will.
Some people will die for their Religion,
while Christians don't go around bombing buildings in belief that it will send them to "Heaven" they take it very seriously.
And I'm not poking fun at Muslims, I'm poking fun at the Taliban's beliefs.
And if you support the Taliban, sincerly, go hang cut yourself.
None the less, Christians and homosexuality have a pretty little past.
As their bible states it is a sin, and you will be sent to hell if you do not stop being homosexual. Or so the bible says.
While yes, it is a sin, according to the bible, everyone sins theoretically.
Therefor rendering their arguement bullshit.
If you're worried about something, don't be.
If you think you should change to conform to what they deem 'proper' don't.
I'm not trying to bash your Religion, but I find hypocracy very, very ignorant.

I didn't read your post in it's entirety, as I'm doing this via cellphone.
So yeah, sorry if I said something you already said.  

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Banghart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:26 am
If there was a cure that wasn't the stupid therapy and crap, then yes I would want to take it. But I wouldn't really call it a cure, more of a change. If I had a choice I wouldn't want to be the way I am. Not because I think it's desgusting or wrong, but because of the way other people are. I feel my life would be a lot simpler if I was straight. But the reality is that there isn't anything you can do about it. So I choose to support it instead. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:41 pm
No, I wouldn't because that would be changing who I am.  

GETOUT134

ForteAmora

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:00 pm
Did you know that up until 1973, Homosexuality was concidered a mental disorder?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:49 pm
No, I would not change my sexuality. I am happy with myself and this includes my sexuality. I'm happy to be a lesbian and I wouldn't want to change that for anything, I have no desire or want to be a different sexuality.  

Radioactive Rabbits

Shy Kitten

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:18 am
How can you cure that which isn't diseased?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:36 pm
nope. I love my gf. if I were to do something to make me not lesbian, i would just become a guy.  

Vinsmokin

Elementalists

Loyal Werewolf

3,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:45 am
Cure? likw thats good if its for straight guys. homphobes make me mad and i will burn them with fire if they try and come after me. so yeah let people try and find a cure and after we eradicate this cure let us see how succesful they will be.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 pm
Like one of the above posters said, you can't cure that which is not a disease or sickness. Homophobes like to say that you become gay and that nobody is born gay. But if that were true then the absolute same thing can be said about being straight. I believe that a person is born the way they are, may it be gay, straight, bi etc. Everyone realizes what their sexual orientation is at different stages of their life, some know very early in life and others don't figure it out until alot later on. It's all about figuring yourself out, just know that whether you're gay or straight, that's how you were meant to be and we're all perfect just the way we are. 3nodding  

Next_Gen_AnT

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:14 pm
I feel no need to change who I am and I never have. The concept of a "cure" is ridiculous. Homosexuality is found in over 450 species and Homo-sapiens are the only species that finds it appalling. If that doesn't put anything into perspective for the human race then I don't think anything will.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:15 pm
There is no cure for stupid and unfortunately, stupid is not painful.  

meligoth666

NYrHIPPIE

Devoted Flatterer

6,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 am
i wouldn't change who i am because i'm proud of what i am.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:15 am
Nope. I wouldn't. Happy with who I am.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 pm
No, I like being in the Lesbianic Realm.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff