Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Them darn kids now'days Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kids today?
Better?
10%
 10%  [ 30 ]
Worse?
43%
 43%  [ 127 ]
Kids in my day....
12%
 12%  [ 36 ]
Is there soup today?
15%
 15%  [ 45 ]
Wanders off......
19%
 19%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 294

jellysundae

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:01 pm
they're still called mobile phones over here in england 3nodding

just to cause some cross-Atlantic confusion of course.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:57 pm
Does anyone remeber when DSL was the pinacle of connection speed?  

Nobility Glistens

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:59 am
When I was a kid my grandmother bought the first microwave we had in our family. That thing was huge, it had dials and buttons (not the digital display buttons). I remember her using that and my mother telling us that there was no need for us to buy one for our home...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:57 pm
I remember the first day of MTV.
But not at my house, at my cool teenage friend's house. I was under 10 at the time. I think. Can't really remember.
I remember having a huge Raggedy Ann doll. And I wore her clothes for Halloween one year.
But most of all, I remember shopping at a store called Cost Plus (not Cost Plus IMPORTS) in Fresno California that was filled with cool foreign toys and funky notebooks that smelled like grass and weird foreign food.
They also had metal bellydancing outfits on the wall. By the time by female attributes had grown enough to fit into a metal mesh bra, the store had changed to the outlet center version of Pier 1. crying I cry.  

Umberella

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:13 pm
Malheureux
Hey all you Geezers and Geezette...

I remember when you got your butt smacked for being bad in the grocery store... No one was shooting their classmates back then.

-- SNIP--

What ever happened to Mr. Peabody and his Way-Back Machine? Or Mighty Mouse... Or Tom Slick... What about Underdog?

Nope. I never got my butt smacked in the grocery store and I never shot anyone in my school. Neither did anyone in my rather liberal generation, come to think of it. Why do you guys want us to hit our kids so badly?

I DO remember when political disputation was acceptable in the United States, however. And I remember when the United States were the good guys instead of international bully. Oh yes, and I remember when we didn't have a heriditary ruler.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:19 am
I remeber when there was that one kid in the neighborhood that had Atari and we all wanted to hang at his house because he had the Atari. Now, it's "Get your face out of hat Gameboy, the world's going on without you!"

And don't get me started on some of the haircuts and clothes teenage boys are wearing nowsaday. They look like morons.  

Marty Nozz

jellysundae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:51 am
Marty Nozz

And don't get me started on some of the haircuts and clothes teenage boys are wearing nowsaday. They look like morons.

rofl there's no telling them that though is there?
you just get this pitying look..
'what would you know, you're old, it's FASHION'

LMFAO

just wait til they're older and their parents dig the photo album out to show their latest girlfriend..then they'll want to curl up and die rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:09 pm
That's going to be a glorious day indeed. I even told one of those little punks to his face, "You look like half a drag queen."  

Marty Nozz

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:25 am
Malheureux
Harbone
Why do you guys want us to hit our kids so badly?

There ain't nothin wrong with a well-placed throng on the buttocks now and again. Letting kids get away with stuff is not the way to go. They loose their respect for authority.

Harrumph. I remember when authority didn't need no respect to keep workin' - when it was actually made up of better people so's you didn't have to be afeared of it in order to do what it asked o'yer.

In fact, I remember when we all WANTED to help, instead of asking what would happen to us if we were stupid enough to try.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:42 am
Teens these days know they can get away doing only what they want. I asked my daughter to go to a store with me because I needed her help. It was the middle of the day on a saturday, she told me no, that she was too tired. I told her that she was coming with me because what I was getting was too heavy for me to carry on my own. She layed down on the couch and turned her head away from me. I told her a few more times she was coming with me and she just said no, I then dragged her off the couch and she layed on the floor doing the same thing.

At that point what is a parent to do??? I told her to go to her room, which was just what she wanted, that way she could spend the day sleeping or doing what she wanted.

Now if I told her... "hey Teen, lets go to the mall..." she would have said, give me 10 minutes to get ready and we would have been out the door.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Marty Nozz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:25 am
See that right there is why every parent should own a cattle prod.

"I don't want to..."

BZZT!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:49 am
Well, Lil Jo, why'd you order your kid around instead of offering something more attractive? I mean, wouldn't it have been easier for you both to just say, "Hey, let's go to the mall."

And, then, you could say, "oh yeah, and while we're there, I need some help with these groceries."

Why, I remember when parenting wasn't about exerting power, it was about building a relationship that would last for years.

Of course, in them days, individual people actually HAD power.

And you know what else these kids nowadays don't appreciate?
Hunting. When's the last time you met a kid who could tell the difference between buck shot and bird shot? You tell me that!  

Harbone
Crew

jellysundae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:47 am
Marty Nozz
See that right there is why every parent should own a cattle prod.

"I don't want to..."

BZZT!

twisted rofl oh yeah!!

Harbone
"Hey, let's go to the mall."

And, then, you could say, "oh yeah, and while we're there, I need some help with these groceries."

3nodding nice!
psychology is vital with teens i'd say, they think they know it all and that you're easy to fool, but grown-ups know better and can play them totally if they're cunning enough.
Having no kids i have no grounds to comment what so ever, but i think while a lot of teen behaviour is hormone driven, peer pressure has a lot to do with it too, can't look bad infront of your friends by helping out with the groceries!!

i mean, like ,what if someone saw me at the grocery store, OMG!!!

rolleyes  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces