Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Slash couples you DON'T like? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:28 am
Ron/Remus most likely wouldn't make sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:36 am
Javier Cross

Other than my problem slashing Ron, I don't see any inherent reason why it couldn't work.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross

Other than my problem slashing Ron, I don't see any inherent reason why it couldn't work.

I can't seem to tell if its crazy-awesomeness speaking, or if its Pseudo-Sadism at work, now that i think about it.

Tonks/Fleur, then?(on whether or not it might be any better?)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:43 am
Javier Cross
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross

I can't seem to tell if its crazy-awesomeness speaking, or if its Pseudo-Sadism at work, now that i think about it.

Uhhhh

<.<

I like Tonks/Fluer.

Generally, I'm pretty lax about shipping.
A few things that I just do not like:
Adult!Snape shipping ESPECIALLY with students. (I can make exceptions for Lucius, Remus and Sirius, because they went to school together.) But Snape/A Student? I just....can't.

Most Voldemort ships: It has to be really really well done for me to like 'em.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross

Uhhhh

<.<

I like Tonks/Fluer.

Adult!Snape shipping ESPECIALLY with students. (I can make exceptions for Lucius, Remus and Sirius, because they went to school together.) But Snape/A Student? I just....can't.

I never said i disliked Tonks/Fleur, i was just asking if it might be better, honest, cross my heart and hope to cry(hopefully without my emotional systems going haywire!) redface

Alas, we can save more on that bit later on, agreed?

So Achilles/Pettigrew being potentially bad?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:53 am
Javier Cross
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross

Uhhhh

<.<

I like Tonks/Fluer.

I never said i disliked Tonks/Fleur, i was just asking if it might be better, honest, cross my heart and hope to cry(hopefully without my emotional systems going haywire!) redface

I'm opposed to all cross over ships.
Unless on the rare occasion that they are done beautifully.
(The only one that comes to mind is SNAFU's Powerpuff girls Doujin. Blosom and Dexter are adorbz.)  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross
[Ren The Ryoko]
Javier Cross

Uhhhh

<.<

I like Tonks/Fluer.

I'm opposed to all cross over ships.
Unless on the rare occasion that they are done beautifully.
(The only one that comes to mind is SNAFU's Powerpuff girls Doujin. Blosom and Dexter are adorbz.)

Let me guess, potential intrigue from Veela/lady from Aphrodite's blood-lines notwithstanding, right?

In any case, if i may be excused for now, i gotta get back to factpile so i can see Eragon in more fights, particularly in one in which i am opposing his side, outright in it, that i suggested.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:12 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
I dunno. Maybe I could subvert it, and have Draco go back to Ron.
My only problem is that when I try to put Ron into slash, he ends up being way more submissive than he should be.
Or they could have a threesome and then everyone would be happy. XD Does it still count as Ron/Draco if it's Ron/Draco + Harry?

Really? I dunno, I see him being a little shaky the first few times, then once he gets the hang of being in a relationship I see him being more aggressive. I don't know why though. :/

Maybe it's just because I see him as so straight, that being with a dude would be just SO far out of his comfort zone it would make him kind of..shaky and submissive. In over his head.
I can sort of see that. I kind of want to write this now, but I'm still struggling with the idea of him in a relationship with another guy, much less Draco, so I don't think I could pull it off. Then the fact that it'd be a challenge is kind of alluring. D:

Any other relationships you have trouble seeing? Tonks and Remus never made much sense to me either. Probably because I was too convinced that he and Sirius were meant to be. Most of the time. There were some funny Remus/Snape ones out there.

I just finished a really hard fanfic (Bellatrix/Sirius stuff). I was hoping I could write a few easy ones first. XD Still, I'd like to be able to write Ron slash... I may have to try.
Maybe not Dron though. I might go with Bill or Charlie or the Twins with Ron. For some reason I think that might be a little easier.

Remus/Tonks is awful. But I think it was SUPPOSED to be awful. Like it was purposely bad to make a point about rushing into relationships, or only being in a relationship for the other person and ignoring what you want and how it sucks.
I haven't written fanfiction for a while, but I've been sort of sucked into the Hikaru no Go fandom and I really want to write something for that. I won't be able to post it for a while though, I'm leaving tomorrow for two weeks and won't have access to internet.

It is sadly easier to pair Ron with his siblings than anyone else. :/

It makes me feel better to think of it like that than if JK honestly wanted us to see it as Tru Luv~. I agree with the "too concerned for the other person part," but didn't the Weasleys rush into a relationship too? They seemed to turn out okay.  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 pm
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
I dunno. Maybe I could subvert it, and have Draco go back to Ron.
My only problem is that when I try to put Ron into slash, he ends up being way more submissive than he should be.
Or they could have a threesome and then everyone would be happy. XD Does it still count as Ron/Draco if it's Ron/Draco + Harry?

Really? I dunno, I see him being a little shaky the first few times, then once he gets the hang of being in a relationship I see him being more aggressive. I don't know why though. :/

Maybe it's just because I see him as so straight, that being with a dude would be just SO far out of his comfort zone it would make him kind of..shaky and submissive. In over his head.
I can sort of see that. I kind of want to write this now, but I'm still struggling with the idea of him in a relationship with another guy, much less Draco, so I don't think I could pull it off. Then the fact that it'd be a challenge is kind of alluring. D:

Any other relationships you have trouble seeing? Tonks and Remus never made much sense to me either. Probably because I was too convinced that he and Sirius were meant to be. Most of the time. There were some funny Remus/Snape ones out there.

I just finished a really hard fanfic (Bellatrix/Sirius stuff). I was hoping I could write a few easy ones first. XD Still, I'd like to be able to write Ron slash... I may have to try.
Maybe not Dron though. I might go with Bill or Charlie or the Twins with Ron. For some reason I think that might be a little easier.

Remus/Tonks is awful. But I think it was SUPPOSED to be awful. Like it was purposely bad to make a point about rushing into relationships, or only being in a relationship for the other person and ignoring what you want and how it sucks.
I haven't written fanfiction for a while, but I've been sort of sucked into the Hikaru no Go fandom and I really want to write something for that. I won't be able to post it for a while though, I'm leaving tomorrow for two weeks and won't have access to internet.

It makes me feel better to think of it like that than if JK honestly wanted us to see it as Tru Luv~. I agree with the "too concerned for the other person part," but didn't the Weasleys rush into a relationship too? They seemed to turn out okay.

Why is Ron easier to make incesty than not? @.@

Yeah, the Weasley's were fine. The Potters were fine. But I think JKR wanted to make the point that NOT everyone is fine. That NOT all rushed marriages work. Some do, sure, but some are deeply flawed and cracked and cause unhappiness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:36 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]

Yeah, the Weasley's were fine. The Potters were fine. But I think JKR wanted to make the point that NOT everyone is fine. That NOT all rushed marriages work. Some do, sure, but some are deeply flawed and cracked and cause unhappiness.
I... don't know. o.o Maybe it's because I'm already used to the idea of Weasley incest, what with Forge and Gred? They're a gateway pairing, that must be it! ninja

True, I guess she had to have both sides of the coin. Except I don't remember Tonks ever being shown as unhappy except when she was pining. After, she was fine. Or at least being unhappy off-screen. Did we ever get her perspective on Lupin trying to run off with Harry and co. during the Horacrux Hunt or his monthly crisis of confidence? And then they were dead, so we didn't get much from them after that.

Kind of related: HP comic with a flashback of the above scene
It has Lupin in it! That means it's related!  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]

I... don't know. o.o Maybe it's because I'm already used to the idea of Weasley incest, what with Forge and Gred? They're a gateway pairing, that must be it! ninja

True, I guess she had to have both sides of the coin. Except I don't remember Tonks ever being shown as unhappy except when she was pining. After, she was fine. Or at least being unhappy off-screen. Did we ever get her perspective on Lupin trying to run off with Harry and co. during the Horacrux Hunt or his monthly crisis of confidence? And then they were dead, so we didn't get much from them after that.

