Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Alchemy III ~ (1/5) Open! (Desires of an Alchemist) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

”Intriguing question Miss Sasserath,” the alchemical professor exclaimed with an exuberant clap of his hands as he leaned backwards upon his desk, a casual foot raised and propped against the woodwork as a broad smile caressed his tanned face. ”While I don’t know much about the art of alchemical practices in Japan, I did, however, spend a few months in China and learned several spiritual practices of alchemy…

“The Chinese, very much like the Indians, have their own way, unique sense of practicing alchemy internally as well as externally. The ‘nei tan’ or inner elixir is achieved by the alchemist through a form of exercise called ’Qigong,’ which manipulates the chi energy of the body. In the same way that the alchemist performs transmutations on materials in search of the outer elixir, or ’wai tan,’ he 'transmutes' his body with the inner elixir, giving himself long life and good health.

“Now, the inner elixirs primary components are the cosmos and the human being itself, and the entire processes is directly and only involved with the practitioner. The outer elixir is the process by which ingredients are heated in a crucible. Similar in certain aspects as spiritual and practical alchemy as in European ways, though, their alchemy is much more heavily induced with religion, with ultimate peace and tranquility and the harness of chi. I can only assume Japan would have its similarities—until religions divide. And, five points to Slytherin for such an intriguing question.”

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:52 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fifth year - ravenclaw
captain
- ravenclaw quidditch team
ravenclaw - female prefect

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

The arrival of Alchemy on her day's time table had easily sprung a spring in her step and an excitement in her chest through out the day until she was once more on the doorstep of the familiar classroom. The subject was - with much consideration and thought - her favourite out of the many she had peppering her days. The content was always intriguing, the mix of potions and spell casting completely desirable, and the very history of it awe striking. It left so many questions in her than were far from those of just ingredients and wrist motions, often times Alchemy had her question the very fabric of the human mind and inquiry, of the psyche and the lines it dared cross and question.
Nothing thrilled the Ravenclaw more than having more questions tumbling from her mind than answers she could possibly offer.
Stepping in and taking her familiar seat naturally, she all but beamed towards the kind professor as she awaited the lecture. Quill in hand and a stack of parchment ready. No disappointing drooping her at the offer of a note-centred class. Her ease was evident as she recorded every words and passing thought of her own mind. Thinking and focusing as the professor spoke in detail and dropped musings through the class' time.
At the inquiry of questions, Phinelia's hand shot up just a second after Jessica's. The other redhead's question had the Ravenclaw almost relaxed and interested to the point of dropping her hand, hanging on every word of the answer given. Trying with her other hand to note down the professor's thoughts on the question besides just the answer.
At her calling, though, she was ready, "The alchemists sought perfection in many of their experiments and created spells and of course their search for the Philosopher's Stone. And Immortality. I was wondering if they had any theories or practices towards perfecting animals or plants in a similar way as to how they wished to perfect humans?"

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:15 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

”Hmm,” the professor paused, now taking a comfortable seat upon an empty section of his wooden desk as two stubby fingers stroked the stubble across his chin, his mind whirling through rollercoasters to decide the best course to solve such a question. Finally, he smiled. ”The hope to evolve magical plants has been a very, very rare branch of alchemy, I myself, has dabbled in it. If you’ll look around the room, along the wall of windows I have flowerbeds all set up, and, to be quite honest, none of the plants should be living here, especially not thriving.

“There are alchemical secrets that even some herbologists do not know to help keep certain species to grow amongst one another that should not—sort of like fish, some will eat others, and magical plants can be quite the same. However, there hasn’t been much research done into perfecting animals or plants, other than the assumed reasons, for the magical benefits that can be bestowed upon the humans after digesting or creating a potion of such ingredients. Truth be told, most alchemists were rather greedy, and only sought after magic that would further oneself. Those true and rare alchemists who may have attempted to achieve what you spoke about often wrote books in riddles, to purposefully keep their secrets guarded.

“So, in a way, it is possible, but there isn’t much recorded evidence of it having been done in history, there are still many books, and many tablets hidden in the world to decipher of ancient alchemists, so, Miss Von Ichval, you may take five points for your house.”
He mused, a chuckle on his lips. ”I was in search of a book quite like that once, of course, I ended up taking a wrong turn and, well, ended up exchanging a sentence to Spain’s prison for a few years of community service as a professor here at Hogwarts.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:15 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

Professor Angel of House Ravenclaw stood from his perched position behind his tidy desk once his students had entered the classroom, at once, he bounded around the edge of his desk more than enthusiastic to begin the day. As the students settled themselves within their seats, he casually withdrew his wand and offered a simple flick of the wrist. The motionless chalk nestled beside the board jumped with a sudden shock and began to write.

”Quite possibly the most famous alchemists in history are written on the board. Can anyone give me any examples as to what contributions these historical figures had made to alchemy?”

Quote:
Dzou Yen (fl. 4th century B.C.)
Nicolas Flamel (c. 1327—c. 1992)
Paracelsus (1493—1541)
Albus Dumbledore (1881—1997)

[[All missed classes can be completed in his office.]]]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:41 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Fifth Year, Slytherin Prefect

Silence seemed to ever plague his mind, it cackled in his bones and buzzed beneath his flesh, intermingling with the blood and rush of oxygen as it morphed like a virus through every fiber of his being. All thoughts were hushed, compartmentalized into the deepest recesses of his mind that even if he wanted to take heed of such, he’d need to search for it.

All the same, it was with these efforts that he had barely heard a word the professor had said as he began his usual ritual of assessing each of his belongings in place upon his desktop. Silence roared like a storm in his mind, unheard shrieks and shrills and untouched wails of winds berating fire and ash down upon him, as it always did.

╔══════════════╗
Mood: Callous
╚══════════════╝

..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:16 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

“No one wants to try? Well then, the first person to bring a very brief paragraph over each of these four alchemists to my office will receive house points. Now, moving on…

“Alchemists had branched off on their own study of branch of magic, transmutations, which is essentially exactly like transfigurations, the only difference is that these spells were created during alchemists during the peak of their research to receive the name, although it has becoming rarer and rarer to hear the words transmutation of transfigurations….

“Anyway, this spell is quite exhausting and requires a keen sense of mind, but the wand movements and pronunciation are quite simple in comparison. A simple and gentle tap on the temple with your wand, and then guide the tip down the towards the heart as you recite the incantation, ex-poe-NU.

The trick is to imagine yourself in the darkness, you can't see who you’re facing, but you know they're there, so use every bit of information you've ever seen or heard from them to help shift their body into the form that best represents their motives, their ambition in life. Now, if one of you would like and try the spell on me as a demonstration for the other students, please, come on up...

"You might receive house points for it...?”

Quote:

Name of the spell: Expono
Pronunciation of the spell: EX-poe-nu
Meaning behind the name: Expono is Latin for exposed
Effects of the spell: This spell transfigures the effected wizard to form into a version of their true selves, which is only applicable upon certain wizards depending upon if that wizard has cast themselves behind a mask. Works well with emotional and spiritual means.
Wand movements: Gently tap the tip of the wand against the wizard’s temple, and then guide the wand towards the heart while reciting the incantation.
Is there a distance requirement?: Must be in immediate distance
Are the effects lasting?: Only for several minutes
Anything else?: Spell works best upon the sleeping, or the unexpected (often does not work at all.)

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:54 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”Welcome back, hope your summer was well. Welcome to Alchemy III, I am Professor Juan Angel Amorocho, call me Professor Angel, or just professor is fine. Today, we’re going to learn about the desires of an alchemist during the boom of the renaissance. Now, during the renaissance era is when the height of a prolonged lifestyle sparked birth, along with the desire to be rich and famous. So, of course, there had always been a search for a stone which could convert ordinary metals to gold, immortality for the spirit and soul, and the creation of artificial life.

“Now, unbeknownst to many alchemists, the true reasons behind the study of alchemy was not only for science, but for spiritual ambition as well. Alchemists believe that there is a quintessence, where the Above can be created in the Below, thus, heaven on earth in spirit and mind. So, with that in mind, there was only a very small percentage of alchemists true to the ideal of discovering the truth of alchemy, which is why in ancient texts, it can be impossible to discern which ingredients is being used because of the basic, generic terms used for each items.

“An alchemist must engage his studies with a pure heart if his desire is to achieve spiritual perfection and immortality. Essentially, you can almost call alchemy a religion, and the quintessence, heaven. But you will only be learning practical alchemy in this class, but there is a genuine scientific merriment to the philosophical aspect of alchemy. Which, I can explain very simply with this quote from an unknown alchemist.”

