Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e: Secrets of Lidea~~~~~~~~[FILLED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 am
Arc Vembris
Rain Yupa
Arc, when you read this, your thoughts? Dunno how attached to that game you are, but have you considered a replacement, like you did with KotS?

I love Eberron, and I wanted the game to run well, but an urban intrigue game has a high requirement on party continuity and what group I can cobble together wasn't too keen on the investigation side. Too few of the players had any kind of investment in the setting as well, so it's a challenge to keep the momentum up.

I have another campaign idea backburnered for a while, I just haven't been willing to start a third game. It's one of the Games That I Will Run so I haven't dropped many hints about its nature yet.
Yeah, alot of people who play LFR or Convention gaming have trouble with the investigation/Rp aspects. It took me a good amount of time to get back into normal D&D Style games.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 am
Snuff that Muffin
duel wield sun-rods? Challenge Accepted, lol

I've always viewed sunrods as somewhat more fragile than a weapon, and dagger sized, if not smaller. If it were a game I was running, I would say you would get more out of a torch than a sunrod for the purpose of improvised rangering (the latter breaking upon a single use, putting 2 gp down the drain).  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 am
Rain Yupa
Snuff that Muffin

I've always viewed sunrods as somewhat more fragile than a weapon, and dagger sized, if not smaller. If it were a game I was running, I would say you would get more out of a torch than a sunrod for the purpose of improvised rangering (the latter breaking upon a single use, putting 2 gp down the drain).

ya, plus, you can use a burned out torch's handle for things...
I once fashioned one into a level to open a door...

and do I need to hold it? cant I activate it then like...have it stick out of one of my backpack's pockets...or tuck it in my belt?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am
Snuff that Muffin
Rain Yupa
Snuff that Muffin

and do I need to hold it? cant I activate it then like...have it stick out of one of my backpack's pockets...or tuck it in my belt?

lol,"What is that smell."*Sniff sniff* "It smells like burning hair and trail rations. Why is my backpack on fire?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 am
Hey, I know someone is already making a ranger, But I was wondering if there was still room for my Drow Beast Master Ranger. She's a ranged attacker with a pet spider.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 am
Fighters, Rouges, and Rangers are classes that I feel a party can never have too many of. But that's just me, and my preference for martial characters 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 am
Snuff that Muffin
Rain Yupa
Snuff that Muffin

lol,"What is that smell."*Sniff sniff* "It smells like burning hair and trail rations. Why is my backpack on fire?"

rofl
I meant the sun rod

@Kow:
My ranger is melee...go for it...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 am
Rain Yupa
Fighters, Rouges, and Rangers are classes that I feel a party can never have too many of. But that's just me, and my preference for martial characters 3nodding

Rogues, rogues, rogues, rogues, ROGUES!!!!

XD  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:45 am
Snuff that Muffin
Snuff that Muffin
Rain Yupa
Snuff that Muffin

rofl
I meant the sun rod

@Kow:
lol the worst part is my wife thought it would actually work with the torch.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 am
Snuff that Muffin
Snuff that Muffin
Rain Yupa
Snuff that Muffin

rofl
I meant the sun rod

@Kow:

oh dear...I bet that went over well  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:50 am
Snuff that Muffin
Snuff that Muffin
Snuff that Muffin

rofl
I meant the sun rod

@Kow:

Yeah, She's only been playing D&D for 7 years. It was only like a d4 - d6 fire damage.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 am
KytanaTheThief
Rain Yupa

Rogues, rogues, rogues, rogues, ROGUES!!!!

XD

One of these days, I'd like to see a party of all rogues and a warlord. The warlord can be the gang leader, and the rogues just keep shivving everything to death.

Idea also works with a warlord and a party of barbarians, if you want more of a Fight Club feel to it.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:58 am
Snuff that Muffin
Snuff that Muffin
Snuff that Muffin

rofl
I meant the sun rod

@Kow:

Yeah, She's only been playing D&D for 7 years. It was only like a d4 - d6 fire damage.

only 7...lol
I just passed my 1 year mark XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:12 am
I still don't know which to go with, Either my Controller ( Alexander Kale ), my Defender ( Lucyan Shadar ), my Striker ( Dysmas ), or my Leader ( Razvahn Shathys ). I like my leader and I'm good with him, but my striker is a range/skill monkey which could be useful,my defender is just awesome because of the 'Death's Blessing' feat, but at the same time who wouldn't want to play a 9 year old Nethermancer? Any opinions?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:16 am
Why do you have to play a character you've played before? Why not make something new and unique?

EDIT: And something that's not dark and gloomy?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff