Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Oh hai dere, Suitehearts! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good lord, is that a poll?
  Why, I do believe it is, old chap!
  Well clean it up, with all the company to impress!
  Nonsense! It fits right in! Just give it a little polish, and it's perfect!
View Results

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
Comfledore
Ifa heart
Comfy! heart Still being awesome, I see.
Aww, I dunno about that!
How are you?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:30 pm
Comfledore
Ifailedmywillsave
Comfledore
Ifa heart
Aww, I dunno about that!
How are you?
Pish and tosh. You're always awesome. I'm doing all right! Excited to be back nosing around Gaia again. And busy with life, as always. But generally, I shouldn't complain. ;D How're you?  

Ifailedmywillsave

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 am
Ifailedmywillsave
Comfledore
Ifailedmywillsave
Comfledore
Ifa heart
Aww, I dunno about that!
How are you?
Pish and tosh. You're always awesome. I'm doing all right! Excited to be back nosing around Gaia again. And busy with life, as always. But generally, I shouldn't complain. ;D How're you?
Pretty busy with life stuff, too! Just moved 3.5 hours away from where I was living before. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:25 am
Ifailedmywillsave
Junimaia
I like the Vancouver weather heart Granted we're having some crazy humid rain wave here in the middle of July. I don't think the temperatures where I'm living have gone beyond 85 yet. It's soo nice. All the East coaster's should come over here to escape that 100 degree business xp

But anyway, I do generally like Vancouver, alot of it reminds me of San Francisco cause it's got the giant mash of culture bombing everywhere with the hilly terrain and lots of interesting restaurants. I LOVE that atmosphere. And my husband's training to be a chef too, so it a good study area for him as well, haha.
Oh man. I want your weather. It's alternated between decent and TOO HOT FOR WORRRRRRDS out here, and we're not even on the East coast! D:

It sounds like an interesting place to visit, and if I could live in the suburbs it would be great t o live in. I just don't like to live in the inner city. Too crowded and busy and usually not enough green and growing things. Depends on the city and the neighborhood, of course. I'm glad you're liking it, though! That's wonderful! Ooo, he's learning to be a chef? Has he taught you any tricks? I know my friends who cook never want to cook when they're at home, since they've been cooking all day.
Oh I hear ya about the crowds, we lucked out and managed to move to an area with a park and a beach just a couple blocks away from our apartment, so I always walk around there when I need to stretch my legs. ...unless it's a weekend, people sure like their beaches on summer weekends gonk

Heh, my husband generally just gets home and wants to rest, which I can understand cause it's a very intensive cooking coarse where they learn to cook new things everyday. He tells me little things I can do to keep the flavor good though. And he always makes a creamy potato soup on weekends lately cause it allows him to work on his cutting speed, so he's shown me a couple ways to cut vegetables efficiently, like when dicing an onion he only cuts the top off, then cuts towards the root but not all the way through so he can dice it without the onion falling apart on him. And he showed me this technique they use in finishing soups, where he sticks a piece of butter on a knife and stirs the potato soup with it to smooth out the broth texture. It's fascinating surprised  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:07 pm
Comfledore
Ifailedmywillsave
Comfledore
Ifailedmywillsave
Comfledore
Ifa heart
Aww, I dunno about that!
How are you?
Pretty busy with life stuff, too! Just moved 3.5 hours away from where I was living before. sad
Juuust far enough away for commuting every weekend to be expensive and unlikely. neutral But just close enough to dangle hope in front of your nose. Ugh. Why did you move, if you don't mind me asking?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
Junimaia
Ifailedmywillsave
Junimaia
I like the Vancouver weather heart Granted we're having some crazy humid rain wave here in the middle of July. I don't think the temperatures where I'm living have gone beyond 85 yet. It's soo nice. All the East coaster's should come over here to escape that 100 degree business xp

But anyway, I do generally like Vancouver, alot of it reminds me of San Francisco cause it's got the giant mash of culture bombing everywhere with the hilly terrain and lots of interesting restaurants. I LOVE that atmosphere. And my husband's training to be a chef too, so it a good study area for him as well, haha.
Oh man. I want your weather. It's alternated between decent and TOO HOT FOR WORRRRRRDS out here, and we're not even on the East coast! D:

It sounds like an interesting place to visit, and if I could live in the suburbs it would be great t o live in. I just don't like to live in the inner city. Too crowded and busy and usually not enough green and growing things. Depends on the city and the neighborhood, of course. I'm glad you're liking it, though! That's wonderful! Ooo, he's learning to be a chef? Has he taught you any tricks? I know my friends who cook never want to cook when they're at home, since they've been cooking all day.
Oh I hear ya about the crowds, we lucked out and managed to move to an area with a park and a beach just a couple blocks away from our apartment, so I always walk around there when I need to stretch my legs. ...unless it's a weekend, people sure like their beaches on summer weekends gonk

Heh, my husband generally just gets home and wants to rest, which I can understand cause it's a very intensive cooking coarse where they learn to cook new things everyday. He tells me little things I can do to keep the flavor good though. And he always makes a creamy potato soup on weekends lately cause it allows him to work on his cutting speed, so he's shown me a couple ways to cut vegetables efficiently, like when dicing an onion he only cuts the top off, then cuts towards the root but not all the way through so he can dice it without the onion falling apart on him. And he showed me this technique they use in finishing soups, where he sticks a piece of butter on a knife and stirs the potato soup with it to smooth out the broth texture. It's fascinating surprised
Mmm... creamy potato soup. ...Now I need to make some. razz Maybe that'll be dinner tomorrow. ninja Oh! Oh! The sort of grid pattern of slicing down toward the root, and then you slice off small chunks according to how much you need? That is sooo useful! I love that trick. And heaven knows extra butter is hard to refuse. Mm. It sounds like a lot of fun! At least from a I'm-not-taking-the-class-myself standpoint. XD  

Ifailedmywillsave

Roake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:46 am
What a coincidence, I've been gone for like 2 years. rofl

No really, I just felt a REALLY strong urge to come back to the suites. I was Reallly surprised over familiar faces, such as yourself. Feels good.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:01 pm
Roake
What a coincidence, I've been gone for like 2 years. rofl

No really, I just felt a REALLY strong urge to come back to the suites. I was Reallly surprised over familiar faces, such as yourself. Feels good.
Omigosh! Hi! I wondered how you were doing, and whether or not you were back. *hug*  

Ifailedmywillsave

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:20 pm
Whoa ho, it's Ifa. I remember you. You were also very nice.
All the nice people came back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 pm
Renard Muldrake
Whoa ho, it's Ifa. I remember you. You were also very nice.
All the nice people came back.

Lets have a no pants nice people party. sweatdrop  

Roake

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:16 pm
It's not a plan I'm against.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:14 pm
Renard! You're here too? Excellent! It's so exciting to see all sorts of friendly faces I wasn't sure would still be around. heart I'll have to go prepare a pantless party avi. XD  

Ifailedmywillsave

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:34 am
I actually said, "Holy ******** s**t" out loud.

IFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Not too much is up with me. Heading into Year 3 of college. Can't wait to get out and get going on my new life plans. I totally rearranged my dreams and major recently. It feels good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:42 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen

Not too much is up with me. Heading into Year 3 of college. Can't wait to get out and get going on my new life plans. I totally rearranged my dreams and major recently. It feels good.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm nosy, could you elaborate? xd  

AquilaLiberum

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:46 pm
Aquila15
Den Dristige Djevelen

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm nosy, could you elaborate? xd

<3

I realized I'm so NOT cut out for a routine job, so I'm dropping the criminal justice major and just doing psychology (because my parents would lynch me if I didn't at least obtain an undergraduate degree), and then I'm moving somewhere pretty and blowing glass.

The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff