Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mystery Guild of Randomness

Back to Guilds

Life is Random, so are we! 

Tags: Random, Occasional Contests, Games, Role-playing, Questions 

Reply ❖ RP [Role Playing] - Prefer to roleplay? Join, or start your own, here.
~Entities: The OOC Thread~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jimbob Not Home

Original Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:19 pm
Dude, Reavis, my post said it was a decent warm temperature. XD  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:30 pm
Dude, Ace... The post was made on 3 hours of sleep, and I went to sleep almost instantly after XD  

Reavis Faldare

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

MaydayMars

Golden Capitalist

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:29 pm
So I think it would be prudent for me to let you all know, it's my finals week. Therefore I will get on and check as much as possible, but it's finals, and I'm already up to my waist in studying. SO MUCH HATE. *Ahem* anyways, I'll check as much as I can.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:52 pm
Somber: Might I say it would probably be best, storyline wise, to save that kind of arrival thing, where everyone is looking, until everyone has arrived? I mean, there are a few posts from people that haven't arrived yet.

Just saying. smile  

Reavis Faldare

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jimbob Not Home

Original Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:15 am
Reavis Faldare
Somber: Might I say it would probably be best, storyline wise, to save that kind of arrival thing, where everyone is looking, until everyone has arrived? I mean, there are a few posts from people that haven't arrived yet.

Just saying. smile

Also, to expand on this a bit.
Don't say other people's characters do something without having the player's permission to take over their character. That's a big no-no.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:28 am
Purified Ace
Reavis Faldare

Just saying. smile

Don't say other people's characters do something without having the player's permission to take over their character. That's a big no-no.

I really don't want it to seem like we're all ganging up on Somber, but it's for good, I promise! And it will help anyone else who is unsure about this as well.
I just realised how much I have written so I forewarn y'all:

wahmbulance LONG POST OF LONGNESS wahmbulance [Sorry sweatdrop ]

The idea of roleplaying is interacting with other people. For example, rather than just saying everyone was in awe, end your post and give everyone a chance to respond in their own way. Also, at least three of the people in the group haven't even arrived at the park yet.
You can set up the scene as much as you want, giving everyone an idea on what you want as a response, which you did really well, but you've still got to wait for everyone to be there and everyone to respond on their own.
I also noticed earlier when your character got there and helped with setting up, you didn't actually interact with the characters that were already there, only alluded that you did. That's okay, but I bet it would be more fun for you if you actually had your character say 'hi' and ask what was left to do. Remember, you can be shy and still interact with people! If you don't interact, it's more like you're writing your own story, and when that happens you're more likely to get ignored by the rest of the roleplayers. I hope you understand what I'm saying here, I'm not criticizing you in any way, it's just more fun for all involved if you give everyone a chance to say something on their own, rather than just saying they did something. In roleplaying we never, never say a character did or said something if we are not the person controlling that character.
It's a little bit different for NPCs, that is, minor characters that you might introduce for story purposes, for example Grace's mother or the boy in Lulu's first post that was interested in her, but usually we ask permission for control of those as well.

I really hope that clears things up in case anyone else is confused about this as well. If you want to talk about it further feel free to PM me or Ace or even Reavis with any questions or comments or complaints, this is all about making this as fun as possible for everyone!  

tenihitonoko

Distinct Hunter

Guardioz

Romantic Husband

7,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:59 pm
Purified Ace
Reavis Faldare

Just saying. smile

This is my first time to RP, So comment away when I do something that I shouldn't. It helps me to have criticism like this. It helps me become more RP literate. I don't think of that kind of criticism as bad. I just need to learn what to do and what NOT to do.
Thanks,
from Somber.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 pm
Sorry I haven't posted. Life hit me in the fact with a load of bricks.

Fixing it.. May take a few days. ninja Will try to post at the college on mondays-thursdays... But otherwise, I gotta wait til my new keyboard comes in for the laptop.  

Reavis Faldare

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jimbob Not Home

Original Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:26 pm
This is a post to inform you all that Ace and Teni's pc is currently deader than a...sufficiently dead person. >.>

Hopefully, we'll be back online within a week.
Hopefully. Just hang tight, and check back with us in a little while.

Thanks,
Ace.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:14 am
Hello everyone!

Sorry to keep everyone waiting. We'll be at the park and commencing with the Party soon (this means story progression "yay!")

So, post away, people.  

Jimbob Not Home

Original Elocutionist

Jimbob Not Home

Original Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:14 pm
So, is it just gonna die, or does everyone just not know what to post? Cause if that's the case, I'll take over for a moment and do one final short time skip, just to the point where the party is going.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:51 pm
Haven't really been on lately...

Guess I'm gonna post again sometime.. Sorry, been playing a lot of video games. sweatdrop  

Reavis Faldare

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Guardioz

Romantic Husband

7,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:27 pm
Purified Ace
So, is it just gonna die, or does everyone just not know what to post? Cause if that's the case, I'll take over for a moment and do one final short time skip, just to the point where the party is going.

I check back almost everyday.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:24 pm
I'm wondering why no ones posting anymore...... neutral  

Guardioz

Romantic Husband

7,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100

Jimbob Not Home

Original Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:03 am
Sorry about not posting much, guys. I hope to by the end of the week. Last week I started a full time job. My replies are gonna be a bit slow for awhile.  
❖ RP [Role Playing] - Prefer to roleplay? Join, or start your own, here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games