Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
The Journey...............(A on-going story...^8^) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do?
  Prepare?
  Go into Shock?
  Panic?
  Take Control?
View Results

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:46 am
~wonders what's gonna happen next~  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:56 am
Day 4 at almost 3:00

I walk carefully to the door of the last room on the right, the door was closed for some reason.

I took a deep breath (Smelling of the air as I did) and I knew something was bad..............

I gently opened the door and saw a figure covered on the bed with the bed sheets, I imeadiatly said to myself "Plague!!!!!!!!!" eek and then I realized "If it was plague then there would me more than one body around here" stare

The thing is when plague hit a family they all got it, much the same way a family spreads a Cold or the Flu to each other naturally............... 3nodding

So first thing I did was stand still and survey the room, to the left............posters of rock-bands and a vanity dresser with a mirror back............must have been a kid or a teenager in this family. crying

to the right.................................a small walk in closet, partially open with a few things strewn on the floor just in front of it................few more posters.............a small beanie chain on the floor.

in front of me of course the bed..............the family member.....................a NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carefully I bedn down and grasp the note and read...............

This is the body of..................... she died because of the flu not the Plague.................high fever..................deyhydrated lacking............water...............without signs of the plague..............and a bit more info on the family leaving and saying the house is abandoned for anyone to use it as they see fit, but not much else in the note.

I put the note right back where it had layed and getnly flatened it back out...............

I said a prayer for the girl on the bed, and for her family, (If I ever see them, I will have to give them my symphanthies for thier loss) and then carefully I closed the door and decided.........................Time to go.  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 am
Day 4 at 4:00

I left the girl in her final resting place and headed out...........

I closed the door to the room gently and went down the hall and to the stairs taking them slowly as to not slip and fall as they still had some waxed shine left to them.

I was at the bottom of the stairs and looked around and made absolutely sure I had anything and everything of use out of the house and turned and said on last small prayer for the households occupants and turned and closed the front door and went to my car.

I made sure and gave my car a good and Thur-o check thru and got in and though "Well, Off we go into the future",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cry

I turned the car engine on and backed up into the front yard a bit and back around and onto the road I went and I started towards town.

As I was beginning to get down the road I though "Will I ever see anything on my road every again?" ......................"Probably not"...... crying

I was seeing everything for the last time I guess, I was going past fields devoid of cows and goast which there usually were all kinds of all year long. (They must not be nearby or someone may have gotten them all ready......... eek )

As I made my way down the road I came to the beginning of the rock bluff area where so many accidents happened every year because people didnt slow down going threw the long curve running along the rock bluff........................... xp

And of course people going to fast didnt stop in time to avoid hitting people at the blind spot at the beginning of the bluff and there were many accidents there as well.

But there were times when you would go threw that area and see the birds and squirrels and hear the bird songs and the smell..............the smell of the flowers was so nice during summer.............moving on the breeze I will miss that so much............ crying

Then as I came to the end of the rock bluff the trailer park community that was at its beginning came into view.........wonder if any of them are still left??????

As I passed by I went slowly...................shambles and messes everywhere..........nope highly unlikly any are still holding down the forts there. sweatdrop

I went back up the next hollow and into the area where houses dotted the road left and right and they defiantly didnt have any occupants either...................stuff strewn everywhere and everything in a mess.................they must have left in a hurry.

Then right before the next deepest hollow on the road a close neighbors house I slowed down to see if I could see any activity there................hmmmmmmmm...............no....................nothing the same as the rest of the houses..............a mess.

I continued on down into the deep hollow and over our little bridge old made of concrete sturdy.................old, so old ages old..................definatly older than me and maybe as old as my parents even. 3nodding

Still standing and not even a crack in it, even after it has been hit no less than twice that I could remember in my lifetime it was still in good shape, I said a small thing a sort of good luck charm............."May you stand as long as people have the need to cross this our small river and may you be there when children have time to sit and fish one day." I smiled and shed a tear I wished I had gotten a chance to fish on that bridge I may do so at least once one day before I die. 3nodding

I was down and over the bridge past the last small house just on the ridge over-looking the river which was in the same shape as all the rest of them.............a mess and things strewn everywhere.

Up and up the hill and past the last few bits of forested area right to the four way I mentioned earlier where the cars where damaged and all over the road...................  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:24 pm
~listening~o,o  

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:18 pm
Day 4 at around 4:45

I looked at the deserted and chaotic 4-way stop with all of the damaged cars, and looked one last time in all directions forward back the way I came and to the right and to the left.............make sure no-one is watching or going to jump me. ninja

I need to go left towards the river, the barren river/ the point............ 3nodding

I careful weave and dodge around the cars and wreckage, and slowly start down the long road to the river, making my way past alternating bits of woods and fields where cattle still were feeding and slowly eating away what they had left in the fields. sweatdrop

And of course the occasional house or tariler as I drove by watching and looking for any movement or activity..............Nothing........ crying

Oddly I would see a car here or there as I went on the side of the road and bits of Junk or trash along the road...................I suppose some people got so far and decided to park and walk it to a house or trailer or such shelter................ sweatdrop

I continues on into a bit more crowded areas with a few more houses and small gas station.........Zack's Grocery / Gas Station me and my Dad would visit when we mowed yards years ago.............. Completely trashed and stuff strewn everywhere in front and in back of the building and down the road...............it must have been ransacked. gonk

Small houses and big ones, trash scattered across their yards, some with clothes others with refuse that must have been thrown out in a hurry as people loaded their vehicles and such................some vehicles left in the yard or still in their drive way................something fishy going on with those houses.. surprised ...................maybe sickness "The Plague" or they decided to try and stay and live it out in their house. sweatdrop

I am almost there, just maybe a few more miles to the turn off and a 1/2 mile or 3/4 of a mile into the river area.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:28 am
Day 4 at around 5:20

I am at the the turn off and see no-one or anything for that matter either.

Apparently animals had been spooked in the mass exodus of people that had occurred when this whole mess started, I had speaking of which not seen one little animal all day for some reason.............. sweatdrop

Then I heard them the birds..............wheeeeeeeeeee I let a slow breath out that was getting to be very ominous indeed.

Ah! now here we go some deer are grazing in one of the grassy shoulders as I survey the surrounding camp ground areas at my disposal...........Nope not near the water.... sweatdrop ..............nope, doesnt have a place I can make a fire very well...... xp ..................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, promising but.... 3nodding .................... Ah, no it doesnt have any sort of shelter near it. xp

This maybe harder to find a spot than I think..............I may have to just pick the best place I can and work on things a bit with my supplies.

About that time as I slowly make my way down the small road along the campground area I see the best possible spot I can think of, a small Rec-Area that consisted of a small glass walled building with a set of bathroom houses beside it.

This is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pull the car up to the parking places beside of the building and park it neatly.................Then I think to my self "Why park like their is anyone else coming to park beside you, you know how likely it is that you will met anyone dont you?" rolleyes sweatdrop

I lock the doors anyway know that it is unlikely anyone will ever be here other than myself, I dont think it is to dangerous but if anyone did come by I dont want my supplies looted. sweatdrop

I go to the door..............."Dont Be Locked, Dont Be Locked, Dont Be Locked, Dont Be Locked, " I think as I slowly grasp the door handle and turn it, it opened. "Yeashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh

I open the door and look in side, of course no-one has been in this building in a little while, likely it is a building the Park Rangers probably rent out for special events................Just dust and cobwebs hanging in the corners here and there..............No need to be worried about those guys just yet.

Iturn and my mouth drops open and my eyes get as big as dinner plates emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop ...................A $#%*(*()__()**&^$& FIREPLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_jawdrop ......I hit the jack-pot this is exactly what I need for cooking cleaning pretty much everything to do with staying warm during the colder months. xd

This is definately where I am staying............................this is perhaps the prefect place or the best of the best that I could hope for.

So I went out side and started un-packing my car and arranging things to where they needed to be in my "New Home" and making sure that I had my weapons nearby in case I needed to defend myself.

I also made a quick..............well a long stop into the Bathroom Houses next to the Rec-Building to see what I could do and what was usable.

I found a small supply of T-P and some cleaning supplies of course there had to be some of this here so someone would have to go to "The Ends Of The Earth" to clean and re-stock this place every-time it needed it.

The comodes well, they where not commodes they were out-house seats, well thats okay.................No worries that they will all of a sudden stop working or get clogged up then............ redface sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

A mirror of course anyone and everyone has to have some sort of Mirror in a Bathroom, and of course I know since theres a guys side theirs a girls side so there should be about the same amount of supplies, if I am luck there as is in here. smile ................maybe minus the cleaning supplies since you would only need so much of those for just to bathrooms. 3nodding

So I get down to business so to speak and then after a much needed rest stop, I get ready for bed.

I first make sure to layout a compy blanket or two on the floor with the head point towards the door in case of intrution and take out a pillow and place it at its appropriate place set up one blanket as my cover top, remove my shoes and set my weapon of choice by the side of my makeshift bed.........."My Machete is ready...... 3nodding "

I make one last check of my car to make sure it is locked and to also make sure it isnt going anywhere, my keys are placed in a safe spot as well.

I come back in and make sure the door is locked tight and securely, and then I turn off the lights and try to get some sleep the next day will be a long and possible tiring event. sweatdrop  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:13 am
~quietly listens~x3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 am
Yuki_Windira
~wonders what's gonna happen next~

heart  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:33 pm
Do you mind if I move this into the main forum?
I think it needs more views smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:48 am
[Comic.Explosion]
Do you mind if I move this into the main forum?
I think it needs more views smile

Oh, I dont mind.

If you think it would be interesting to anyone. 3nodding redface  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:49 pm
Day 5 Morning...9:00

I wake up hearing an odd noise, gonk

Quickly I am up have my weapon (My Machete) at hand and look threw all windows and see nothing then as I check window by window I see it is a small stray dog......................... sweatdrop

I see the animal is scratching at the window beside the door apparently he knows I am here. xd sweatdrop

I got to the door and squat down and say "Hey there, where have you come from?" blaugh the doggy looks up at me tongue hanging out and wagging his tail I gentle stretch out my hand and he lets me pet him behind his ears and down his back. emotion_hug

"Well, I quess I could use some company here, come on in buddy" I let him by me and he sniffs around the room and smells my food I have packed away not out yet to eat this morning. emotion_omnomnom emotion_awesome

"Your Right, need to eat something" I walk over and move him aside and then realize "Are you a guy or a girl?, so I check and find out,......... your a guy then." redface xd

I go outside with my ax which I removed from my bag, and to the tree line about a 10 minute walk away from the building and carefully cut a small tree making cuts slowly a little on one side and a little cut on the other making a hing bit in the middle so I could bring it down easily and where I wanted it to come down. 3nodding

My little friend nearby watching, tail wagging waiting to eat something. xd

"I think I will call you "Buddy" I say as I look at him and he barked a bit at me and I said "Then it will be then, "Buddy" rofl rofl rofl

I say "Move Buddy, I am about to bring this tree down" smile

I rasie the ax, and give it a good swing, one..... sweatdrop I swing again and there it goes...........TIMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xd

The tree, a bit taller than me falls down and over to my left and "Buddy" moves out of the way and then moves back in sniffing the tree after it had become still, "Dont pee on that "Buddy"!!!!!! I walk over and shew him away. xd xd xd

Im going to be a regular Lumber Jack,,,, xd ,,,,,,,,Yeah, I wish................ sweatdrop

I take the ax and cut several good size limbs from the tree's boughs and I gather two or three handfuls of dry leaves and twigs and ruff-age for starting a fire.

Buddy as always wagging his tail watches and follows me back to the building with my fire supplies and back into the building and knelled by the fireplace....... 3nodding

Buddy right beside, watches curiously emotion_c8 as I place the bigger sticks in a tee-pee fashion and put the dry leaves and small dry bits in the middle for tender to start things off.

I walk back over to my bags and remove my small fire-starter striker, a small metal plate with a metal tipped striker which when struck along the plate generates sparks for ignition.......... emotion_awesome

I once again knell down by the fireplace and I start to strike the plate next to the dry tender leaves and such under the tee-pee of sticks.............first try....schrchchchchhc......nothing emotion_eyebrow .............schrchchchchhc second time..........nothing emotion_eyebrow .........................schrchchchchhc third time some smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_jawdrop slwoly I blow some air onto it...........and.......it goes out.......... scream scream scream scream stressed stressed stressed

@##!^&*()_(*^&$%*(){_*^&$%^&*(), I hate that!!!!!!! stressed

Buddy looks at me and barks a couple of times and looks at me, "Okay, so I need to try again" I say to him. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

It takes me three more trys but soon,...........a little smoke again!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop emotion_jawdrop .............I blow more carefully and gently and then a small flame so I carefully feed it and a small fire is born...................... SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_dowant

"There we go, "Buddy" you and I will have something to eat soon" emotion_dealwithit

I walk over to the corner with the foods I have are kept and gather a couple of cans and a bit of water from its corner into a cup and a small bowl for "Buddy"

"Nectar Of The Gods" lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,Buddy licks/ laps at his water and I drink slowly at my cup of water.

I find the small pot for cooking in which to add the conttents of the cans into after I find the can-opener........... sweatdrop ......where is that bugger???........can-opener ................can-opener rolleyes why am I calling for it. xd xd xd xd xd

Then I find it in one of my bags, and open the cans and pour them into the pot. xd stare

I take the pot over and place it next to the fire and take a bit of my water and pour it in so it wont burn up as it cooks and I see Buddy looking at me, "Okay, I will give you something to tide you over" xd xd

I look in the bags and get a Beef jerkey thats a spare food and open it up and give him it and he yips happily at me as he lays down and knibbles and bites at it and chews.

So far so good. blaugh 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:22 pm
Day 5 Middle Evening around 12:45

Buddy and me had our cooked Veggies though at first he didnt act like he wanted to eat them, but after some looking at the stuff and licking it a couple of time he ate it all and cleaned his bowl. emotion_omnomnom

And I of course followed suit, and ate mine as well, emotion_omnomnom

After we had eaten I took the bowl and set it towards the door for Buddy and keep my cup which I had used to eat out of to one side where it could be cleaned later and made sure the fire was out and the left-over food was at least covered for later consumption.

And I went out side and realized, "I need a way to get fresh water" so I took out my supplies, (The two large stock pots I saved way back, the tubing I saved and Duct Tape and two funnels I found and lastly some salt).

I take the to large pots and stand them up and take the the funnels and turn them upside down with the spouts going upwards, and then take the tubing and tap it into the holes into the end of each funnel on both sides and make it so I can open one of them up and close it carefully, (This will be the cooking side) I place a good about two cups of salt in it first thing and go to fetch the water.

Buddy seems to be interested in what Ive made and sniffs and looks at my pots emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira and stuff as I go and get a bucket and gather water....one bucket I carry back to the pots and pour into the top of the cooking side and then I go back and gather another bucket of water, Buddy follows me and take a inpropt to bath in the river before following me back. xd

I come back again and pour the second bucket in the top of the pot, Buddy is done being in the water and comes to see what I am doing, watching me as I start to set the pots as level as I can and start another fire under the first cooking pot. 3nodding

"I guess, since all I have to talk to is you I will tell you "Buddy", I say getting ready to explain this thing Ive made since I have no other companions to talk to.

I tkae the water and boild it and salt it to make the water as nearly clean and safe to drink as I can and the other pot sense it is connected to the first pot will get the condensed steam collecting in it and when the steam has cooled enough it will be water again and if I need I may yet run it threw this cycyle again to purify it again......................Buddy 3nodding ...........looks at me and turns his head to the side as if he is say "Huh, whatcha mean Willis?" and I say to myself and to him............................ lol never mind. xd

So me and Buddy stay out side, I start another fire after a few trys and Buddy and I play a bit and I play fetch with him he find the stick every time and brings it back, (Apprently he is very good at fetch xd )

I watch the fire and tend to it and check the progress of the waters evaporation and condensation into water again in the other pot, this................may take a while I think to myself. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

46,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:44 am
Day 5 Just after 3:45 in the after-noon

I went ahead and set-up all of the stuff for my sleeping arrangements again, straightening and plumping the pillows and such and made a last check of things....................Covers on floor...Check! emotion_dealwithit ..........Pillows at front of covers...Check! emotion_dealwithit ...........Cover-let for top cover....Check! emotion_dealwithit got that all squared away. 3nodding

I went back out side after settling things for the night, and of course buddy as ever was checking things out and following me around...........sniffing this and sniffing that. xd

I went first to my little water cooker for my the river water safe to drink to check its progress....................I opened the cooking end and peered in side the water had went dont a bit........about 4 or 5 inches...........Good. biggrin

I closed it back up and sealed it back tightly, I went to the other end to see how much water had been re-condensed, opened the top carefully and looked in..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm about maybe three or four good sips of water........ sweatdrop

I may have to do this for a while before I had a large enough quanity of water to do anything with. sweatdrop xp

Or I may have to find a way to make this whole system bigger. rolleyes

I will have to keep at it though, though it may take a while besides I can gather more water when it rains and especially when it snows during the winter months. 3nodding

I let it contionue to cook down as I go and decide that it is time for a Bath. redface

I go to my bags and get a bar of soap and a small rag I stuffed in, and go to the river, this is going to be so cold. emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

I get my courage up, and hear a SPLASH!!!! eek as Buddy jumps in and swims around and plays in the water, I yell at him.............."Of course you can jump in like that you have fur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol lol lol lol lol lol

I slowly put a foot in the water and draw it back just as quickly, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, its cold and then I just decide it has to be done. @!!!@

I step in and get the shivers for a moment and then I slowly get used to the cold water and commence to the fast Bath Ive ever had in my life as Buddy swims around me splashing me........."Stop That, Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" scream scream scream scream scream

I finally finish my Bath get out and get as dry as I can with a towel from one of the packs and get some clothes back on to finish drying in and once again Buddy has it made............he just shakes and shakes and he is almost dry as he was before he got in the water. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

He then starts trying to play with me..............."BUDDY!!!! stop it your still wet not as much as before but still wet enough" xd sweatdrop

So I try to dry him a bit with the towel I used earlier and managed to get him dry enough I could pet him a bit and make him leave me be so I could finish drying. rolleyes

I think as I am still drying, perhaps I might need some fire wood for later when I need a fire in the fireplace...........would hurt to be ready when I need it. 3nodding

So I put my shoes back on, and Buddy after some yipping and a bark follows me back and outside and the small walk to the little tree I felled the other day and I cut it up a bit and take the limbs down to a decent and carry-able size............One arm full at a time emotion_sweatdrop .............Buddy following me back and forth as I make..............one emotion_drool ................two emotion_drool ..................three emotion_drool trips back and forth to the building.............Whew!!!! emotion_zzz Thats enough woods cutting and I should have plenty for the time being.

Its starting to get dark, so I head inside and lay down and take my shoes off and prepare for bed..................."Good Night, Buddy." emotion_hug I say as I turn out the lights and lay down and drift off to sleep as I hear raindrops strat to hit the glass in the window pane walls. 3nodding emotion_zzz  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games