Quote:
“Would to God . . . all men might become adepts in our Art -- for then gold, the great idol of mankind, would lose its value, and we should prize it only for its scientific teaching.”

”Now, I do believe that concludes our lesson for the day, any questions?”

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:27 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fifth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

A bright smile was a lit on her features, she had always loved this class, and the humble professor that had taught it. Her hips sashayed as she strolled within the door, glancing at the foliage that lined the half-circular walls of windows that streamed life inside of the classroom. She was a bit disappointed to note that they were taking notes, but she was sure that that only meant that next class would be just that much better.

Finishing her notes, Belle gathered her belongings and left.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:20 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image
William Cloud
Fifth YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Will walked into alchemy class, yet another class that he liked. And the good thing was, Belle loved it as much as he did. Amorocho was a very laid back teacher and he was cool. He greeted his teacher with a hello and sat down next to Belle, kissing her cheek yet again. He always loved doing it, but he really didn't know how she felt about it. She always giggled when he did it; so he figured she liked it, but one never knows with her.

He jotted down the notes the teacher wanted them to, making sure to make little side notes. He raised his hand when the teacher was finished.

"Then could you say that they are closely related to the teachings of Aristotle. However, is the quintessence in another place, or will it be on earth? I know one could relate it to allegory of the cave as well, which I'm sure you know about. Is that there justification? he asked, hoping for some kind of answer. This was a matter that he always loved talking about. Philosophy, and other related subjects.

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:13 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”Welcome back, hope your summer was well. Welcome to Alchemy III, I am Professor Juan Angel Amorocho, call me Professor Angel, or just professor is fine. Today, we’re going to learn about the desires of an alchemist during the boom of the renaissance. Now, during the renaissance era is when the height of a prolonged lifestyle sparked birth, along with the desire to be rich and famous. So, of course, there had always been a search for a stone which could convert ordinary metals to gold, immortality for the spirit and soul, and the creation of artificial life.

“Now, unbeknownst to many alchemists, the true reasons behind the study of alchemy was not only for science, but for spiritual ambition as well. Alchemists believe that there is a quintessence, where the Above can be created in the Below, thus, heaven on earth in spirit and mind. So, with that in mind, there was only a very small percentage of alchemists true to the ideal of discovering the truth of alchemy, which is why in ancient texts, it can be impossible to discern which ingredients is being used because of the basic, generic terms used for each items.

“An alchemist must engage his studies with a pure heart if his desire is to achieve spiritual perfection and immortality. Essentially, you can almost call alchemy a religion, and the quintessence, heaven. But you will only be learning practical alchemy in this class, but there is a genuine scientific merriment to the philosophical aspect of alchemy. Which, I can explain very simply with this quote from an unknown alchemist.”

Quote:
“Would to God . . . all men might become adepts in our Art -- for then gold, the great idol of mankind, would lose its value, and we should prize it only for its scientific teaching.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:49 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Desires of an Alchemist
╚══════════════╝

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fifth Year || Chaser || Prefect || My Love

The thought about science and religion bound together seemed odd. Although there were examples in which the church and scientific discoveries were linked, the spirit and the earth did not correlate as well. However, what Professor Angel said made perfect sense, and in fact enlightened Chase with a new perspective in the study of Alchemy. The quote, which he copied down, stood out and echoed many similar quotes back in muggle schools.

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm
User Image
User Image

Amanda scribbled down notes as Professor Angel dived into a lesson right as class started. The student knew she would have to put a lot of effort into studying for the OWL for this class.

==== ☠ ====

Format by Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:42 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ hurried into class, hopefully not late, and plopped into the seat next to Chase. Her quill was prepped with a piece of parchment to take any notes from the class today. As Professor Angel spoke, the Hufflepuff scribbled down his words, paraphrasing some to shorten the length of her notes. The quote at the end really caught her attention, and she underlined it not once, but twice. Heather tried to think of something to say to keep the discussion going, but nothing came to mind, so she remained silent from that point on.

{ooc: short post~}

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shina Kiremono~Fifth Year~Ravenclaw Prefect and Seeker

User Image

Shina listened to the lecture, taking copious notes. It wasn't surprising that many would study the same subject for different reasons, even ones as dissimilar as getting rich and improving one's spirit. The quote was perfect for the lesson, and Shina was careful to include it in her notes. This topic seemed to be more of one to ponder than to discuss, so she held her silence as well.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing | Animagus Form

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out