Kind of related: HP comic with a flashback of the above scene
It has Lupin in it! That means it's related!

Tonks's reaction is honestly the most upsetting part of Remus/Tonks. Because it's so painfully obvious that Tonks doesn't know and doesn't care how Remus feels about it. She got "her man" and gets to have her baby and it makes her just as pleased as punch, even when Remus is CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY completely miserable about it. It's actually pretty sickening how Remus's unhappiness has NO EFFECT at all on Tonks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Tonks's reaction is honestly the most upsetting part of Remus/Tonks. Because it's so painfully obvious that Tonks doesn't know and doesn't care how Remus feels about it. She got "her man" and gets to have her baby and it makes her just as pleased as punch, even when Remus is CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY completely miserable about it. It's actually pretty sickening how Remus's unhappiness has NO EFFECT at all on Tonks.
Yeah, it is rather disturbing. Maybe it's one of those cases of, hey, if I pretend everything's okay, it will be? But yeah, fail communication of their part. Or fail compassion. Maybe they had off-screen fights? Some kind of resolution of that?  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 pm
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
Yeah, it is rather disturbing. Maybe it's one of those cases of, hey, if I pretend everything's okay, it will be? But yeah, fail communication of their part. Or fail compassion. Maybe they had off-screen fights? Some kind of resolution of that?

I dunno. We never get any indication that Tonks knows or gives a crap that Remus is unhappy. She's just got her bubble gum stupid a** pink hair.
It just makes her seem so DUMB and clueless and shallow and self centered that I can't really handle it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:32 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]

I dunno. We never get any indication that Tonks knows or gives a crap that Remus is unhappy. She's just got her bubble gum stupid a** pink hair.
It just makes her seem so DUMB and clueless and shallow and self centered that I can't really handle it.
This is going in my list of Things JK Rowling Could Have Explored But Didn't. Other things that would have been interesting: Yes, Harry, you really are the heir of Slytherin. Surprise! Oh, and if Ginny hadn't snapped back to being normal after being possessed by Voldemort for an entire year. You'd think she'd at least have picked up some habits of his or something. Or learned some Dark Arts. I think Ginny gone mad with Riddle's power would be a fun Ginny to read. sweatdrop

But yeah, the whole Remus/Tonks relationship seemed like such a "pair the spares moment" that it was frankly not very enticing. Even when they were trying to be a couple in the books, it felt forced. Look at Bill and Fleur in comparison, you could tell they at least got along. And she still loved him after he got the scar, proving to Molly that just because she's pretty and blonde doesn't mean she's superficial.

Tonks always gave me the impression of being really young, which was weird, because you'd expect a fully certified Auror to inspire a different sort of feeling, right? Like fear or awe or respect. Shacklebolt and Moony managed it, but Tonks was... eh. It was cute until she shacked up with Lupin. >.<  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:56 am
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]

This is going in my list of Things JK Rowling Could Have Explored But Didn't. Other things that would have been interesting: Yes, Harry, you really are the heir of Slytherin. Surprise! Oh, and if Ginny hadn't snapped back to being normal after being possessed by Voldemort for an entire year. You'd think she'd at least have picked up some habits of his or something. Or learned some Dark Arts. I think Ginny gone mad with Riddle's power would be a fun Ginny to read. sweatdrop

But yeah, the whole Remus/Tonks relationship seemed like such a "pair the spares moment" that it was frankly not very enticing. Even when they were trying to be a couple in the books, it felt forced. Look at Bill and Fleur in comparison, you could tell they at least got along. And she still loved him after he got the scar, proving to Molly that just because she's pretty and blonde doesn't mean she's superficial.

Tonks always gave me the impression of being really young, which was weird, because you'd expect a fully certified Auror to inspire a different sort of feeling, right? Like fear or awe or respect. Shacklebolt and Moony managed it, but Tonks was... eh. It was cute until she shacked up with Lupin. >.<

Word for Word I agree.
Remus/Tonks was just so BLAH.
Which is kind of sad. If it had been done right, it might have been really sweet.
Instead it's the one canon pair that makes me RAGE.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff