Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 pm
"I'm not entirely...sure." Eva replied in small phrases, as if she were still only halfway conscious, "The world was spinning...and then I fell...and had that vivid dream."
By that time, the vehicle had parked on the pavement ahead of them, paramedics jumped out to Eva and Scarlet. One immediately began checking Eva's vitals, despite her being conscious, while the other asked her questions. She was still weak in Scarlet's grasp and still spoke with small bursts, which was what made them carry her to the truck. They did not leave the site, but merely took a sample of her blood for testing, and injected her with a couple different medications. She gradually came back to her full senses, and after convincing her caretakers of that fact, was released back outside. They would notify her later of her test results.
Eva searched the small gathering for Scarlet again, though it wasn't difficult with how everyone else avoided her. She found that fact a little bit curious, but didn't dwell on it.
"Ma'am? Thank you for your help, and I'm so terribly sorry for involving you in this. Here," She withdrew a $50 bill from her pocket and handed it off to Scarlet, "for your troubles." She smiled genuinely.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:08 pm
I smiled and accepted the the bill.

Thank you.

I put my hands together infront of me, with one fist covered my my hand infront of my chest, while I gave a shallow bow. I then straightened.

I'm a little curious... I rubbed my forehead at the now very loud buzzing in my skull. What happened in your dream?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 pm
Someone snapped a photo from behind, which caused Eva to whip around irritably in the camera light. It was one of those annoying photographers from the tabloids. She growled something vulgar at him before turning back to Scarlet, ushering her to follow along on a brisk walk. Only after they'd left behind the group did she start to answer the question.
"It was about this crazy world, where everything was grey and dead. I was in this really long row of people, and they all looked the exact same. I mean, their faces were different, but they wore the same uniform, stood the same way, stared off in the same direction. Almost like the whole lot of them were frozen in time," She paused briefly, the look of wonder was evident on her face. "Anyway. I was reading off their nameplates, and then I heard this...mechanical noise, and so I returned to my place in line. It was this robot coming down the row, inspecting everyone for something. It hesitated when it looked at me – I think it could tell I wasn't frozen – but passed right by. The whole thing ended with me feeling something sharp jabbed into my back, and a robot standing me back up before I passed out. It just seemed so real..."
Eva hadn't realized that she'd stopped walking until then, and continued moving to catch up to Scarlet. She let silence carry them forward for a moment before speaking again, "Are you from around here? I don't recognize you. I'm Eva."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:51 pm
I had been listening the entire way. I nodded to myself as I thought about that. I then nodded to her as she finally introduced herself.

I am Scarlet. I am... a nomad is the best word for it, I suppose. I tend to wander on foot from city to city. I've been... looking for something. So far I haven't found it. So I keep wandering.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Sardonic Excitement

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 pm
Januff swung her legs back and forth beneath her, twirling the dagger in her grasp. Sh looked down on the street through half lidded eyes, thinking of nothing in particular. Today had been a fairly slow day for her, but she'd heard tale of a fight with another guardian not too far from her. The corrupted were growing more and more bold by the day.

She threw her legs over the side of the balcony, dropping the short distance--to her--between it, and the sidewalk, beginning to walk. Beautiful faces, everywhere she looked, and she, their only hope at staying safe. She smiled at the absurdity, crossing the street. Lunch would be good...she hadn't eaten breakfast this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:20 pm
"Ah, I see. That must be fascinating — seeing so many different places. How do you like this city? I've heard it's one of the larger ones, but I haven't ever really left it..." Eva let her thoughts wander for a moment, "Well, there're a lot of 'somethings' in this place. Too many, if you ask me."
She glanced in at the clock of one of the storefronts, only to find it to be almost midnight. That would explain why she was so tired. She looked back to Scarlet, "Do you have a place to stay tonight? If not, we always have room. Raowan has a guardian mansion, and it's just the two of us living there. It's almost a bit lonely at times, really." She mused, seeking out the stars above them. Though, with the bright neon lights, it wasn't a very easy task.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:24 pm
I put my hands together and did that bowing gesture again.

I would be grateful. It would be nice to have a bath and sleep on a bed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:28 am
Eva just smiled in response, a bit humored by Scarlet's formality with bowing. But she was more focused on the street, seeking out a taxi on the hovering track. She was too lazy to fly at the moment, and wasn't certain if Scarlet even knew how to fly. An unoccupied one floated down from the track, hovering low beside the walkway. Eva told the automated vehicle where she needed to go, then got in with Scarlet. It shut its doors smoothly, hesitated a moment, then lifted soundlessly (to the average person's ears) into the magnetic track.
The city breezed by in silence, lights dimmed by the tinted windows, yet still as breathtaking as ever. Only the smallest, family-owned businesses were closing by this time, but every other shop knew about the insane profits made from the nightlife. Each city district brought a whole new atmosphere as they glided above them; the industrial zone, the shopping center, the civil services, the slums, and lastly the suburbs. Eva had lived here her entire life, yet still remained ignorant to a number of those districts.
The noise and luminescence of the city slowly faded behind them, exchanged for a more open-country setting. Entire fields of homes existed on either side, until the path cleared out into a small forest. Still they reached forward, floating just above the treetops, and a lake came into view, reflecting back the moon's natural beauty. Atop a hill, alongside the lake stood the silhouette of a guardian manor. The taxi fell out of traffic then, lowering gracefully to the front lawn of that manor, and gave Eva the estimate of cost for travel. She slid her credit card down its payment kiosk, signed her name in cursive, then left the vehicle to join Scarlet.
"Well, here we are – home sweet home." She announced, withdrawing a small device from her coat pocket. They passed by a running fountain with a sculpture of some generic guardian angel, pointing his sword to the heavens as water spurted from his wing-tips. The grass melded into a pathway of cream-colored stones, which led to the small staircase just below the doorway. The front entrance was framed by a high-reaching arc of marble, and above that arc was an ornate balcony. Instead of the normal lock-and-key, however, a scanner existed in the wall beside the handle-less door. Eva held up her device just in front of the scanner, waited for it to beep in recognition, then entered the now cracked door.
The interior was very spacious, with a high ceiling and creamy marble walls. A curved staircase reached out in a crescent shape at either end of the room, leading to the next floor. The lighting was provided by the central chandelier, along with smaller lamps built right into the walls. Someone's voice echoed from down the hallway to the right.
"Feel free to explore; I'll be right back. Then I'll take you to your room, okay?" She told Scarlet, then started off down the hall into the large kitchen.
Raowan leaned back against the countertop, facing away from Eva, saying his goodbye to someone on the phone. He turned it off, sighed audibly, then clicked it back into the dock.
"Something wrong?" Eva asked suddenly, causing Raowan to whip around in surprise. She saw a combination of fatigue, worry, and relief in his expression all at once. He scooped her up in a tight embrace, uttering a low "Thank god..." into her hair before pulling away again.
"What'd I tell you about not getting into trouble?" He asked, halfway teasing, halfway concerned, "That was the hospital calling, about your blood test. Eva, I almost went out to search for you, but then I got that call—"
"What was the result?" She interrupted, all humor dropped from her tone.
Raowan pulled up a stool behind him to sit down, Eva did the same.
"They didn't find anything, yet. But they want you to come back for more testing soon. Now...what, exactly, happened earlier?"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 pm
I looked around the place, my tail waving in curiosity as I wandered around the large room. I wasn't used to being inside-- and being in such a large house made the sensation even odder. I wanted to sit under a tree. It was oddly kind of cute as I explored, tail up and waving, ears perked, green eyes opened wide.

I felt my machete bump against my leg as I wandered. I paused, even more alert. Didn't she say this place is a guardian mansion...? Will I get in trouble for carrying my machete? I thought to myself nervously.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:41 pm
Eva shook her head gently, "Not much. I just fainted, that's all. I was feeling really quite dizzy, and then I passed out on the street corner. I had that odd dream...and then I woke up; Scarlet stayed with me the whole time, apparently."
" 'That's all'? Eva, there could be something seriously wrong. People don't just lose consciousness for no reason—"
"Oh, by the way, Scarlet's staying the night with us. She's not from around town, and needed a place to stay, so I offered." Eva now stood up and went back to the hall, Raowan walked with her. They entered the main room, Scarlet plain in sight. Raowan was the first to notice the woman's weapon, and tensed up beside Eva. He tried to discreetly hold her back, but Eva was oblivious and continued forward.
"Scarlet, this is Raowan, and vice versa." She introduced them rather informally, waiting for the guardian to greet her. He did so rather politely, like any guardian would, "I am pleased to make your acquaintance. However...are you aware, ma'am, of the weapons policy?" He asked gently and without any hint of animosity, but had that icy stare of authority.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:59 pm
I was looking at a vase with some roses in it when Eva approached with this Raowan in tow. First one catlike ear swiveled to listen before I turned to face the pair. I had been expecting this, but my face showed no hostility or malice to either of them.

I apologize about my machete... but I am a nomad, you see. I wander through the wilds more often then not. I am only staying in the city for a few days, maybe not even that. I see this blade as more of a tool then a weapon. A method of making shelter, defense against wild animals, that kind of thing. A necessity for survival. And I swear to you, it has never tasted human blood.

~~~

In an alley, in the heart of the city, a being formed into existence. She wore a loose red kimono with a pale blue obi, and golden eyes took in her surroundings from under a few strands of pale orange hair.

She opened her mouth and tasted the air as she sniffed and smelled and watched. She tucked her arms into her long sleeves as her wings spread. She took flight, rising over the city streets and over the traffic, watching all below her as she once again started her search...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Raowan gave a slight nod of understanding, for he could not find any signs of deception about her. Normally, Corrupted stood out with a rather obvious body language. "Very well then. Please make yourself comfortable, and enjoy your stay."
Eva smiled again, "I'll take you upstairs so you can unpack." She led the way up one set of steps, occasionally glancing back to Raowan, who remained down on the main floor. He seemed distracted, and not by Scarlet. She shrugged it off and continued to one of the many doors.
Inside was a moderately sized guest bedroom, with vibrant red walls and a matching canopy bed. A wooden desk and chair faced out toward the window, which overlooked the backyard's garden. Other pieces in the room included a standing mirror, a small nightstand, a clock, a ceiling fan, and numerous individual lights mounted in the walls.
"Is this to your liking?" Eva asked, "If not, the other room is blue and exactly like it. I themed each bedroom after a color, since he had no taste in color-coordination whatsoever..."  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:42 pm
The very shadows seemed to be grabbing at him, as if they were the devil ready to drag another sinner to hell. Devon ran with great urgency in his step, frantic eyes, and a thrumming heart. He stopped just briefly, peered back over his shoulder, then crumpled to the ground in defense as a massive explosion tore apart the warehouse. Muddled screams of agony rung out clearly to his canine ears, originating from the flames, slowly dying away. The surge of heat and debris above him signaled his time to leave. He again stood, jittery and unpredictable, and took off into another mad dash down the alley. He could feel the walls watching him, the sky descending upon his skull, the beast trying to rip him apart from within. But still, not even the unbearable paranoia could stop his bloodlust, his craving for others' pain.
Devon skidded to a halt behind a general store, caught his heaving breath. His eyes never ceased surveying, never stopped looking for any possible threat. He waited a moment before slowing his pace to a normal walk, and joined a large crowd walking down the main street.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:48 pm
Thank you. I said to Raowan, before following Eva up the stairs, my tail waving back and forth as I walked.

When she and I reached the guest room I immediately took a good look around, looking for a bathroom and other nessessties.

I quite like it, actually, thank you. Red is my favorite color, but not a very good color one for wandering about the Wilds.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash