Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Alchemy IV ~ (1/4) Open! (Dormir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:41 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Frango Frigus
╚══════════════╝

He blinked when met with an unexpected answer, but it hadn’t taken very long for him to glance down at his edition of the textbook and realize that, she was in fact, correct. Which meant that he had made a mistake--! A sheepish smile had sprawled on his lips as he laughed nervously, and turned around to wipe away the board and quickly fill it in correctly. ”Ah, yes, of course! Thank you for that, my apologies. Now, once you’ve finished reading the chapter you may begin practicing.” He explained as he lifted his wand from where it rested on his desk and gave it a wave, summoning blocks of ice to appear in front of each student in attendance.

The Board
turn to page fourteenfifteen in your textbooks.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:14 am
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Dormir
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the page number in your textbooks, once you've finished reading the chapter team up and practice, Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again,

"And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either, if you're the odd one out, you can practice with me."
He chuckled, this had always been his favorite first lesson.

Quote:
Turn to Page Fourteen in your textbooks

Juan Angel Amorocho

   

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:23 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron walked into his first class of the year. Sure, it was on a Wednesday, but his class schedule only ran Wednesday through Friday. The boy read through the page in his textbook about the spell they would be learning. Blimey, am I going to be comatose every year now? he wondered, suddenly feeling a little terrified of the inevitable. His partner, if they cast the spell correctly, would put him in a coma. Hazel eyes looked up from the book and at the other students. He needed to be partnered with somebody who he trusted.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: I don't know who else is in this class xD))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:48 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious in Alchemyspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Cameronspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Curiousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Huh. This sounds... dangerous. Sort of fun, though.' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ "Is this the last of our haunting?"
She says as she floats like an angel.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Adalaide entered the classroom and was immediately taking notes, a smile on her face. This spell sounded really interesting... dangerous, to be sure, but interesting. She doubted she'd ever have a reason to use it. Honestly, it almost sounded like Dark Magic. Almost like a softer version of the Imperious Curse... but if they were teaching it in school, it couldn't be so bad, right? When she finished the notes, she turned to Cameron, offering a small, nervous smile. "Partners? I make no promises. This sounds difficult." She pulled out her wand. She doubted very highly if anything disastrous would happen. Her spells tended to either work, or just completely fail, having no effect. Which sucked because nothing happened... but was nice because at least she wasn't blowing people up.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀ You will never know until you let me go;
                                                          I'm hoping this will never end.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))
Ada is! 8D

kiska166

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:20 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Hazel eyes locked on Adalaide's when she asked if they could be partners. Cameron nodded slowly, hesitantly, nervously. He was pretty freaked out about how this spell could put others in a comatose. "Sure. Erm, you can go first," he said. If the girl cast the spell first, that meant it would be over faster, didn't it? The boy stayed seated. If he was going to fall asleep, or become knocked out, he didn't want to have to fall on the hard, stoney floor. Oh god. I better wake up in a few minutes. Professor Angel has some spell to wake me up from a coma, he told himself, trying to stay calm. However, a thought had hit him. If there was such a spell to wake others up from a comatose, how come it took the several months for everyone, himself included, to wake up last year after falling into a coma? There is no such thing! he realized, his eyes widening. Cameron quickly stood from his seat, pushing the chair back with his legs. "W-Wait!" he shouted, his body shaking and shivering uncontrollably. There was no way he was going to go through with this. "No, Ada, I- it's just-" he began, but everyone's eyes were on him after he first shouted for the blonde to wait. Cameron's breathing increased heavily, and he couldn't help but burst into tears as his face turned red. Embarrassed, Cameron turned his back on the class and ran out the door without even asking Professor Angel for permission; however, he assumed he would have been excused from the rest of the lesson if he did ask.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:08 pm
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Dormir
OOC: This lesson will either continue for the week, or not, depending on your response Mia
╚══════════════╝

He blinked when he heard the objection and his eyes sought through the few faces present to access whose voice it was he heard. He hardly expected to see Cameron lurch from his seat, stutter, and then disappear out the door. His brows furrowed and twitched nervously and he sighed somberly, he should have known this might happen. It was only last year that many of the students and staff had fallen susceptible to the magically induced comatose. He had hoped, however, that the sixth year students would be well enough adjusted to hopefully carry through with it, but he couldn’t deny that he had his doubts. Hell, he couldn’t blame them at all; he’d have probably felt the very same way, in truth. ”Er…” it was obvious he didn’t know what to do. ”Well then Miss Blythe, would you like to practice with me? You’re very free to be exempt from this lesson as well, if you’d like.” Whether she’d been comatose or not, everyone in this school knew someone that was affected, a family, a friend, a loved one. Being the one to survive while another suffers is never easy, especially when the damage is as blind sighted as that.

Juan Angel Amorocho

   

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:30 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Frango Frigus
╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom. "Today, we will learn a charm that is especially useful in potioneering, and, in ancient times, had been used as a means to acquire fresh water which at times can be a scarce thing, but vital in every aspect. The spell, frango frigus, allows frozen water to shatter, but when it does, it doesn't act as an explosion. It's such a subtle change, you can barely even hear it, but it will cause frozen solid chunks of ice to break into a million, almost shaven pieces of ice, and it would rapidly increase the meltdown rate of the water without losing any through evaporation or giving away your location.”

The Board
turn to page 14 in your textbooks

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:58 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Lesson One: Dormir
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the page number in your textbooks. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again. And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either.

“But, once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, I’ll perform a short demonstration for you before you begin practicing. Si?”
He nodded, motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and waited.

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:17 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two: Frango Frigus
╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom. "Today, we will learn a charm that is especially useful in potioneering, and, in ancient times, had been used as a means to acquire fresh water which at times can be a scarce thing, but vital in every aspect. The spell, frango frigus, allows frozen water to shatter, but when it does, it doesn't act as an explosion. It's such a subtle change, you can barely even hear it, but it will cause frozen solid chunks of ice to break into a million, almost shaven pieces of ice, and it would rapidly increase the meltdown rate of the water without losing any through evaporation or giving away your location.”

The Board

[OOC: 10 points will be awarded to those who attended last class]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:52 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Three:
╚══════════════╝

Strolling in, the professor glided his wand towards the board causing the day’s lesson to appear. Now he sat and waited to see if any students would arrive.

Quote:

Potion: Dream Catch Potion- This potion needs to only sit on the bed stand at night; it records and encourages the witch or wizards dreams, and only works if concocted by that same witch or wizard. Dreams are often difficult to understand, but the records act as a means to remind the drinker of what’s truly important. Each vialed potion can only record one week’s worth of dreams.

1 tsp of Armadillo bile
        3 cups of Powdered root of Asphodel
        half a dozen Ashwinder eggs
        2 handfuls of Belladonna flowers
        1 Crocodile heart
        5 ½ crushed Ginger roots
        13 liters Syrup of Hellebore
        3 dozen Jobberknoll feathers
        4 grams of powdered Moonstone
        2 Runespoor eggs
        ¼ cup of Scarab beetles
        5 Sliced Caterpillar
        8 cups of Shredded Daisy roots

1. Add seven liters of syrup of hellebore to the cauldron and leave to boil.
        2. In a separate mortar, crush belladona flowers, crushed ginger roots, and powdered moonstone until contents are powdered together as one.
        3. Add one teaspoon of armadillo bile to the crushed mortar mixture and stir, then, combine mixture to the cauldron stirring clockwise and the mixture will shift into a dark crimson color.
        4. Add three cups of powdered root of asphodel, stir counterclockwise for five minutes, and then clockwise for two minutes.
        5. Add half a dozen eggs of ashwinder, if the concoction is correct, the eggs should sink to the bottom.
        6. Toss in one crocodile heart, but be wary, the potion will begin to bubble and froth, allow it to do so until it almost seems to bubble over and then toss in the three dozen jobberknoll feathers, and the mixture should begin steaming as it cools and the froth lessens and disappears leaving a murky maroon color behind.
        7. Allow the mixture to sit for approximately ten minutes, or until the mixture has cooled and stops steaming.
        8. Then, add the sliced caterpillars and the shredded daisy roots, turning counterclockwise only.
        9. Drop in a quarter cup of scarab beetles, and two runespoor eggs; the mixture should begin fading to a red color.
        10. Combine the remaining six liters of syrup of hellebore and the potion will turn into a translucent shade of brown is concocted correctly.

[OOC:]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:41 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the page number in your textbooks. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again. And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either.

“Once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, I’ll need a volunteer to perform a short demonstration before you pair off and begin practicing. Si?”
He nodded, motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and waited and for a brave volunteer.

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:05 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Alchemy: Wednesday 11:00am to 11:45am

David's whole afternoon was nothing but classes and although this was only the first one he was in an overall happy mood. In a way he supposed it made up for the Monday he now had off or the days he had only one class in. Luckily all the classes he had today were good one and not something overly tough for him to handle.

Taking a seat David like every year before now was happy to be back in Alchemy. He didn't get an O on his OWL like he'd hoped but he'd at least maintained a decent E for his hard work. Flipping to the correct page in his textbook David was surprised to be learning a spell like this in Alchemy. The spell itself didn't seem so hard to him but appearances could be deceiving.

After watching Professor Angel David read the text or rather skimmed the first part and read how to do the actually spell work before wondering if he really wanted to volunteer. 'So do I really want to do this...?' he thought before shaking his head at the stupidity of it. 'Why not it's just a demonstration?' With that David stood up from his seat. "I'll volunteer." he said confidently. He was a Gryffindor after all it only made sense.

With: Class

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

Gryfindor you say?
Hmm you would indeed be great there.
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:50 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

He almost allowed a bare smile to flutter on his ebony skin. He had to be professional, that was always utmost and of importance, but he always loved to have a little fun. He had to admit, he was relieved that David had been the one to volunteer his efforts for the day's lesson. He never knew how this day would end up, if it was a student he wasn't sure he could trust he'd demonstrate the spell on them, but if it was otherwise... ”Okay, Mister Clarisse, step right up,” he gave a little wave of his hand and took a step into the open expanse of his classroom between his desk and theirs. ”Now, remember, the only way to actively reverse the spell is to recite it once again. It's effects can also be canceled, however, if you try and manipulate someone to do something immoral, something they really don't want to do. David, I'd like you to take a crack at the spell on me, if it works, start with something simple, be creative. Then, try and stop the spell by asking me to do something I wouldn't do, like giving away answers to the NEWT's or singing a song—I hate singing—so, whenever you're ready.”

[OOC: if you have any questions or ideas, feel free to pm me; if you want, you can always surprise me]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:42 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two: Frango Frigus
╚══════════════╝

The Board

[OOC: Students are allowed to make up classes in the professor's office, if they so choose.]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:33 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Alchemy: Wednesday 11:00am to 11:45am

After last week David wasn’t so sure how he felt about the class. Clearly his Professor trusted him enough to test out a spell on him which he was surprised about to say the least. He’d never expected any Professor to actually let him practice a spell, especially one like that on them. Guess it really should speak volumes about how trust worthy he really could be.

Today was a new day and David was curious what they’d be learning this class. Alchemy was just one of those classes that made every class enjoyable no matter what the lesson might be. Taking a seat David opened his books and got ready for class. As Professor Angel walked into the class David got ready to take notes before flipping to the chapter mentioned on the board.

When given the go ahead David scanned the book for how to make the charm work. It sounded interesting although he wasn’t sure what it could be used for now a day. Then again it could very well still be useful and he just didn’t know it.

Status: Last week was interesting... what will we learn today...
With: Class

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---

Gryfindor you say?
Hmm you would indeed be great there.
So be it! Gryffindor!

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers