Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[M&M 2nd edition] 1 AZ - Issue #1 underway! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brains
  Brains
View Results

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:53 pm
The Pagan Tea Shop-Spells and readings
User Image
Your ad here! PM me for details.

Right, I'll shift a few things around.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:52 pm
Let me know when it's properly tweaked smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:24 pm
User Image

Okay, I'm gonna need help with this... I have three basic guns I wanna be able to summon. One is an assault rifle, (Autofire Penetrating), one is a hunting/sniper rifle, and one is a pistol whose bullets can bounce off walls and people(Via the split attack power on that one). Someone wanna help explain how I'm supposed to stat these out for the Weapon Summoning?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 pm
I can.

Just need to know your attack vs damage ratio  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:39 pm
Raganui Minamoto
I can.

*sips tea*

*watches*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:48 pm
Raganui Minamoto
I can.

User Image

It's flat.

User Image

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:49 pm
Got introduced to this thread a few hours ago. Finally got thinking about your M&M campaign. Only to have my mind took a tangent off to Zombies Ate My Neighbors, trying to figure out how to make a squirt gun deadly xd

But, me being who I am, move straight to the spell-casters, and the like, first. So I'm struggling between some kind of illusionist-made-reality, and the aforementioned deadly squirt gunner (with some accessories).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:03 pm
Okay, You're going to need to focus on your power then. Here's what I suggest.

Take 8 ranks of Weapon Summoning.

that's 16 points. Spend two more on two Power Feats.

This lets you have the following

Bolt Action Rifle: Rank 5 Blast, Penetrating, PF: Improved Range.

Assault Rifle: Rank 5 Blast, Autofire, PF: Split Attack 1 (for spraying down two guys)

Desert Eagle Special: Rank 5 Blast, PF: Split Attack 5 (up to 5 targets hit), Ricochet 5, Precise, Affects Insubstantial 2, Subtle 2

Allow me to explain.

Bolt Action: long range, high penetrating shots. Good for armored targets.

Assault: Good for shorter range, able to hit multiple times and multiple targets.

Desert Eagle Special: Heavy Pistol. Decent damage, with ricochetting bullets allowing for trick shots. Accurate, special bullets for affecting ghostly enemies, and easily summoned without being seen til used.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:05 pm
User Image

Well, the 'summoning' itself is him conveniently finding a loaded and working weapon somewhere within quick and easy reach. Dismissal would be something like the gun jamming or running out of ammo and being discarded.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:11 pm
Well... that wouldn't be any power.

That would be high ranks in search and the GM providing them to you.

Either that or see if Rain will let you take low ranks of it for basic guns found under equipment.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:16 pm
You could tack on Unreliable to the Weapon Summoning. Alternatively, use a Complication of: Guns not always available. The former would make the cost of the power cheaper, the latter would net you more Hero Points per session.

Another option is to go with mundane weapons in the Equipment section, use the Blast power with Precise power feat & Limited: Usable with Guns Only (using alternate powers to simulate auto-fire weapons, ricochet pistols, bolt action rifles, etc) and Unreliable (running out of ammo/jamming) power flaws. Keep the Complication: Guns Not Always Available. Invest heavily in Luck Control and Super Senses.

Invest in some Equipment feat ranks to have a bunch of your own guns of your own, and count on your fortunate luck to find the rest. If you did this option, I would probably have a cumulative increasing DC to find weapons in any one given scene. It's post-zombie apocalypse, I'm sure there's no shortage of ammo laying around. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:53 pm
Rain Yupa
You could tack on Unreliable to the Weapon Summoning. Alternatively, use a Complication of: Guns not always available. The former would make the cost of the power cheaper, the latter would net you more Hero Points per session.

Another option is to go with mundane weapons in the Equipment section, use the Blast power with Precise power feat & Limited: Usable with Guns Only (using alternate powers to simulate auto-fire weapons, ricochet pistols, bolt action rifles, etc) and Unreliable (running out of ammo/jamming) power flaws. Keep the Complication: Guns Not Always Available. Invest heavily in Luck Control and Super Senses.

Invest in some Equipment feat ranks to have a bunch of your own guns of your own, and count on your fortunate luck to find the rest. If you did this option, I would probably have a cumulative increasing DC to find weapons in any one given scene. It's post-zombie apocalypse, I'm sure there's no shortage of ammo laying around. :3

Assault Rifle
Blast, Autofire (+1), Limited: Guns Only (-1), Unreliable: 50% ammo loss (-1) = 1/rank
Feats: Split Attack x1 (1), Precise (1)

Bolt-Action Rifle
Blast, Penetrating (+1), Limited: Guns Only (-1), Unreliable: 50% ammo loss (-1) = 1/rank
Feats: Improved Range x1 (1), Precise (1)

Desert Eagle
Blast, Range (+1), Limited: Guns Only (-1), Unreliable: Five Uses (-1) = 1/rank
Feats: Ricochet (1), Precise (1)

Shotgun
Blast, Area: Cone (+1), Limited: Guns Only (-1), Unreliable: 50% ammo loss (-1) = 1/rank
Feats: Progression x2: Reduced Cone Size (2)

Grenade Launcher
Blast, Area: Burst (+1), Limited: Guns Only (-1), Unreliable: 50% ammo loss (-1) = 1/rank
Feats: Indirect (1), Knockback (1)

As a couple of options.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 pm
User Image

I took Unreliable as a Drawback rather than a Flaw for a -1 point for 25% fail chance rather than 50% and a -1/rank. I think it represents the luck and the Voice better. As for gun options, I need to know more what the mods are(In numbers terms per mod) rather than suggestions for how to represent it. The numbers are making my head spin.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:19 pm
Then ignore the Unreliable on each of those and make it 2 points per rank.

How powerful it is depends on how powerful you want them to be. Your highest attack bonus and highest damage bonus must equal 10 (twice your current Power Level). If you wanted to be more accurate, they will damage less. If you wanted to be more powerful, you'll hit less often.

When in doubt, make them both 5.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:30 pm
Rain Yupa
Then ignore the Unreliable on each of those and make it 2 points per rank.

How powerful it is depends on how powerful you want them to be. Your highest attack bonus and highest damage bonus must equal 10 (twice your current Power Level). If you wanted to be more accurate, they will damage less. If you wanted to be more powerful, you'll hit less often.

When in doubt, make them both 5.
User Image

They are five.

Okay, let's assume I have 5 ranks in Weapon Summoning. That means I have the ability to summon X number of weapons, where X is the number of alt power feats I grab. Assuming I make them all dynamic power feats, I have 10*X points to throw around, correct?

User Image

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas